• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-glued my heated grip, which was slipping over the throttle tube. I used superglue, but I have seen other posts that there is some grip glue stuff that people swear by. If this becomes a "once a year or so" MX item I think I'm okay with that, but if this coating lasts less than a year I'm going to try something else.

View attachment 46646

Where did ya get the little thermometer?

I've yet to install this Oxford clock/thermometer on my current NC700X but this is how I did it and will do it again when I get one of those 'round two-its'.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-43-57 Amazon com Oxford Products Limited - DigiClock (OX562) Autom...png

Re-glued my heated grip, which was slipping over the throttle tube. I used superglue, but I have seen other posts that there is some grip glue stuff that people swear by. If this becomes a "once a year or so" MX item I think I'm okay with that, but if this coating lasts less than a year I'm going to try something else.

View attachment 46646
I use women’s hair spray

Noticed the side stand is getting very loose in the pivot joint. Put it on the list to repair it indoors on a very hot or cold day.

Regarding something I did to my NC today, I added a GIVI EA116 tank bag, and replaced my other top box, a GIVI V47NN with a Kappa KGR 46 Garda top box.
I still use my smaller GIVI WL901 weightless top box most of the time.
The reason I went from the V47 to the Kappa KGR46 was about the shape and style.
I found the V47 was very wide and more suited to a sport tourer style of bike.
The Kappa, being much more square, suited my needs better.
I put the V47 up for sale locally.DSC00326.JPG

Kappa KGR 46

DSC00327.JPG

DSC00332.JPG

DSC00330.JPG

GIVI EA116

DSC00331.JPGDSC00335.JPG

DSC00336.JPG

GIVI WL901

Well it could have been better but I did have a nice ride.

Weather was about perfect. Low humidity, sunshine and temp ranged from upper 70's to low 80's (F).

Went east on Indiana Rt 8 for about 90 minutes out to the Grand Kankakee Marsh wildlife area. Then south. Figured I'd come back on Indiana Rt 10. Sadly when I got to Rt 10 there was big sign on the road saying LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY, road closed at the bridge . . . Fortunately one of the locals gave me a detour for the actual detour and I got around the detour! Rode for a relaxing 3+ hours, but sadly on my way home the new smokehouse had already closed for the day, having run out of food! I was looking forward to a smoked brisket sandwich but was greatly disappointed when I returned to the shop only to find it closed and my stomach empty.

The good news is that I made it back home in time to get my '67 Kaiser Jeepster Deluxe Convertible to the local antique car & hot rod show.

tempImageOnIHbr.jpg

Well it could have been better but I did have a nice ride.

Weather was about perfect. Low humidity, sunshine and temp ranged from upper 70's to low 80's (F).

Went east on Indiana Rt 8 for about 90 minutes out to the Grand Kankakee Marsh wildlife area. Then south. Figured I'd come back on Indiana Rt 10. Sadly when I got to Rt 10 there was big sign on the road saying LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY, road closed at the bridge . . . Fortunately one of the locals gave me a detour for the actual detour and I got around the detour! Rode for a relaxing 3+ hours, but sadly on my way home the new smokehouse had already closed for the day, having run out of food! I was looking forward to a smoked brisket sandwich but was greatly disappointed when I returned to the shop only to find it closed and my stomach empty.

The good news is that I made it back home in time to get my '67 Kaiser Jeepster Deluxe Convertible to the local antique car & hot rod show.

View attachment 46666
So you were in the North Judson area? Is Kerstings still open? I enjoyed looking at his collection and talking to Bill. He could/would tell you the entire history of every bike in his collection.

So you were in the North Judson area? Is Kerstings still open? I enjoyed looking at his collection and talking to Bill. He could/would tell you the entire history of every bike in his collection.
I did go past a museum, but didn't stop. I presume that is Kerstings? Honestly I didn't pay much attention. I saw the big sign, but was more intent on riding than on stopping. There was also an old train museum that I bypassed, very likely I will return and make a future visit to see their exhibits; it looked pretty cool.

By that point I was mostly just hungry and looking forward to getting back to Kouts for the brisket sandwich . . . which I never got.

