• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ [Specs, Features, Photos]

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

The 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT Is a Grand Tourer with Sportbike Performance

Contents​

The GSX-S1000GT is one of the latest additions to the 2022 Suzuki model lineup. It made its debut in late 2021 and joined the Japanese manufacturer’s portfolio as a replacement for the GSX-S1000F.

It uses the same powerplant as its street-naked sibling, the GSX-S1000, with a 999cc inline-four engine that produces 150hp and 79.66lb-ft of torque. This may not be the most powerful or exciting inline-four engine on the market, but it fits perfectly well with the bike’s touring intentions. Some other parts of the motorcycle are also shared with the GSX-S1000. This includes the alloy beam frame, inverted KYB forks, and Brembo front brake calipers.

Things are different towards the motorcycle’s rear, with the GSX-S1000GT featuring a new bolt-on subframe designed to enhance luggage and passenger-carrying potential.

There’s quite a bit of electronic tech on offer. This is the very first production Suzuki motorcycle to feature a full-TFT display. The 6.5-inch unit allows you to connect your smartphone via the mySPIN app, enabling phone, music, and navigation functionality. Other features include ride-by-wire throttle, Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) with 5-levels, and a bi-directional quick-shifter.

Riders have the option to equip the base GSX-S1000GT with quick-release panniers. The GSX-S1000GT+ variant gets these as standard, which is the only differentiating factor between the two motorcycles.

The 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ starts at $13,149 USD / $15,399 CAD.

On this page: we’ve curated specs, features, news, photos/videos, etc. so you can read up on the new 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ in one place.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+

Motorcycle Overview​

General Info​

• Price: $13,149 USD / $15,399 CAD
  • Key Features:
    • GSX-R1000-derived 999cc, inline-four engine
    • Five-level traction control and bi-directional quickshifter as standard
    • 6.5-inch TFT display

Main Specs​

• Engine: 999cc inline-four
  • Power: 150hp
  • Torque: 79.6lb-ft
  • Wet Weight: 498 lbs (226kg)
  • Seat Height: 31.9 inches (810mm)

Competitors​

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ Specifications​

Engine​

Engine999cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
Bore x Stroke73.4 mm x 59.0 mm (2.890 in. x 2.323 in.)
Compression Ratio12.2:1
Fuel SystemFuel injection with Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies
StarterElectric
LubricationWet sump

Drivetrain​

Transmission6-speed constant mesh
ClutchWet, multi-plate SCAS type
Final DriveChain, RK525GSH, 525 x 116 links

Chassis​

Suspension FrontInverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension RearLink type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes FrontBrembo, 4-piston, twin disc, ABS-equipped
Brakes RearNissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
Tires Front120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity19.0 L (5.0 US gal.)
ColorMetallic Reflective Blue or Glass Sparkle Black (Final specifications including color options subject to change.)

Electrical​

IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
Spark PlugNGK CR9EIA-9 or DENSO IU27D Iridium-style
HeadlightDual LED
Tail LightLED

Dimensions​

Overall Length2,140 mm (84.3 in.)
Overall Width825 mm (32.5 in.)
Overall Height1,215 mm (47.8 in.)
Ground Clearance140 mm (5.5 in.)
Wheelbase1,460 mm (57.5 in.)
Seat Height810 mm (31.9 in.)
Curb Weight226 kg (498 lb.)

Warranty​

Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ Features​

Key Features​

Ready to split the wind, the full fairing brings a new standard of aerodynamics and rider wind protection to the sport touring category. The dual mono-focus LED headlights and V shaped LED position light creates a distinctive appearance and great illumination. With, or without the optional side cases in place, or equipped with the optional touring windscreen, the GSX-S1000GT’s fresh take on a Grand Tourer sets a new standard for the category.

The GSX-S1000GT is the first Suzuki motorcycle to feature a full Thin Film Transistor, or TFT, display. The large, 6.5 in. TFT panel is easy to read in any light condition and features a format that makes it easy for the rider to adjust many of the bike’s S.I.R.S. features. The panel also debuts Suzuki’s mySPIN connectivity application that seamlessly links to a smartphone to provide easy access to contacts, maps, music, and phone communication.

Worldwide emissions-compliant, the 999cc, GSX-R-based engine has increased peak power, with strong torque in the low- to mid-range that’s smoothly controlled by new, Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies, for a Grand Touring experience that’s extraordinary.

Upright ergonomics deliver superb control and comfort, while the twin-spar aluminum frame and fully adjustable KYB suspension deliver controlled handling. The ABS-equipped** Brembo Monobloc brake calipers with dual, floating brake rotors provide controlled stopping power.

The latest version of the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) smooths shifting and engine braking, while the new Bi-directional, Quick Shift system gives your clutch hand a rest. Right hand comfort is increased with the hybrid throttle system and the precise electronic cruise control.

