• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mounted a few footman loops on my top case, put 2 ultra light fishing rods on and went fishing. Caught one of the largest rainbow trout I have ever seen, but no photos, so it was just a fish story or lie, or both.
So timely. I’m actually trying to figure out how to craft a holder like the rifle case on the Harley below, but for rods. I want a few fish stories too!

I’d like to do the same for my Xmax.

925D5A3D-E227-492C-86A5-498157B22F85.png

Bought it! Joined the party with a 2014 that has 6000 miles on it. Well maintained and a very nice aftermarket windshield. Wonderful gentleman bought it new and meticulusly maintained it until his health prevented him from riding any more. Guess that means enjoy the day for you never know. NC700x.jpg

Bought it! Joined the party with a 2014 that has 6000 miles on it. Well maintained and a very nice aftermarket windshield. Wonderful gentleman bought it new and meticulusly maintained it until his health prevented him from riding any more. Guess that means enjoy the day for you never know. View attachment 49474
Congratulations on the acquisition. That's a Madstad windshield version 2.

Sure. I’ve also included a picture of stock shock next to the Hyperpro. I don’t know what conclusions can be drawn by comparing form factors, but it seems to be a pretty common practice to share (still studying suspension…not enough knowledge). I put the adjuster on a slight angle for just a bit more clearance from the bottom of the right pannier.

Looks good mz. I like the idea and placement of the remote adjustment. I’m sure I could benefit from suspension upgrades but I’m clueless as to the options and what would work for my case. That on top of the seat being a priority currently and it taking up the bike slush fund. Hope it works out for ya though.

Looks good mz. I like the idea and placement of the remote adjustment. I’m sure I could benefit from suspension upgrades but I’m clueless as to the options and what would work for my case. That on top of the seat being a priority currently and it taking up the bike slush fund. Hope it works out for ya though.
Not sure if you have seen all of my suspension questions, but I'm in the dark too! Well not quite in the dark, but dimly lit at least. I call suspension the dark arts. There are some folks here that I really trust, too. I've used EPM Performance in the past and they have not steered me wrong for three upgrades so far. Been spot on.

I've aways worn a rainsuit over my Tourmaster riding gear even though it is supposedly waterproof. It has kept me dry in a light rain but I've never tested it in a real toad strangler. Today it was thunder storming with very heavy rain so I decided to give it a real test. So I threw on a pair of light grey sweats top and bottom (they turn dark grey when wet ), and my riding gear, and waited until it was really coming down before taking off. After 30 miles, everything had failed but my over mitts lol. Was wet around the top of my neck and shoulders, stomach, and both sides of my legs, plus my socks. Surprisingly my crotch and butt were dry. Guess I still need to carry my rainsuit on trips lol.

So I communicated my complaint to seat concepts and they responded. They asked that I give it some time and said that the seat should break in and become comfortable. Sometimes it doesn’t. If there is no improvement they’ll replace it. They extended the offer for one year. Though I do not care for this seat right now, I can’t complain about their customer service. I’ll submit to the process and see where it goes.

I've aways worn a rainsuit over my Tourmaster riding gear even though it is supposedly waterproof.
In my opinion, Tourmaster and waterproof should never be mentioned in the same sentence. I have 3 of their jackets and all leak like a sieve. Like you, I wear dedicated rain gear over my riding gear.

I've aways worn a rainsuit over my Tourmaster riding gear even though it is supposedly waterproof. It has kept me dry in a light rain but I've never tested it in a real toad strangler. Today it was thunder storming with very heavy rain so I decided to give it a real test. So I threw on a pair of light grey sweats top and bottom (they turn dark grey when wet ), and my riding gear, and waited until it was really coming down before taking off. After 30 miles, everything had failed but my over mitts lol. Was wet around the top of my neck and shoulders, stomach, and both sides of my legs, plus my socks. Surprisingly my crotch and butt were dry. Guess I still need to carry my rainsuit on trips lol.

Some waterproofing can wear off and just need sprayed to renew. My jacket and pants have been fine so far and haven’t needed to test this theory myself though.

Bought it! Joined the party with a 2014 that has 6000 miles on it. Well maintained and a very nice aftermarket windshield. Wonderful gentleman bought it new and meticulusly maintained it until his health prevented him from riding any more. Guess that means enjoy the day for you never know. View attachment 49474
Welcome to the club!
Sounds similar to my purchase back in October.

I’ve been taking a lot of prescription pain medications and over the past 30 days I have bad days and horrible days.

Got a call from my arthritis doctor about 30 min ago that my injection dose is doubled in frequency (every week now, instead of every other week). I just gave myself a shot. Tomorrow he also has me increasing some weekly meds from 8 pills to 10. I am now at the maximum recommended doses for both of these medications. If this does not work then I have to find a new medication that will be more effective for me.

Hopefully I will back off the opioids in the next couple days and be back to riding soon!

I’ve been taking a lot of prescription pain medications and over the past 30 days I have bad days and horrible days.

Got a call from my arthritis doctor about 30 min ago that my injection dose is doubled in frequency (every week now, instead of every other week). I just gave myself a shot. Tomorrow he also has me increasing some weekly meds from 8 pills to 10. I am now at the maximum recommended doses for both of these medications. If this does not work then I have to find a new medication that will be more effective for me.

