• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s BRP week.

Today I started my 4-5 day stretch of riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and the twisty roads that lead to and from it. I have a base camp site near the Parkway and each day I’ll plan a different ride, but it will most always involve the Parkway. I thought about doing the whole 469 BRP miles in both directions, but I think if I focus on the lower half, it will be more enjoyable.

View attachment 49252
What a nice color…was this color available or someone did an awesome job!?!?! Just bought two Honda NAVIs only available in red in Canada but ordered lime green panels to change one.

What a nice color…was this color available or someone did an awesome job!?!?! Just bought two Honda NAVIs only available in red in Canada but ordered lime green panels to change one.
Thank you. My 2012 started out grey from Honda. I painted it myself Sunburst Orange. It looked great. Then for awhile I had a second grey 2012 NC and I paid someone to paint the panels Lime Squeeze. I liked the Lime Squeeze green best so when I later sold the second NC, I swapped the panels between the two bikes and kept my original NC as green, as seen in the photo.

I was interested in the Navi, partly because I liked the green color available in the USA. Most often Honda colors in general, even on their cars, SUVs, and truck, are uninteresting. The NC has only been sold in the USA as red, grey, or black, and then one model year where blue was a choice. The blue was really nice, in my opinion.

Woke up at 5:45 this morning. A little stiff. But no need for prescription pain meds. I did take 600mg of Advil, more to stay ahead of pain than to calm any pain. Also took my weekly 1/2 dose of arthritis meds. The other 1/2 dose will be taken this afternoon. It is a new regiment for me, as he upped my dosage he simultaneously split the delivery. So previously I took 8 pills every Saturday morning but he upped me to 10 pills each week. Now I take 5 in morning. I will take the remaining 5 later.

Went outside, power washed 2 pool filters and started up the ritual of spring cleaning the pool. Heater is working. Robot is cleaning up the debris. Salt system is operational. Should be good to go for tomorrow.

The fact that I can even get up and do that stuff is like a miracle compared to the past few weeks. I credit the injection I took yesterday morning. I don't feel I have the hand/arm/shoulder strength back to wear it was, but I do feel more stable and balanced on my feet. Hoping the increased doses of the 2 meds are enough, but I can tell you that today I am much improved. Next injection is Wednesday.

Hopeful that I might be in riding condition again soon. Just a little more upper body strength and I'll be good.
Good news all the way around! Curious if your arthritis symptoms are improved or aggravated with exercise.

Did 350 miles RT today and visited my daughter in Miami. In Miami, the car to the left of me and the car to the right of me decided that they both wanted to use the space on the road I was occupying. Glad that I train for that nonsense. They hit one another but I was fine and had to go to confession for the profanity I used. On 41 in Collier County (two lanes, Everglades on both sides) I wound up having to hit the shoulder 4 stinking times to make way for folks passing in my lane. Those parts were not , but otherwise an enjoyable ride. Happens to all of us.

The bike ran great. Risers were awesome. Boy, the refined new rear suspension sure does make the front stand out. I'll sort that out this week.

Good news all the way around! Curious if your arthritis symptoms are improved or aggravated with exercise.
Generally improved but only to a point. If I over-do it, it hurts. If I don't do anything, it hurts.

Felt good enough to do some house painting today, I have specific pain in my right hand, wrist, arm and shoulder because I was painting with my right hand. So clearly I over did it. Typically if I over do things I am in pain for 24 hours. I coach fencing but don't compete because last time (several years ago) I actually fenced a bout I had a blade knocked completely out of my hand do to the vibration and impact shock from blade contact, I simply can't take that the of shock and still hold a weapon (I also find that sharp recoil impulse guns hurt more than guns that thump so no shooting a 10mm but a 45acp is OK, at least until I get tired. I pretty much switched to 9mm because it shoots so soft, but can't shoot a 40s&w because of the sharp recoil).

The rest of my body actually feels pretty good today. I'm surprised how good I feel. Which is a good thing. I expect my hand/arm to be sore from the painting, but I'm thrilled my whole body is not aching while I sit, aching while I move.

