• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 with Givi V37 panniers

OK. Below photos are your picture compared to a picture of E22's on SW-Motech side carriers mounted on a 2012 NC (not mine, but same setup as mine). The latest Givi hardware, in my opinion, seems excessively wide for my tastes. I don't understand why Givi does it that way. I guess it leaves room to mount tool boxes inside the racks, but even on my SW-Motech carriers, I have enough room that I have mounted tool tubes to the inside of the racks.View attachment 47092View attachment 47093
Nice comparison photos. For me, it would be worth the added cost for the SW-Motech mounts to have them closer to the bike. Plus they come with the quick release hardware which is an added cost for the Givi.

Nice comparison photos. For me, it would be worth the added cost for the SW-Motech mounts to have them closer to the bike. Plus they come with the quick release hardware which is an added cost for the Givi.
Yes, my SW-Motech side carriers are quickly removed with three quarter turn fasteners on each side. I install the carriers and side cases only for long trips, so usually the bike has a clean look without it's side case hardware.

Yes, my SW-Motech side carriers are quickly removed with three quarter turn fasteners on each side. I install the carriers and side cases only for long trips, so usually the bike has a clean look without it's side case hardware.
Does the SW-Motech mounts require a top rack or special adapters to install like the Givi? Also, do you know if the Givi top rack can be used with the SW-Motech side mounts? My apologies for all of the questions, I am just trying to determine my best options.

I have a top case from a previous bike and was thinking I might be able to get by with just that. Now that I have seen the SW-Motech mounts, I am thinking that could be my best option.

Does the SW-Motech mounts require a top rack or special adapters to install like the Givi? Also, do you know if the Givi top rack can be used with the SW-Motech side mounts? My apologies for all of the questions, I am just trying to determine my best options.

I have a top case from a previous bike and was thinking I might be able to get by with just that. Now that I have seen the SW-Motech mounts, I am thinking that could be my best option.
On my 2012, the SW-Motech top rack is called Alu-Rack. There are Alu-Rack adapters to fit many top cases, like Givi Monolock or Monokey, or just a flat tray to strap on a dry bag. Then I have the EVO side carriers. You can buy adapters to mount many brands and types of side cases. I understand that now SW-Motech sells something like a Street Rack instead of Alu-Rack. I don't know how the new system works, so you would need to research it if you're looking for 2021 NC accessories.

OK. Below photos are your picture compared to a picture of E22's on SW-Motech side carriers mounted on a 2012 NC (not mine, but same setup as mine). The latest Givi hardware, in my opinion, seems excessively wide for my tastes. I don't understand why Givi does it that way. I guess it leaves room to mount tool boxes inside the racks, but even on my SW-Motech carriers, I have enough room that I have mounted tool tubes to the inside of the racks.View attachment 47092View attachment 47093
Win some, lose some.
Granted the closer to the bike looks better and is better for lane filtering (not allowed in WA state).
However, clumsy as it may look to have panniers further out, there are a few cases to be made for the wider stance.

1-If you have a bed roll on the pillion position, any pannier is difficult to open, even front hinge ones. The E22N pannier has a hinge along the side of the top of the case which may solve problem #1, or may not. However the other Monokey panniers that also have a front hinge would still be obstructed.

2-A wider stance can help protect the bike in a gentle tipover.

I agree the narrower mount looks better, but my wife is really happy with her Givi rack. That wider stance helped prevent any scratch to the bike's tupperware when she accidentally tipped in our garage due to a slippery polished concrete floor.

Pluses and minuses

Last edited:
There is a chance Givi designed their pannier rack a little wider to accommodate really large panniers that need to clear the exhaust. Certainly the E22N has no such problem as we can see in the photos, but look at the photo courtesy of Kyleben of his Trekker Alaska panniers on the same rack as my "wide" rack.

Kyleben NC750X 3BC crop.jpg

There is a chance Givi designed their pannier rack a little wider to accommodate really large panniers that need to clear the exhaust. Certainly the E22N has no such problem as we can see in the photos, but look at the photo courtesy of Kyleben of his Trekker Alaska panniers on the same rack as my "wide" rack.

View attachment 47111
You’re probably right. Thanks for pointing that out.

My first thought seeing that photo: Those Trekker Alaskas mounted way out like that probably nearly double the aerodynamic drag on the motorcycle. Better pack some extra fuel.

So far my wife really likes the E22N on the few times she has ridden with them. Most of the time she rides her NC750X with just a top box. She likes to keep her purse in the frunk and possibly a quick change of sweater before going into a restaurant. She dedicates her top box for her helmet when we go in to a public place and want to look dressed for public view.
(She still is dealing with wearing a wig to cover her chemotherapy caused bald head, or now is thinking about sporting her sexy new 1 inch long hair in public. She is going without wigs mostly these days.)
We're moving from a high-tech NE suburb of the Seattle area in a few weeks to the Tacoma area in a downsizing change. Our new house near Tacoma we purchased for half the price of the one we sold. We don't want to be in a position of worrying about how to pay our old mortgage if her cancer comes back. Instead we plan to live mortgage free in Fife, WA.
We hope her recovery from Leukemia is permanent.
Attached is a view of her newly bleached short hair. Blonde hair.jpg

Last edited:
So far my wife really likes the E22N on the few times she has ridden with them. Most of the time she rides her NC750X with just a top box. She likes to keep her purse in the frunk and possibly a quick change of sweater before going into a restaurant. She dedicates her top box for her helmet when we go in to a public place and want to look dressed for public view.
(She still is dealing with wearing a wig to cover her chemotherapy caused bald head, or now is thinking about sporting her sexy new 1 inch long hair in public. She is going without wigs mostly these days.)
We're moving from a high-tech NE suburb of the Seattle area in a few weeks to the Tacoma area in a downsizing change. Our new house near Tacoma we purchased for half the price of the one we sold. We don't want to be in a position of worrying about how to pay our old mortgage if her cancer comes back. Instead we plan to live mortgage free in Fife, WA.
We hope her recovery from Leukemia is permanent.
Attached is a view of her newly bleached short hair. View attachment 47112
Sounds like a good plan with the move. Tell your wife there is no need to wear a wig. She has way more hair than I do.

I hope her recovery is permanent also.

Well after six months after I installed these I’m going to remove them. I just don’t like the clam shell opening. I had aluminum top loading panniers on my old bike and loved them. I bought the V37’s because they looked OEM on the 21 NC. The aluminum ones just look out of place on our bike in my opinion. I know we have some Washington and Oregon guys on here, so if you’re interested in these, let me know.

Well after six months after I installed these I’m going to remove them. I just don’t like the clam shell opening. I had aluminum top loading panniers on my old bike and loved them. I bought the V37’s because they looked OEM on the 21 NC. The aluminum ones just look out of place on our bike in my opinion. I know we have some Washington and Oregon guys on here, so if you’re interested in these, let me know.
I too was not a fan of the clam shell openings until I got a pair of liners. Just my 2 cents. A7AC4DBA-8A7E-4E7D-BADF-C5384CFFCD5B.png7BF58BDF-26A5-4D91-AC2C-DA9386D2B00B.jpeg

Back