• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pair of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT put on the bike. So far I only rode them home but they feel pretty 'set' though I won't push them for a few miles to make sure the mold release is gone. When you get new tires you're always comparing to the warn out ones you just took off so they always feel better for a while.

I put a couple hundred miles on the black NC700X on friday to scuff in the new pirelli angels , than anothe 180 yesterday to make sure the R-Gaza Touring bars didn't drag while leaning hard on Red's red NC700X

Rode in to work today. First reasonable riding day after a few weeks of HOT HUMID weather.

Saturday, I did an oil & filter change. 6500 miles on the oil and it was a dark amber (not black at all). Was planning to go the full 8000 miles, but I have a trip coming up in two weeks that would have put me way over.
oilchange.jpg

Finally got the wiring for my latest project done and tested. Aux lights keep alive... a latch relay that is fed with both switched + unswitched power from the 6P accessory connector. Allows aux lights to stay on after the ignition key is turned off, but not turned on once the bike is off. Similar to how the stock flasher relay works.

Based on a generic latch relay board from Amazon + some modifications. I went through many iterations of this to try to keep it as simple as possible, and am very happy with the result considering my limited electronics skills.

Did a test fit install, but didn't have time to cable manage and remove all of the panels to fully wire it in today.

IMG_5419.jpg IMG_5433.jpg

Packing up and heading out on an 8 day trip this afternoon. Leaving work at 11am. Head home, pack, then meet up with friends at 1pm. Hope I don't forget anything!
My garage looks like a tornado hit it with gear all over the place. Need to fit it all in and get on my way.

SE Michigan -> Ferry to Wisconsin -> Minnesota -> Michigan's UP -> SE Michigan

I normally take the ST1300 on trips, but the NC700X looks to be a lot easier to strap down on the ferry. It should be a good run for the happy little tractor.

Packing up and heading out on an 8 day trip this afternoon. Leaving work at 11am. Head home, pack, then meet up with friends at 1pm. Hope I don't forget anything!
My garage looks like a tornado hit it with gear all over the place. Need to fit it all in and get on my way.

SE Michigan -> Ferry to Wisconsin -> Minnesota -> Michigan's UP -> SE Michigan

I normally take the ST1300 on trips, but the NC700X looks to be a lot easier to strap down on the ferry. It should be a good run for the happy little tractor.
Have a great trip! Be safe.

Attempted a handlebar swap, only to find that the new bar diameter was a tad too thick to allow the throttle tube to slide on (let alone freely rotate during operation). Project on hold to (1) see if I can remove enough powder coat to allow for the throttle tube to slide, without getting to bare steel, or (2) finding another set of clubman bars that are finished at the proper diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back