The latest iteration of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) includes the three-mode Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, the updated, five-mode Advanced Traction Control System*, Bi-directional Quick Shift System, and the popular Easy Start and Low RPM Assist systems.

Select the Metallic Reflective Blue or the ever-popular Glass Sparkle Black paint scheme – each featuring fresh identity logos for motorcycling’s new Grand Touring leader.

Final specifications including color options subject to change.

*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.

**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.

Engine Features​

The GSX-S1000GT’s long-stroke GSX-R engine has been refined to produce a broad, smooth torque curve through the full rev-range, with increased peak horsepower.

The GSX-S1000GT provides predictable and controllable throttle response, with abundant top-end power to provide the rider an exciting riding experience.

New camshaft profiles decrease lift and valve overlap not only to improve emissions, but balance the engine’s performance and drivability, while enhancing rider control.

New valve springs are calibrated to the new camshafts to aid performance and improve durability.

The cam chain tensioner and tension adjuster are updated to reduce friction and improve durability.

Suzuki’s legendary Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) design is machined into the cylinder head that, with the flat-top pistons, achieves an optimal 12.2:1 compression ratio that helps deliver a broad spread of power throughout the entire rev range.

Aluminum pistons, engineered with use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis, are cast for optimal rigidity and weight.

Ventilation holes between the cylinders reduce pumping loss within the crankcase so the engine can deliver more power and torque.
Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)–plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.

The engine case finish presents a strong image of quality, while the design of the engine covers (clutch, stator, and drive sprocket) are updated with a new shape and finish.

New electronic throttle bodies are used on the GSX-S1000GT, so engine response is smoother and even more controlled, especially when the rider is applying the throttle to accelerate out of a corner.

These Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies provide precise control for the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Traction Control (TC), and Bi-directional Quick Shift system (QS).
Long-tip, 10-hole fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization, while the automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starting and stabilizes the engine idle.

The air cleaner has a new internal structure that contributes to the GSX-S1000GT’s increased engine performance while maintaining the exciting intake sound that the GSX-S1000 is renowned.

The air cleaner’s external shape is changed to accommodate the larger capacity fuel tank (5.0 US gallons).

Retaining the under-chassis design, sharp looks, and exciting note of the prior generation GSX-S1000F’s system, the GSX-S1000GT’s new stainless steel, 4-2-1 exhaust system is completely redesigned and tuned.

Behind the header pipes, the redesigned mid-chamber contains a second catalytic converter to help ensure emissions compliance, a low center-of-gravity, and good exhaust flow to help the engine deliver a strong low- to mid-range punch, with an exciting rush to redline.

A refined Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve manages flow from the mid-chamber into the muffler, while the sculpted muffler has a pleasing appearance that’s uncommon to under-chassis exhausts and creates an exciting, distinctive sound that won’t overpower the rider and passenger’s senses.

With the catalytic converters located in the mid-chamber, GSX-S1000GT riders can fit an EPA or CARB-compliant silencer from suppliers such as Yoshimura R & D, USA.

The digital ignition fires iridium-type spark plugs which increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.

The lower cowl and radiator-shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity, curved radiator.

A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps ensure lower coolant temperatures when riding in slow-moving traffic. The design also deflects hot air away from the rider at speed.

Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler (like those used on certain GSX-R models).

Transmission Features​

Like a GSX-R1000, the GSX-S1000GT’s race-proven, six-speed, close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.

The precise shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.

A new rotary sensor sends shifter movement data to the ECM, so the Bi-directional Quick Shift system precisely responds to the rider’s actions. This new design provides precise shifting feeling at the shift lever and, because of its location on the engine, reduces the chance of damage in a tip over.
The gearshift cam, shift shaft and clutch release cam were also revised to support the function of the new, bi-directional Quick Shift system.

The latest version of the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) clutch is fitted to the GSX-S1000GT. More than ever before, the SCAS clutch increases plate pressure under acceleration, yet acts as a slipper clutch to smooth the engine response during engine braking and corner entry.

This large-diameter, wet, multi-plate clutch uses a precise cable-activated release, providing the rider with a light pull that also has superb friction-point feel.

Chassis Features​

Suzuki’s proven, twin-spar aluminum frame helps to ensure nimble handling and great road holding ability. The main spars are positioned straight from the steering head to the swingarm pivot, which promotes higher rigidity and lighter weight.

The sturdy aluminum-alloy swingarm comes straight from the GSX-R1000 and is ruggedly braced, which helps ensure great road-holding ability, while enhancing its contemporary superbike looks.

Connected to the swingarm is a link-type rear suspension, with a single shock absorber that features seven-way adjustable spring preload with rebound-damping force adjustment.

The 43mm inverted KYB fork has adjustable compression and rebound damping, plus spring preload adjustment with a generous 120 mm (4.7 inches) of front wheel travel.

Like the fork and shock absorber fitted to the GSX-S1000 sports roadster, the suspension spring rates, and damping force setting are tuned specifically for the GSX-S1000GT.