I did go past a museum, but didn't stop. I presume that is Kerstings? Honestly I didn't pay much attention. I saw the big sign, but was more intent on riding than on stopping. There was also an old train museum that I bypassed, very likely I will return and make a future visit to see their exhibits; it looked pretty cool.

By that point I was mostly just hungry and looking forward to getting back to Kouts for the brisket sandwich . . . which I never got.
Probably is Kerstings. I moved out of IN over 8 years ago so I have not been there for a long time. Kerstings was always a good ride for an afternoon.

Was a cool morning commute today. A hair under 50 F. Had my full Fall gear on. Was a bit warm on the ride home. The next step will be the hand guards and Winter setup will be complete.

Okay, you guys are going to love this little DCT nugget.

I was in high gear and high rpm when the bike failed. It was a simple lighting electrical load that caused the bike to quit at highway speeds. I threw the accessory lights on. I was sailing past Six Flags over Texas... almost on the 5 story elevated highway. So lucky.

I had the battery tested. Poor condition. Got a new one. Installed it. Checked my accessories. All works. Turn the key on. A six is in the gear indicator. The bike is clicking. Maybe 10 times before it stops clicking. No N for neutral. I pull in the brake, turn the key and rock the bike. The number changes to 5. The clicking stops. I roll the bike backwards... Turn the key on.... click... click... I roll the bike forwards. Each click is a down gear action on the bike.... trying to correct itself. 4....3....2....1... N on the indicator. Now the bike is in neutral. I shut the bike off... then turn it on again. Hit the starter.... and WOW..... kazowie! All works. If the bike is standing in place, it won't recover.

When your battery goes bad from high outside heat at high speeds.... (the day and night Texas heat)... It can fail and shut the bike off... at high speed. Wow. How about that! Stuck in 6th gear. And you cannot start it. And it may happen when you turn on an accessory. While Riding. You will need to make sure the kick stand is up to take this action.

You will need to get a new battery.... make sure it is charged.... turn the bike on... and roll it forwards with the hand brake lever...helping the bike to downshift.... back to N. When that happens... restart the bike. Wow. A honda trained service tech kinda gave me a clue. He said the gear indicator is probably right... and the bike is still in 6th gear... and stuck there.

Turn the key, and the bike tries to recover... but it needs a good charge to do it, and you need to know what to do. Otherwise it is very confusing.

Now that the whole country has experienced the Texas heat, I hope this helps a lot of people. "Check your Bat-tree", they say in Philadelphia. "Eetz alwaaayz the Bat-tree".
Rocking a DCT stuck in a high gear is common tactic to get it to return to neutral. This is the same thing one may need to do with a manual transmission. Sadly, some new owners are not aware, and I know of at least one that had a bike towed because it was stuck in a higher gear. My 2012 owner’s manual briefly mentions rocking the DCT bike if it will not start, but the manual gives very few details about the process. Shame on Honda for not elaborating on this important information, and shame on owners who didn’t read the manual.

I installed the oem usb connector, along with driving lights and heated grips.
what plug does this use? it's not usb.
I also rerouted the battery tender plug outside the frunk to a spot on the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
I installed the oem usb connector, along with driving lights and heated grips.
what plug does this use? it's not usb.
I also rerouted the battery tender plug outside the frunk to a spot on the frame.
I don’t have one (yet), but my guess is that it actually is a USB. It’s called USB-C.

Took her on a nice ride here (pic) after work. Stillwater MN on the St. Croix river. My wife's out of town and there's no reason to go straight home!

Attachments

• 20210917_175949[1].jpg
    20210917_175949[1].jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 7
Yep. The USB-A and B was so annoying because they both had an up and a down. Young people hated flipping the plug around after jamming it in…. And old people struggled with the B.

So now we have the C. Which is so small that you can get it 90 degrees wrong.

… and my latest major screw up. Click below. This was the ride that killed my battery at high speed.

Why does Texas have to make all their interchanges 100 ft up in the air??? What do they think is going under them? What a waste of concrete and gas going over them every day. And they're scary as (*&(^ to drive on. No one else builds skyscraper freeway exits.

Why does Texas have to make all their interchanges 100 ft up in the air??? What do they think is going under them? What a waste of concrete and gas going over them every day. And they're scary as (*&(^ to drive on. No one else builds skyscraper freeway exits.
So people have places to park their cars during floods..........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back