• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming your front turn signals are not LEDs. did you check the bulb (the prime suspect)? I had an early life running light filament failure on my CRF dual sport. Had to replace the bulb.
I looked at it but not closely. I figured that since the turn signal part still worked that the bulb was good.

It worked before I pulled the panel off to replace my air filter, so I figured I must have done something to cause it to stop working.

Any suggestions for LED replacements if it is indeed a bad bulb?

I looked at it but not closely. I figured that since the turn signal part still worked that the bulb was good.

It worked before I pulled the panel off to replace my air filter, so I figured I must have done something to cause it to stop working.

Swap bulbs with the other side to eliminate either the bulb or the connection.

You’ll know how to proceed depending on the results.

I use ”switchback“ LEDs. The running lights are bright white, while the turn signals are amber. It does require changing the lenses to clear, and installing an LED compatible flasher.

The story is here: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/switchback-led-front-turn-signals.12358/

Another day above freezing in WI (up to 39° F today), another ride. Today's mission was to get a new battery for my wife's car. (She took my car to work since hers was dead). This time with photos. The car battery *just* fits in the frunk!

View attachment 43974View attachment 43975
Sweet! I had to hit some more “nature trails” after errands at the grocery store...
I find an excuse to get/go somewhere every day

Attachments

• DD26AA01-D3B5-4B47-98B2-216B7D3D4EAB.jpeg
    DD26AA01-D3B5-4B47-98B2-216B7D3D4EAB.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 03D659E9-AA4A-40AD-B48A-D8BB691D288A.jpeg
    03D659E9-AA4A-40AD-B48A-D8BB691D288A.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 511B3FF6-F868-45E0-BE05-FD794BC5D797.jpeg
    511B3FF6-F868-45E0-BE05-FD794BC5D797.jpeg
    728 KB · Views: 24
If it has been cold, the battery may actually be in better shape because you did not start the bike. If there is no parasitic drain, self discharge is minimal in cold weather.
Well, after not starting it for about a month and a half it would not start which is why I got the charger. The battery was in good shape but not enough to start the bike. Battery Tender Jr. worked and much quicker that I thought and bike started easily today.

Had a problem today. I'm struggling to get these fender bolts off and I need to remove the forks to do the job properly, but am waiting on the new bolts I ordered to be delivered. Sadly due to covid our post is very delayed and they wont be here for another week or so. I decided I'd pop the OEM springs out and adjust the oil level to 140mm and fit the new worth progressive springs and worry about changing the fork oil in the spring.

So today I pulled the OEM springs out and increased the oil level to 140mm. I noted the oil was clean, so it has been changed at some point, but that's where the good news ended! The new Wirth fork springs went in but didn't drop in easily like the OEM ones at all. I had to sort of push them down quite firmly as the entered the top of the fork tube? This didn't seem right to me, so I tried the other side with the other spring but it was exactly the same. The oem fork springs just sort of drop in, as have every other set of springs i've removed and refitted/changed, but these are really dragging and binding in the forks and don't really want to go down at all? Hmmm..

Pulled them back out and mic'd them and they are 35.67 at the widest part (bottom of the coil). That isn't right is it? 35mm should be the widest right? I've photographed the markings on the springs and the packaging and contacted the supplier and will see what they say? Spring should move freely in the fork tubes right?

Fired up the diesel tractor and pushed a few tons of snow off the driveway, but didn't take the bike out.

I was looking at my fuel-tracking app and last year I only rode about 2500 miles. :eek:

I've already done about a fifth of that this month alone. Gotta make up for lost time!

Brought the registration/title application to my insurance agent, with a check for fees and sales tax. The reason I looked at the NC in the first place was so the incredible savings in gas could somewhat offset the extra insurance and maintenance fees.

If you didn't say "diesel" tractor I would have thought you were talking about the NC ;)

Damn global warming alarmists are saying we may get another 9" to 11" of 'heart attack' (heavy wet) snow tonight

4873D7A5-0FC8-4334-BBDA-DC06158444E0.jpg

Damn global warming alarmists are saying we may get another 9" to 11" of 'heart attack' (heavy wet) snow tonight
That probably makes sense. When temperatures are warmer, snow tends to be heavier and more of it falls during a snow event. But then again a single snow storm event is weather, not climate.

That probably makes sense. When temperatures are warmer, snow tends to be heavier and more of it falls during a snow event. But then again a single snow storm event is weather, not climate.
This precipitation is coming from the south, its a warm moist front hitting arctic air. It will give us wet snow, which actually falls in lower quantities than light/cold snow. When we get snow from the north we get light snow.

This will be an 8 to 1 event, 8" of snow equals 1" of rain
Dry snow/colder snow typically falls in a 10-to-12" to 1" ratio

Same precipitation amount but differing volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back