• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabbit,
Great. Don't be shy.
Lets see some pictures of your setup. Many of the members on this forum never seem to post pictures of what they have done to their bikes.
Don't be one of those guys. look forward to seeing what you did to your bike. It gives us all an idea how and what to do to our bikes.

Scott
Fork mounted DRL. Moved to the upper fender bolts so I can keep the reflectors and stay legal. I set at 100% all the time and was able to wire up through the accessory harness. I got mine in amber though. Really enjoying them but the installation was a bear for me. I don’t normally do these sorts of things myself. I guess I don’t normally think of pictures. Thanks for the reminder!

Attachments

• 1762C689-28BC-43DD-B2C7-0E549E7F7F1D.jpeg
    1762C689-28BC-43DD-B2C7-0E549E7F7F1D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 958F6DD9-49FD-4778-A8F8-F7F8EEF204F2.jpeg
    958F6DD9-49FD-4778-A8F8-F7F8EEF204F2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • B58D6F86-C1C8-4CDC-8E56-BD176D3028FF.jpeg
    B58D6F86-C1C8-4CDC-8E56-BD176D3028FF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Melensdad & Rabbit,
Nice work guys, Those lights will defiantly up your visibility. how did you route the left side wiring? Over the fender and up the brake line?

Melensdad & Rabbit,
Nice work guys, Those lights will defiantly up your visibility. how did you route the left side wiring? Over the fender and up the brake line?
Mine being in the up position compared to melensdad was almost Over the fender anyway. I actually just zip tied the two together just above the radiator and then routed along the left frame zip tying as I went. The right side did secure itself to the brake line at one spot.

Which gel pad did you get? I was ready to order an airhawk to tide me over until Sargent/Corbin is verified to fit a 2021.

Will try it out this weekend and let you know how it goes. I may need to get over being cheap and just replace the seat like so many others have done.

I'll believe it when I see it :cool:
Not forgetting it this time LOL gonna have it and everything else I need to bring sitting out and ready to loaod up tomorrow evening. I'm going by myself this time, so I don't have to worry about loading all my crap in my buddy's enclosed trailer and end up forgetting it.

7 hour ride done.

Bacon strip tire repair holding in the dirt and on rocks. When tested, bacon strip type repairs take the most pressure and outright force. See Ryan F9 video on this.

97 degrees F. Drank every 30 minutes. Black tar highway. Still dehydrated. It was not the traffic that was a problem. It was the heat.

I was able to cool faster allowing the air to cool the blood flowing down my legs. Ride standing up. Clamshell modular helmet open. But there is a point where the air pulls the water out of your body. You sweat off minerals. The brain works in odd ways.

I know most of you out there in the lower 48 are feeling the Texas heat. Ride standing up, hydrate. And when it hits 97F, just find a bar and order a root beer. It is not worth passing out at highway speeds.

If you had the effects of Ida, I hope everyone is okay. In Pennsylvania, rivers were 19 feet above normal. Don't ride in these storms. Waters can rise in 30 minutes to make roads impassible.

--Rider of the storm
You do seem to have a fixation with riding standing up. Where does that come from?
I spent 20 years standing on the pegs. Now I just want to sit down.

Attachments

• 12-16-2009 5;00;16 PM.jpg
    12-16-2009 5;00;16 PM.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 12-17-2009 2;47;37 PM.jpg
    12-17-2009 2;47;37 PM.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 12-19-2009 2;36;25 PM.jpg
    12-19-2009 2;36;25 PM.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Cycle new cover.JPG
    Cycle new cover.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 8
Rear tires 9-4-2021.jpg
Replaced the PR4 with a Road 5 today. Got 33k km out of the 4. Was a good way into the wear marks and the center groove was pretty much gone. Used
the Harbor Freight tire machine. Used it to easily break the bead and push the new tire on. New idea and worked great. Used Ru Glyde as lube. Wasn't shy with it and much improved. Spent more time finding the tools than breaking the bead and install new rubber. New compressor and more lube popped bead perfectly. Used Tusk balancer. Tire was pretty good. Had to remove the Honda weight to lighten the weight.

All bearings in rear wheel were good. Repacked seals with more grease to keep out Winter moisture. Did a deep massage of chain looking for stiff links. Noted about 4 but they don't seem to be affecting the chain slack. I expect as they wear will need to adjust the chain more.

Considering selling the wife's NC700x and buying a CanAm Spyder.

Found a couple mildly used Spyders for sale local to me.

Bigbird,

i know you do not like me because I am insufferable know it all.

But in america, we have NHTSA. And I read their database.

The joke at the dealership was, we will reserve you a space for your spyder. If you need a repair in June, we will have your Can Am ready in August.

…and they were right.
What does that have to do with your inference that our ambient temperatures are not sufficiently high to properly design an appropriate cooling system for older Spyders?
BRP screwed up, but not because Canadian temperatures aren't hot enough.

Whew, what a day! Well....3rd session in Advanced group I got sandwiched between 2 guys in a curve and almost traded paint. Guy on the outside was making a clean pass, albeit very close...but there are no passing rules in A group, just supposed to "play nice". At the same time guy was passing on the outside, a dude shot in on the inside of me, with complete disregard to where I was going. Total A-hole move, he almost made me run into the guy passing me on the outside. One of the instructors saw it and later asked me if that guy hit me, it was so close he couldn't tell. I don't think we touched but it was dang close! Too close for a track day. Too many morons in A group riding like they're in a MotoAmerica race...which is dumb...so I immediately exited the track, got them to bump me back down to Intermediate group, rode one session in that group and left. Advanced is supposed to be the safest group because everyone knows what they are doing, but there are some overachievers in that group as well, riding like asshats. And I know my slow bike complicates things because they are coming up behind me going into turns on much faster bikes, setting up to pass me, but don't expect me to brake so late and carry as much corner speed through the turn, then they end up nearly running over me. Happened 2 or 3 other times too, but nowhere as bad as that last time. I think I got it on film, I'll see what the footage looks like. Maybe you can see it good.

Wasn't feeling it all day today either, 4th track day on rear tire and I was losing confidence in it, but surprisingly it still stuck pretty good. Probably more the profile that it has worn into than actually losing grip...just didn't feel right. Still had fun, but wish I'd have saved that money and went another day. Lol.

20210905_101015.jpg

Yesterday i merely rode it from one side of the yard to the other lol and worked on my little popup tent trailer getting it ready to sell. Today i rode solo to church and afterwards to lunch and back home. Beautiful cool mornings are here in the PNW! :{)

Footage! Skip to about the 6:00 mark, the bad pass happens at 6:30. Glad the guy passing on the outside was farther forward or I would have ran into him trying to dodge the moron coming up on the inside.

Yikes...glad you're okay. Looks like you need something with some more speed or a shorter/tighter track to play with these guys. Do you think he was just coming in too hot with no place to go or just being a d bag? I know it's the passers job to make the pass clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back