• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 314 of riding...glorious day, 40 degrees and bright sunshine for today's 71 mile ride. The longest of the month (by 1 mile lol).
Only 244 miles shy of 20K for the year and 253 shy of 23K on the NC.

I'm 20 for 20 in December so far but Thursday, Friday & Saturday are going to be iffy as far as riding goes, after that should be smooth sailing until the 29th at least.

Last edited:
Day 314 of riding...glorious day, 40 degrees and bright sunshine for today's 71 mile ride. The longest of the month (by 1 mile lol).
Only 244 miles shy of 20K for the year and 253 shy of 23K on the NC.

I'm 20 for 20 in December so far but Thursday, Friday & Saturday are going to be iffy as far as riding goes, after that should be smooth sailing until the 29th at least.
The mornings here are supposed to be in the 20s here Friday through Monday. Afternoons in the 40s. Oh well it will give me a chance to try out some glove covers and overpants that will have to work well on the way to and from WinterStoc next month. I'd like to do 22,222 miles for 2022 but we'll see.

That is an interesting point. I’ve got a couple of thousand miles on the Xmax and haven’t noticed a difference in my conspicuity compared to the NC based on driver behavior. The NC is 87 x 33 x 50 and the Xmax is 86 X 31 X 55. Similar mass might have something to do with my experiences. But I see your point which is absolutely a valid consideration and I’m not in disagreement at all. My wife quit riding after a bad day where we were forced into the shoulder 3 times in one ride because of inattentive drivers.
I’ve been thinking about conspicuity on my Xmax since this post. I’m definitely going to add Skene’s Photon Blasters up front if I keep it. But regarding mass, I had to leave my bikes out last night ( my solar array with battery backup is going in which I am more than extremely excited about). I snapped a couple of pics. Keeping it the spirit of the thread, riding to the gym! FE00E288-48EC-4003-9026-FDFC73A38FC5.jpeg0EB5DE71-4571-4A7B-94AE-B4BEADC59796.jpeg

Nice but what are those trees with the funny looking leaves?

With regards to conspicuity, you can get black 3M high viz tape that is practically invisible during the day but lights up whenever light hits it

W6XnEVBh.jpg

qSKwoIah.jpg

Nice but what are those trees with the funny looking leaves?

With regards to conspicuity, you can get black 3M high viz tape that is practically invisible during the day but lights up whenever light hits it

W6XnEVBh.jpg

qSKwoIah.jpg
That is fantastic! Thank you! I’ll look to see if they have black reflecting red. I think white light reflecting from the rear is illegal in Florida.

That is fantastic! Thank you! I’ll look to see if they have black reflecting red. I think white light reflecting from the rear is illegal in Florida.
They will have red reflecting red, but not black reflecting red.

There isn't much surface area on the back of a naked NC lol

1n9quuCh.jpg

Day 315 is in the books, a 63 miler on the "Stonelick Loop" 41 degrees and cloudy.

Heavy rain coming tomorrow followed by a "flash freeze" (dropping from 43 degrees at 8 pm Thur to 1 degree at 8 AM Fri) and an inch or two of snow. Going to be wild. I'm guessing I won't be riding until at least Christmas day. We will see.

Hi @Ahn , mine was a coolant leak. I was actually coming online to post an update. The leak returned within a couple hundred miles. Nothing to cause me to stop riding, just enough to notice - i.e., ride it almost600-Mike's I'm a s weekend and only needs a coupe ounces to to off the reservoir Investigating further, I realized the leak was coming from the weep hole. I guess just another item gone bad because previous owner left it sitting for a coupe years or so. Anyway, after the realization, I ordered a new water pump assembly from Partzilla.com ($258, delivered within a week). I'm leak-free with about 300-miles on it.
Really appreciate your reply, i hope your problem will fix with new water pump. I ordered new o-rings last week after see your post and i will notice you the result soon, or probably next year :)

Well, I did not ride to the gym today as it was 38 degrees here this morning. But I had some time so I thought I would see what I was missing with cold weather riding and went out in 42 degree weather after the gym. I realized quickly how familiar I was with the location of my helmet's vent levers (holy #$%!!...I shave my head and that was a cold Jetstream of air cascading across my skull). My toes were pretty cold pretty quick. Though my gloves are leather they are perforated, and my hands got cold really quickly. I don't wear riding pants only jeans so my legs got cold too. With as many warm riding days I have available to me, and considering the cost of the proper cold weather riding gear, I think I'll have to live my cold riding life vicariously through @the Ferret , @dduelin, and the rest of the die-harder-than-me riders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back