• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 ...(here we go again lol) 55 degrees cloudy damp and dreary 22 mile New Year's Day to collect a new Happy New Year sign pic (also rode 34 miles on my CB 1100 but there is no 2023 What did you do on your other bike thread)

0XQ4iM6h.jpg

alejgeRh.jpg

Last edited:
Adjusted my chain this morning, and it took me into the red zone on the swingarm decal. Original chain made it 23,000 miles. New one is already on order (ordered 12/13), chain, 2 new Shinko tires and front and rear brake pads (just in case). I'm also due for an oil change at 23,700. Maybe they are in, the shop was closed last week for the holidays, and is closed today because it's Monday. I'll go down tomorrow and check.

Adjusted my chain this morning, and it took me into the red zone on the swingarm decal. Original chain made it 23,000 miles. New one is already on order (ordered 12/13), chain, 2 new Shinko tires and front and rear brake pads (just in case). I'm also due for an oil change at 23,700. Maybe they are in, the shop was closed last week for the holidays, and is closed today because it's Monday. I'll go down tomorrow and check.
That is excellent life from an original stock chain. Whatever maintenance routine you have, if any, is working quite well.

No ride today. We are in a weather pattern at home where we’ve come from a low of -9*F 9 days ago to a predicted high of 64*F tomorrow. With a pending 73 degree increase, humid air and the still cold ground and external surfaces are resulting in the road and everything outdoors being soaking wet with condensation. I contemplated an NC ride today but I’d rather wait until colder air returns and things dry out.

The moon looked much larger and closer to the naked eye. I was just going to post a pic of the moon side and call it "NC Phone Home", but when I got home the moon just looked like a speck in the pic lol.

Great start! I'm curious if you ride with others on your daily trips?
No all my daily rides are solo except on Thursdays in warmer weather, when I ride to lunch and a ride afterwards with my younger brother on his Bonneville and my son's father-in-law on his NC 750X.

w6UQlnEh.jpg

ShLIDX8h.jpg

Not today but I did recently do a stupid. I live in Northern Colorado and it snowed a couple weeks back. In my town the roads looked passable so I figured if I stuck to main thoroughfares the plows would have me covered. For 50% of my commute this was true. By the time I realized how very, VERY wrong I was for the second half I was already riding on an inch or two of compacted snow and ice. Making a U-turn in traffic was... sub-optimal. Even getting to a parking lot to reevaluate my life choices looked more dangerous than staying the course. Ultimately I survived (obviously) and never dropped the bike but... OOF. Mistakes were made that day that I don't intend to make again.

Not today but I did recently do a stupid. I live in Northern Colorado and it snowed a couple weeks back. In my town the roads looked passable so I figured if I stuck to main thoroughfares the plows would have me covered. For 50% of my commute this was true. By the time I realized how very, VERY wrong I was for the second half I was already riding on an inch or two of compacted snow and ice. Making a U-turn in traffic was... sub-optimal. Even getting to a parking lot to reevaluate my life choices looked more dangerous than staying the course. Ultimately I survived (obviously) and never dropped the bike but... OOF. Mistakes were made that day that I don't intend to make again.
I have done the same thing. I'm glad you didn't have a fall like I did. We become wiser with experience...welcome to wisdom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back