Unique to GSX-S1000 models, the TRP six-spoke, lightweight, cast aluminum wheels look great and contribute to the bike’s nimble handling and sporty performance.

Similar to the tires fitted to the 2022 GSX-S1000 sports roadster, Dunlop’s new Roadsport 2 radial tires (120/70ZR17 at the front and a new, wider sized 190/50ZR17 at the rear) were custom-engineered to perform optimally on the GSX-S1000GT, providing great grip in dry or wet conditions, faster warm-up, and long tread life.

These wheels and new tires work in harmony with revised front- and rear-suspension settings to help realize the great grip, stability and nimble handling demanded for sporty performance, while also contributing to a comfortable ride.

Dual front brakes, with fully floating 310mm discs and Brembo Monobloc calipers, with four 32mm opposed pistons, provide strong and consistent stopping power when riding solo or two-up.

The front brakes are complemented by a 240mm rear disc brake, with a Nissin single-piston caliper to help ensure controlled stops.

Both the front and rear brakes can be modulated by a new, compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** controller to match stopping force to the available traction.

In contrast to the outgoing GSX-S1000F, the new GSX-S1000GT features a more upright riding position for even greater comfort and control.

This reasonable sport touring riding position is the result of a carefully crafted relationship between the handlebar, footrests, and seat.
This riding position helps the rider steer the motorcycle’s front end with less effort.

The new, matte black, tapered cast-aluminum handlebar contributes to the excellent riding ergonomics and performance-oriented style.

Securely clamped in a floating mount, the handlebar effectively damps vibration to the rider’s hands.
The new handlebar is 23 mm (0.90 in.) wider than the prior generation GSXS-S1000F and is rotated slightly upward to raise the grip height in relation to the rider.

The aluminum pegs of both the rider and passenger footrests are covered with vibration-absorbing rubber. This reduces the amount of vibration transmitted to the feet, which improves comfort, especially on long rides.

Both pairs of footrests are positioned lower reducing bend at the rider’s and passenger’s knees and ankles, further improving comfort.
The rear footrest location provides ample clearance for the passenger’s legs when the optional side cases are installed.

The rider and passenger seats have a new sporty design that maximizes comfort on long rides. Both have a new weather-resistant cover material that balances grip with freedom of movement.

The rider’s seat shape further expands freedom of movement, while the pillion design maximizes passenger comfort and integrates well with the new grab bar design that does not intrude into the seat area.

Stepped to provide a good view over the rider’s shoulder, the passenger seat is set 2.3 in. (60 mm) higher than the rider’s seat.

Rider seat height: 31.9 in. (810 cm); approximate passenger seat height 34.2 in. (870 cm)

The black finish on the shifter, rear brake, and both hand levers matches the performance nature of the motorcycle.

The front brake lever features a multi-step adjuster that permits quick adjustment of the lever’s distance from the grip.

**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.

Additional Features​

A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available, with nearly three dozen that fit the GSX-S1000GT.

The accessory offerings include a set of quick-release, 37L side cases that accept color matched lid panels, a taller Touring Windscreen, heated hand grips, billet clutch and brake levers, fuel tank and engine cover protectors, clip-on tank bags, plus a unique selection of GT logo apparel.

12-month, unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).*

*Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ Photos​

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ Videos​

The GSX-S1000GT is Suzuki’s Best Bike in Years | MCN review:

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT vs Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX | MCN:

Links​

SUZUKI Motorcycles Websites​

Social Media Links​

The post 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT / GSX-S1000GT+ [Specs, Features, Photos] appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I sold recently a 2018 gsx-s1000f. It was a great bike and I liked what it could do, but would I buy the new Gt version over the Ninja1000 competitor?

A major part of the reason I sold the bike is that even after riding many years, I couldn’t control my right hand. The bike was just too much fun to ride sedately. The gearing is low and it responds instantly to the slightest input. Not a bike to own if you fear losing your licence.

If you’re a rider who likes to ride fast on a bike that handles, then this is the bike for you. If you are more of a touring rider more concerned about gas mileage, then I’d get the Ninja 1000 which I think is better suited. I’ve owned 3 gsxr1000s and my gsx-s1000f was just a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I sat on a new Gt recently, and boy I wanted one. My heart would tell me to get the Gt, but my brain would tell me to get the Ninja 1000. If it came to having to choose, it would really depend on how I was feeling right in that moment.

Hopefully Suzuki makes it. Their showrooms are staler than month old bread and have been for 20 years. However I don't think the world has been waiting on this bike. It's 15 years behind the sport touring curve or should I say Adventure Touring curve.

I don’t disagree dduelin. The mere fact that Suzuki is removing itself from North America doesn’t fill me with confidence when it comes to getting parts down the road.

I will say that I had warranty work done a couple of times and they didn’t give me the run around. Once they replaced the forks on a gsxr1000. That was nice, but they also removed and returned to me the valve kits I’d put in the forks they were replacing.

Back