• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TNHoosier, me too!

Just checked out the bike and no damage at all to any of the OEM bike, other than a small scrape on the back of the mirror. The R-Gaza bar and my aftermarket handguard took all of the damage. I even managed to grab the bar end mount and spacers off the road, just need to replace one small rubber spacer.

261817381_697301864576252_607618794499011551_n.jpg

pil·lion​

That's too funny, i had forgotten that when I had shortened her nik-name from "Pillion rider" to just "Pillion", so i won't let her know that in actuality I shortened her nik-name to an old hide/leather saddle haha!! She has been quite nice to me and a real trooper to have along!

Another aspect of that journey I noticed was the traffic fumes. I last commuted around 2012/13 and I don't recall being as aware of them. It is probably due to a long absence from such traffic, but the various smells also seem to have changed. Perhaps the lean burn engines smell differently or the additives that some commercial diesel vehicles now use, also contributed.
It's the combustion products of the increased ethanol in the petrol AFAIK.

I fitted cartridge emulators to the forks of my 2016 NC750S. These were made by the Thai company YSS (Model PD355). They call them PD valves (progressive damping). Didn't have a big issue with the front end but I figured why not.
There's a really great explanation of how they work here (courtesy of Racetech),

Very easy to fit but you do have to drill some extra holes in the damping rods inside the forks, so it's not reversible without new damping rods.

It’s been over 4 months since I’d last ridden but I’d just gotten my driver’s license reinstated so I was outta here.

And it was perfect riding conditions on another fine Indian summer day too, a cloudless sky with temps in the hi 60s to low 70s, a light breeze with over 100 mile visibility but with just enough haze to not qualify for a “severely clear” rating.

I decided to go on one of my favorite rides – about 3 hours and 100 miles all in, roughly half pavement with some twisties and the rest mostly well-maintained county gravel/dirt roads.

The ride took me about 15 miles north to Chino Valley, then east on gravel across the valley floor’s grassland and up into the Mingus Mountains then south thru the mountains to the old mining town of Jerome, which overlooks the Verde River valley and Sedona. The last 10 or 15 miles going into Jerome is on a right-of-way that used to be a railroad that hauled ore away from the mines around Jerome. From there, it’s pavement and curves back up and over the Mingus mountains on the way home.

The views are expansive
P1000200.JPG
The red rocks of Sedona are in the middle distance, the mountains on the horizon are the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff, about 60 miles away

P1000204.JPG
Overlooking the Verde River valley

P1000207.JPG
Ore train RoW w/ an interesting cut ahead

and it being a week-day, the traffic was minimal.

As to why my driver’s license had been suspended and reinstated – late last June, a couple of months shy of my 76th b'day, I blacked out while cooking dinner. I came to in the local hospital’s ER, where the doc told me that I’d had a syncope, or collapse, and the DMV would have to suspend my driver’s license until I’d 1) gone 90 days without another collapse and 2) gotten medical clearance to drive again. As of today, consider it Done!

FWIW, I’ve now gone several rounds with the Neurologists and Cardiologists but no cause for the collapse is apparent. If my google-fu is to be believed, that’s common in about 1/3 of these collapses. Whatever … maybe I’m just getting old but it’s just really nice to be back in the saddle. And I’m fortunate to live in an area where I can ride year round too.

It’s been over 4 months since I’d last ridden but I’d just gotten my driver’s license reinstated so I was outta here.

And it was perfect riding conditions on another fine Indian summer day too, a cloudless sky with temps in the hi 60s to low 70s, a light breeze with over 100 mile visibility but with just enough haze to not qualify for a “severely clear” rating.

I decided to go on one of my favorite rides – about 3 hours and 100 miles all in, roughly half pavement with some twisties and the rest mostly well-maintained county gravel/dirt roads.

The ride took me about 15 miles north to Chino Valley, then east on gravel across the valley floor’s grassland and up into the Mingus Mountains then south thru the mountains to the old mining town of Jerome, which overlooks the Verde River valley and Sedona. The last 10 or 15 miles going into Jerome is on a right-of-way that used to be a railroad that hauled ore away from the mines around Jerome. From there, it’s pavement and curves back up and over the Mingus mountains on the way home.

