• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does have some glare. The case only attaches to the back so it’s the tablet screen that’s exposed. I might try a non-glare screen saver at some point. The DMD2 app is fully configurable and has a road book mode for rally’s and OBD2 integration with Bluetooth obdii reader, although I don’t think the NC700 outputs obdii data. I guess I could watch some Netflix on the road if I really was bored!
If fit unfolds a little bit, you could use it as a shelter of some sort!

I put on a fender eliminator. It took a long ass time because there were no instructions in the box, and a couple of bolts were too short to be useful (hardware store to the rescue). It looks good but yikes.IMG_20230308_192455759_HDR.jpg

I got a CaliSci windscreen to replace the PUIG that came with my bike....they forgot to put the beauty caps for the screws in the box. :rolleyes: It's a bit wider so my barkbusters are hitting the lower edge on each side at extreme L & R turn angle. I took it off to see how much it was limiting it and it was maybe 1/4" inch. Is this bad? I'm not doing crazy sharp corner turns, but something about it bothers me. I need to actually test the windshield first and see if it's better, but the weather's been crap.

I got a CaliSci windscreen to replace the PUIG that came with my bike....they forgot to put the beauty caps for the screws in the box. :rolleyes: It's a bit wider so my barkbusters are hitting the lower edge on each side at extreme L & R turn angle. I took it off to see how much it was limiting it and it was maybe 1/4" inch. Is this bad? I'm not doing crazy sharp corner turns, but something about it bothers me. I need to actually test the windshield first and see if it's better, but the weather's been crap.
Can you take a dremel and just relieve it in that spot just enough to clear?

I hope he is ok….
Thanks all, he is on the road to recovery. At our regular Thursday lunch with one of our riding buddies he started spitting up blood. A lot of it. Dark bright red arterial type blood. Enough to fill an 8 oz glass. We rushed him to the hospital. Luckily because of the cold temps we were in our trucks instead of on our bikes, and we were only about 20 mins from a local hospital. Ends up an artery ruptured and was bleeding into one of his lungs. End result is, they went in and plugged the artery to stop the bleeding. I think they are releasing him today. I'm just glad we weren't on one of our annual motorcycle out of state Fall Men's Trips in the boonies some place far from a hospital. It was scary. They have no explanation as to why it happened. Just a freak thing.

Thanks all, he is on the road to recovery. At our regular Thursday lunch with one of our riding buddies he started spitting up blood. A lot of it. Dark bright red arterial type blood. Enough to fill an 8 oz glass. We rushed him to the hospital. Luckily because of the cold temps we were in our trucks instead of on our bikes, and we were only about 20 mins from a local hospital. Ends up an artery ruptured and was bleeding into one of his lungs. End result is, they went in and plugged the artery to stop the bleeding. I think they are releasing him today. I'm just glad we weren't on one of our annual motorcycle out of state Fall Men's Trips in the boonies some place far from a hospital. It was scary. They have no explanation as to why it happened. Just a freak thing.
Wow that is scary! I am glad you were close to the hospital and I am glad it sounds like he will be ok…

The CaliSci windshield now fits better after shaving about an inch off each side. I thought 1/2" would be enough, but I ended up cutting off another half inch more in 1/4" increments until it was happy. Sanded the edges smooth and wiped them off with a dab of mineral spirits.

That must have been a pretty stressful half hour and difficult for your family and friends in the hours after. Hoping that everything is getting better for everyone on your end and that the prognosis is good.

That must have been a pretty stressful half hour and difficult for your family and friends in the hours after. Hoping that everything is getting better for everyone on your end and that the prognosis is good.
Being 72 yo, I am not generally a fan of electronics (cell phones, computers, cable TV and streaming remotes etc), but the amazing thing about technology today, is that with one group text, a dozen people can be notified and kept up to date on what is happening instantaneously, without making a dozen phone calls each time there is a development. This is what's happening, they just took him in for surgery, he's out of surgery, this is what the doctor said etc etc. That's pretty amazing to me.

So he's good. Now...back to motorcycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back