• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to college and when I'm not studying I pick up some extra cash by walking dogs for the Wag! app. Today was the first day I took my new NC out to get to a dog walk location. The bike has expanded my range and drastically shortened my time to get there. Hoping to do more dog walks with the NC, although I think I'll have to do a lot more to recoup the cost of the bike.
:')

Beautiful day. Ride started out a little chilly at 45 degrees, for my normal Thursday ride to lunch with my brother and a buddy, but it warmed up to a pleasant 59 by the time I got home from the 61 mile ride.

It seems that on my last ride (on curvy CA-17) I ran over some latex paint somewhere. It mostly splattered my undersides, i.e. the lower front fairing, radiator, front exhaust, trans, rear wheel well, rear shock, tail tidy, etc. I tried a lot of stuff I had on hand to wipe it off, but what worked (mostly) was Turtle Wax foam bug/tar remover and elbow grease. Sure, I could've gone down to Ace and got something better. What a complete pain in the ass & F the moron who let it fall outta his truck.

Now that I got that off my chest, I took out the baffle on the Akrapovic pipe. Behind a rubber plug on the end cap is the spot where they tack welded it in, pretty trivial to drill it out & pop out the baffle. Before it sounded pretty close to stock, but without the baffle the sound improved a lot. It has a deeper growl & doesn't sound like a sewing machine anymore. It's not really that much louder either.

It seems that on my last ride (on curvy CA-17) I ran over some latex paint somewhere. It mostly splattered my undersides, i.e. the lower front fairing, radiator, front exhaust, trans, rear wheel well, rear shock, tail tidy, etc. I tried a lot of stuff I had on hand to wipe it off, but what worked (mostly) was Turtle Wax foam bug/tar remover and elbow grease. Sure, I could've gone down to Ace and got something better. What a complete pain in the ass & F the moron who let it fall outta his truck.

Now that I got that off my chest, I took out the baffle on the Akrapovic pipe. Behind a rubber plug on the end cap is the spot where they tack welded it in, pretty trivial to drill it out & pop out the baffle. Before it sounded pretty close to stock, but without the baffle the sound improved a lot. It has a deeper growl & doesn't sound like a sewing machine anymore. It's not really that much louder either.
I have also been wanting to change out the stock can for something with just a little more growl to it. I don’t want to spend much money either. I may try your solution…
Thx

I just got new Shinko Ravens & an inexpensive FodSport Bluetooth Helmet audio device.
Went for a 50 mile ride around rural PA to check them out. Beautiful 60+° day, but 15 mph winds.
Tires are slippery so gotta break them in carefully…Headset worked fine for under $100.

Attachments

• 09341CE9-9E4E-4686-9128-3175E9ABC239.jpeg
    09341CE9-9E4E-4686-9128-3175E9ABC239.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 86786DAC-3F87-4914-8FF6-B476050D826C.jpeg
    86786DAC-3F87-4914-8FF6-B476050D826C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 503A235C-ABE2-40EC-B825-9BE5557C9F99.jpeg
    503A235C-ABE2-40EC-B825-9BE5557C9F99.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • AC4BD936-465E-4F1A-8679-564B7917B7DD.jpeg
    AC4BD936-465E-4F1A-8679-564B7917B7DD.jpeg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 11
After being gone on vacation with the family for a week, woke up to a beautiful sunny day. Temp about 60°, winds a bit stronger than the reported 9mph I think. Still, 53 miles on mostly back roads was fantastic. Could have gone longer but the Mrs. aka, "she who must be obeyed", made a few hints about the lawn and it's length

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401_151213_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230401_151213_Maps.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The RT has been my primary ride the last month so toda I rode the NC around the block while rotating bike positions in the garage to place the NC at the front of the line. It’s getting in the high 80’s F lately favoring the bike with least wind protection.

How too tight were they? A thousandth or two? I only ask because they are all way too tight, chances are the adjustment was done on the wrong TDC. I started to do that once and corrected my error part way through he adjustment.

I didn't measure but I'd guess they were tight by .001-.002". I used the "Are all valve rocker arms loose for the cylinder in question?" check to confirm TDC for each piston.

I didn't measure but I'd guess they were tight by .001-.002". I used the "Are all valve rocker arms loose for the cylinder in question?" check to confirm TDC for each piston.
Sounds very good. Just didn’t want you to have an improperly adjusted engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back