The views are expansive
View attachment 47398
The red rocks of Sedona are in the middle distance, the mountains on the horizon are the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff, about 60 miles away

View attachment 47399
Overlooking the Verde River valley

View attachment 47400
Ore train RoW w/ an interesting cut ahead

and it being a week-day, the traffic was minimal.

As to why my driver’s license had been suspended and reinstated – late last June, a couple of months shy of my 76th b'day, I blacked out while cooking dinner. I came to in the local hospital’s ER, where the doc told me that I’d had a syncope, or collapse, and the DMV would have to suspend my driver’s license until I’d 1) gone 90 days without another collapse and 2) gotten medical clearance to drive again. As of today, consider it Done!

FWIW, I’ve now gone several rounds with the Neurologists and Cardiologists but no cause for the collapse is apparent. If my google-fu is to be believed, that’s common in about 1/3 of these collapses. Whatever … maybe I’m just getting old but it’s just really nice to be back in the saddle. And I’m fortunate to live in an area where I can ride year round too.
Nice pics. Congrats on the lic reinstatement and the cleanish bill of health. Hope things go well for you going forward.

Not far from you age wise and went thru an angioplasty with asst tests earlier this year and a prostate issue which kept me "almost" grounded for most of March and April. I live where you can ride most days year round (I rode 350 days last year... I am at 255 so far this year), if you are willing to "brave it" and dress for it lol. I don't get those views though.

On the way to work today I noticed I lost one of my screws for my Madstad. Crafted a replacement out of a 5mm cap screw, some washers and plastic rings. Have some replacements on order from Madstad. Either I didn't have them tight enough or they have loosened over time. Still black Friday over there with 15% off if you are on the fence.
IMG_20211202_165009.jpg

Today was a good December riding day where I live, with temperatures in the mid to upper 50s F. I rode the NC on rural roads to two nearby state parks. I took nearly 2.5 hours to ride almost 90 miles, so I guess I averaged 40 mph. It was a good ride.

Yesterday was nice, too. The wife and I took the Goldwing out to get lunch, then we rode around on the 'Wing a few hours. These December rides are special because we don't always get the opportunities.

626C7C81-BC09-4CAB-9FB5-FE7015E3B999.jpeg

I have been stuck at work all these nice days this week....havent been riding into work due to morning temps in the 30s and country roads with little to no traffic has frost on them and hilly curves with frost....nope nope nope.... did start if up yesterday evening (dusk) and checked the air pressures, oil, turn signals, lights....the typical pre ride checks without the riding...

41 miles at 28 degrees F (-2C). I need to get some heated grips on this thing lol

edit: just ordered some Weston heated gloves on sale for $99.95 shipped

Last edited:
I was rooting around the interwebs thing and ran across a local high-expertise weather guesser who informed all that we were having the very last day of what had been a fine, extended Indian summer, that winter was nigh. So on with the gear and off on another favorite ride right outside of town - a 60 mile or so loop around Granite Mountain, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 gravel.

PC060648.JPG

No bad for a spur-of-the-moment ride!

I was rooting around the interwebs thing and ran across a local high-expertise weather guesser who informed all that we were having the very last day of what had been a fine, extended Indian summer, that winter was nigh. So on with the gear and off on another favorite ride right outside of town - a 60 mile or so loop around Granite Mountain, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 gravel.

View attachment 47467

No bad for a spur-of-the-moment ride!
Beautiful up there by Yarnell. A cold front is coming your way because it passed through us in SoCal and it our weather tends to hit you within a day or so.

another thou in the books

f75JZHTh.jpg

About to mount the new Pilot Road 4. Gotta heat that baby up before mounting since it's been on the cold concrete floor all night, should make it a little easier.

If things go right, the front tire should be here tomorrow, mount it tomorrow night, then hopefully make a trip to Deals Gap middle of the week.

20211219_132835.jpg

20211219_132943.jpg

About to mount the new Pilot Road 4. Gotta heat that baby up before mounting since it's been on the cold concrete floor all night, should make it a little easier.

If things go right, the front tire should be here tomorrow, mount it tomorrow night, then hopefully make a trip to Deals Gap middle of the week.

View attachment 47568

View attachment 47569
I’ve mounted three PR4s and they are the easiest motorcycle tire I’ve mounted. The sidewalls are very soft and flexible. It’s like mounting a radial car tire. Heating them may not even be necessary.

When I saw a No-Mar guy demo mount and dismount a tire all day long at a motorcycle show, guess what he chose? A PR4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back