Not good enough to ride (yet) but certainly improved.

NO PAIN this morning.

No meds for pain, over the counter or prescription.

Balance while walking seems pretty close to normal, leg strength seems to be better. Hand, arm & shoulder strength seems a bit lower than I'd like to go riding but it is getting close.

The question is now, will I improve more even more tomorrow, or will the meds effectiveness wane and then return at my next dose, only to wane again? This could be an interesting, and very hopeful upcoming several days. I just know I'd like to get back to riding again. ASAP

Happy Memorial Day to all the Veterans out there. Thank you for your sacrifice. Going for a ride upstate to celebrate this Great land you protected.
In honor of my Father, a WWII Sherman Tank Commander, I rode to Memorial Lake & Fort Indiantown Gap Cemetery.
God Bless all of you Veterans…

Attachments

• 204F1BAB-C94F-405B-ADCD-095311A1CABF.jpeg
    204F1BAB-C94F-405B-ADCD-095311A1CABF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • A0C6C8D6-430B-42C4-B5B7-EFE937F15F44.jpeg
    A0C6C8D6-430B-42C4-B5B7-EFE937F15F44.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
I guess at times this "What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?" thread is about anything that happens today, whether it involves an NC or not.

New top box, new decals.
Pelican 1560 mounted on a T-Rex rack.
Do you have a little wider view photo showing at least some of the bike with the case mounted?

I put a Pelican top case on my CRF250L Rally. It’s quite the sturdy box.

Well that Memorial day ride upstate(CONN) turned into upstate MASS by way of Vermont. Ended up at MT Greylock 3,491 ft. At the top there is a War Memorial from the 1st WW that was built in the 30s. Did not plan this but I am so grateful that I did. Going up got 61.8 mpg doing 65 and above. Running around there 2500 rpm and on way home on highway did not go over 3200rpm. 81mpg wow cant beat it.

Are you using an app or old school logging for your mileage tracking?

Lol old scholl logging, on yearly calendars.

I've ridden since 1965 but didnt start logging any stats until 2008. I just did beginning and ending odometer readings for each bike to record mileage for the year. Then in 2013, my son bought me an Aerostich poster for Christmas that listed how many days you should be able to ride in each area of the country if you are willing to ride between freezing and 90 degrees regardless of weather, so I started recording days ridden along with which bike and daily mileage to see how I measured up to the poster. The last couple of years I recorded which bike, how many miles, how many days mo/ yr and the weather each day at time of the ride.

My highest mileage year was 2017 with 29,105 miles. My highest number of riding days in a year was 2020 with 350 days ridden

Since 2014, I have averaged 22,867 miles and 300 days per year.

Just something for an old man to do, but I do wish I had started logging all that stuff in 1965. It would be interesting numbers, thats for sure.

Lol old scholl logging, on yearly calendars.

I've ridden since 1965 but didnt start logging any stats until 2008. I just did beginning and ending odometer readings for each bike to record mileage for the year. Then in 2013, my son bought me an Aerostich poster for Christmas that listed how many days you should be able to ride in each area of the country if you are willing to ride between freezing and 90 degrees regardless of weather, so I started recording days ridden along with which bike and daily mileage to see how I measured up to the poster. The last couple of years I recorded which bike, how many miles, how many days mo/ yr and the weather each day at time of the ride.

My highest mileage year was 2017 with 29,105 miles. My highest number of riding days in a year was 2020 with 350 days ridden

Since 2014, I have averaged 22,867 miles and 300 days per year.

Just something for an old man to do, but I do wish I had started logging all that stuff in 1965. It would be interesting numbers, thats for sure.
Thanks for sharing. I blew up the recommended maintenance schedule on an 11x17 sheet with an oil change and chain maintenance chart and have a notebook as well I just started using for other work. With todays fill up on fuel I’m trying out three apps for fuel costs and mileage tracking and efficiency to see which one I like best. The apps are fuelio, Fuelly, and gas buddy. Will need to get a couple fill ups to see which I like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back