• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practiced steady throttle control and carrying momentum through the turn.

Bike's readout currently at 81mpg over some 110 miles. Excited to see if I can beat my current best of 84.61mpg on a full tank according to Fuelio.

Well, the Michelin Power Cup Evos are my new favorite track tire. The rear felt awesome, will put the front on as soon as Pirelli that's on there now is worn out.

Overall great day at Barber Monday. Got a few videos I will post too.

View attachment 44371

View attachment 44372

View attachment 44373

View attachment 44374

View attachment 44375

View attachment 44376
Those are great pictures. Trying to wrap my mind around that left peg position at speed. Amazing really.

Those are great pictures. Trying to wrap my mind around that left peg position at speed. Amazing really.
It's not as bad as you'd think, took some getting used to but feels pretty normal now. Worst part about it is that since my left leg/foot (or lack thereof LOL) isn't up under me supporting my weight, I end up supporting my weight with my arms and upper body more, and it's super draining. Left hand turns are much more labor intensive than right hand turns. And because my left foot is out in front of me, when I do a right hand turn, I can't hang off the bike as much as I need to, because if my left leg was up under me like it's supposed to be, it would act as an accordion, extend upward, and allow me to offset my body further to corner lower...but sometimes I catch myself hanging off as far as I can and my left foot will actually fall off the peg and be flailing in the air LOL.

And in case you aren't aware, I am a left leg below knee amputee from a bike crash back in 2010, and that knee won't bend past 90 degrees due to damage and scar tissue. It won't bend far enough to utilize the oem footpeg on that side.

Fiddled with my LCD display options for a half hour.
I finally figured how to get the tach to the DCT colour mode.
The owner's manual is really shabby in terms of explanation of how to get to the user settings.
The manual for N. American bikes should have been written by someone with a command of the English language rather than likely a translation.
The manual is filled with grammatical mistakes and is really non-intuitive.
I am a trades instructor, and I know what a good technical document should look like.

I chose the DCT mode to allow me to just glance at the tach colour to tell me if I was in N, D, or S1
The D and S visuals on the display are just too small to see without focusing on the display rather than the road.
I believe this was addressed in the '21 NC update.

Sunday ride at 2 mountains!Here i am at 1502m

2.JPG

Here is the dirt road to the top

4.JPG

Very nice waterfall on the way

7.JPG

The continuation of the excursion was adventurous.I tried to go on an abandoned dirt road. At some point the downhills started and there was snow on the road.I decided to continue at risk if the road has fallen later to find it very difficult to turn from the same road.

Ελευθεριανή-πόδος 1.JPG

Unfortunately I made the wrong choice and finally just before the end of the route a tree had fallen across the road

8.JPG

Gardening and earthmoving work by Billy84000.Reasonable prices, visit to your place!
:jack

After an hour and a half of hard work with sawing the branches, carrying all the stones to the other side of the road, digging with the foot of a grove to go down even lower to the ground and also cutting the tree in front of the trunk, finally I managed to pass the motorbike from below. I did not have a saw with me but I did work with a small multi-tool knife that has a very small saw on it.

9.JPG

Another difficult road.I stop due to uphill snow

13.JPG

Ride safe!

I bought a 2016 NC700X DCT yesterday. It has 3000 miles. Came with Honda saddle bags, givi tank bag, givi crash bars, barkbusters (not installed), Givi E22 bags (he bought them, dealer wouldn't install them, so he bought the Honda bags. Gave me both. Probably going on girlfriends CB500F if I can find a way to mount them), highway pegs that don't fit the Givi bars, Puig screen, Sargent front seat, and a crampbuster.

Used bike market is crazy in Dallas. A dealership has a NC750 DCT listed at $9200. I drove down to San Antonio to buy this one at $5500. Which may be a little high but I sold my Tiger for more than I should have too.

I plan on changing the seat as the Sargent wasn't comfy for the 5 hour ride home, adding a center stand, changing the puig screen for a madstad or other, USB plug, INNOVV camera system (removed from my Tiger), and maybe heated grips since I commute all year rain or shine.