Hopefully I will back off the opioids in the next couple days and be back to riding soon!
Hang in there buddy hope everything gets back to normal. I have not ridden since May 8th. The old back went out again had surgery in the 80s. After 2 strokes and all the other worn out body parts just getting out for a ride has always made me feel better. Nowadays I use non-narc pain meds only.

. . . Nowadays I use non-narc pain meds only.
That is my preference but high dose advil wouldn't even take the edge off the discomfort lately. Small glass of bourbon at bedtime helps too.

Lately its been wake up, take a pain pill, then coffee. Another pain pill at lunch. Another at dinner. Normally I'll take 3 pain pills A MONTH. Now I'm taking 2 to 3 A DAY.

But I actually feel a bit better today and pushed my lunchtime pain pill to mid-afternoon. Some of that improvement may be due to the injection I gave myself this morning. Hoping the increase in other meds, which starts tomorrow, also helps. The injections work in combination with the pills. So if I'm lucky I'll be feeling noticeably better in a few more days.

That is my preference but high dose advil wouldn't even take the edge off the discomfort lately. Small glass of bourbon at bedtime helps too.

Lately its been wake up, take a pain pill, then coffee. Another pain pill at lunch. Another at dinner. Normally I'll take 3 pain pills A MONTH. Now I'm taking 2 to 3 A DAY.

But I actually feel a bit better today and pushed my lunchtime pain pill to mid-afternoon. Some of that improvement may be due to the injection I gave myself this morning. Hoping the increase in other meds, which starts tomorrow, also helps. The injections work in combination with the pills. So if I'm lucky I'll be feeling noticeably better in a few more days.
Rooting for you!

Took the bike out for a ride to test the anti-vibration Rox risers and the new shock. The risers are pretty good at dampening the vibration actually. It does exactly that. You still feel the same vibration with less intensity. The increased height was very welcome and takes care of most of what I was concerned with.

The hyperpro shock, without exaggeration, is absolutely fantastic. There is no placebo effect, no "I spent all this money...it must be better," this is just an absolutely premium shock that provides an excellent ride. EPM Performance really listened to me about what I wanted and absolutely delivered on it. I could go on and on about how good it is...just insane what an improvement this shock makes.

Woke up at 5:45 this morning. A little stiff. But no need for prescription pain meds. I did take 600mg of Advil, more to stay ahead of pain than to calm any pain. Also took my weekly 1/2 dose of arthritis meds. The other 1/2 dose will be taken this afternoon. It is a new regiment for me, as he upped my dosage he simultaneously split the delivery. So previously I took 8 pills every Saturday morning but he upped me to 10 pills each week. Now I take 5 in morning. I will take the remaining 5 later.

Went outside, power washed 2 pool filters and started up the ritual of spring cleaning the pool. Heater is working. Robot is cleaning up the debris. Salt system is operational. Should be good to go for tomorrow.

The fact that I can even get up and do that stuff is like a miracle compared to the past few weeks. I credit the injection I took yesterday morning. I don't feel I have the hand/arm/shoulder strength back to wear it was, but I do feel more stable and balanced on my feet. Hoping the increased doses of the 2 meds are enough, but I can tell you that today I am much improved. Next injection is Wednesday.

Hopeful that I might be in riding condition again soon. Just a little more upper body strength and I'll be good.

At Talladega GP riding track today! Only a couple riders signed up in Advanced group (usually there's 30-40 per group). So it's literally been me and 1 other rider on track in the Advanced group sessions. It's weird basically having the whole track to myself! Weather couldn't be better either! Temp is just right not to cook in this leather suit. It's a great start to this Memorial Day weekend!

20220528_073759.jpg

20220528_085642.jpg

20220528_090022.jpg

At Talladega GP riding track today! Only a couple riders signed up in Advanced group (usually there's 30-40 per group). So it's literally been me and 1 other rider on track in the Advanced group sessions. It's weird basically having the whole track to myself! Weather couldn't be better either! Temp is just right not to cook in this leather suit. It's a great start to this Memorial Day weekend!

View attachment 49488

View attachment 49487

View attachment 49489
Very cool! Do you have many performance upgrades to the NC other than the exhaust?
Or is it fairly stock?
How does she do around the track?
Inquiring minds want to know……
;)

Very cool! Do you have many performance upgrades to the NC other than the exhaust?
Or is it fairly stock?
How does she do around the track?
Inquiring minds want to know……
;)
The forks are built with springs to my weight and Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators, oem rear shock but preload is maxxed out, peg risers to help prevent dragging even though several things including the peg still drag....EBC Road Race brake pads in the front, and Michelin Power Cup Evo tires.

Really need to buy the Ohlins rear shock. This track has a bump in one of the turns, which is usually avoidable....but I cut in too early the first session of the day, and hit the bump...and it's a fast corner too. I hit the bump around 70 with my right knee down, the rear end bucked hard and kicked my left foot off the peg. It was a wild ride!

Aside from being low on power, it does very well, or I wouldn't be able to ride in Advanced group. If you're interested in riding track, definitely don't let the NC stop you! Had a guy on a Yamaha R6 in Advanced group come up to me after the last session and said he was following me trying to learn the line through a couple corners bc I was faster through them than he was. Lol....on an old NC700X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back