• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How To 2021 Year, DIY Electrical wiring

Wheels

Reaction score
Visit site
No Service Manual, New bike , Not an electrician.

Prior years accessory socket is now four pins, had no power , the fuse is not in the right place.

Remove both trunk access panels. You can remove the lower side panels (black/silver) as one piece
, do not remove the shiny allen head bolts. Two pins top back and then pull the entire panel off. It
uses five post and doughnut fittings. Remove the top black cover on the seat switch assembly.

Looking for a trigger/switch to turn on a 30 amp relay.
Found the trigger/switch , look behind the new rectangular rubber cover (for usb) . There are about
four stalks of wiring looms mostly covered in rubber. Find the bundle with black wiring ... that will
give you the 12vdc trigger/switch.

I mounted a fuse/terminal block , six circuits (it worked but a very tight fit with the wires, will switch
to a smaller four terminal unit this winter. I mounted the 30 amp relay and the fuse/terminal block
on the outer bent portion (tool pack) facing the outside of the bike. Mount the block and relay first
with the access panel laying in the trunk. Then run all your wires to the fuse/terminal/relay. My
future small panel will be easier to close up the front access panel.

Added GPS, heated grips, cigar lighter (prefer to usb, because its easier to replace when it fails) ,
see-me lighting. 5 amps fuse for each except the cigar lighter .. went with ten amps. Note: Use
10-12 gauge wiring from battery to fuse/terminal/relay for a 30 amp draw.

Issues: Easier if you replace the bolts in the empty cavity, a lot of them 'look' the same but are
different. Push pins don't matter, I replaced the two goofy screw push pins with regular push pins.
Had one leftover bolt, somewhere underneath ... lol

Oh, installed my emergency unlock for the trunk.

Thanks for your write-up on this work Wheels! Do you have photos? Pictures are worth many words to help others understand DIY projects

Back