Attachments

• nc7.jpg
    nc7.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
I bought a 2016 NC700X DCT yesterday. It has 3000 miles. Came with Honda saddle bags, givi tank bag, givi crash bars, barkbusters (not installed), Givi E22 bags (he bought them, dealer wouldn't install them, so he bought the Honda bags. Gave me both. Probably going on girlfriends CB500F if I can find a way to mount them), highway pegs that don't fit the Givi bars, Puig screen, Sargent front seat, and a crampbuster.

Used bike market is crazy in Dallas. A dealership has a NC750 DCT listed at $9200. I drove down to San Antonio to buy this one at $5500. Which may be a little high but I sold my Tiger for more than I should have too.

I plan on changing the seat as the Sargent wasn't comfy for the 5 hour ride home, adding a center stand, changing the puig screen for a madstad or other, USB plug, INNOVV camera system (removed from my Tiger), and maybe heated grips since I commute all year rain or shine.
Farkling is almost as fun as riding! Enjoy!

Got out for a couple hours today in beautiful sunshine. Toured the Kawartha Lakes. Stuck mostly to the back roads as cottagers were up here on the roads and they often do not have any respect for motorcycles or each other for that matter. Mitchel lake, lake Darymaple and Head lake. There were several more lakes but had to keep moving to get home for Easter dinner.

Attachments

• BE2D03CF-6349-42BB-80DF-AD9226385AD3.jpeg
    BE2D03CF-6349-42BB-80DF-AD9226385AD3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 7A4BC1EB-68ED-4B58-AD5C-C51A4B80E777.jpeg
    7A4BC1EB-68ED-4B58-AD5C-C51A4B80E777.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • D86C4E74-60DE-45E9-9784-2546E585F0FB.jpeg
    D86C4E74-60DE-45E9-9784-2546E585F0FB.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
After I got off work yesterday and then mowed 2 acres of grass, I took the NC700x for a little spin...first time in months I really rode it...I have a local 20 mile loop on Indiana county roads which has approx 200 curves...no switch backs but multiple, tight cornering 90' curves...the first 10 miles had no one in front of me so I was able to wring it a little, the second 10, I had a pickup truck in front of me but he didnt slow me down....It was fun getting the bike out...had to watch it in the curves though as sand, black asphalt cinders are still on the road in places (local counties dont salt our roads, they use sand and free asphalt cinders)...

Did my first oil change today.
Owner's manual says first oil and filters change at 1000 km, I had 948 km.
I was pleasantly surprised that both the drain bolt and engine oil filter were not on excessively tight from the factory.
I started the change with the bike on its centre stand for more clearance.
After as much oil as possible was drained on the centre stand, I put the bike on its side stand.
A considerable amount of additional oil then drained out.
I thought my Goldwing oil change was easy, but the NC was even easier yet.
I'll chalk it up to the great ground clearance and accessibility of the drain plug and filters.
Of course I re-used the DCT filter cover O-ring and the drain bolt crush washer.
No need to change them out for new each time as the manual suggests.

Took my First Commute today... and it was a less than religious expeience. I fought a monster headwind the entire 45 miles to work. Got to see the odometer break 100 miles. Gas mileage shuffled around 80 mpg, but on the highway it was low 50s. Oh, that headwind! I was happy to see 70 mph only running 3600 rpms in 6th. Happy to be on two wheels, even if it was a chore.

My wife and I rode today. 40 miles to our lunch destination. Took the long way home.

Took my First Commute today... and it was a less than religious expeience. I fought a monster headwind the entire 45 miles to work. Got to see the odometer break 100 miles. Gas mileage shuffled around 80 mpg, but on the highway it was low 50s. Oh, that headwind! I was happy to see 70 mph only running 3600 rpms in 6th. Happy to be on two wheels, even if it was a chore.
If riding in a wind isn't a religious experience.... it isn't that windy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back