• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 sidestand enlarger

Thanks for the post. I just ordered a black one. This will be the first time ordering something from that website, so hope everything goes smoothly.

It finally arrived but I won’t be installing it. The machined bottom portion that the side stand foot goes into was milled too big. There is tons of side to side and up and down play. Oh well, at least I’m only out $8.94.

Looks like the one I ordered that didnt fit--on a 2015 order the "universal" one size fits most---I have used on the Honda and on my previous Strom

It finally arrived but I won’t be installing it. The machined bottom portion that the side stand foot goes into was milled too big. There is tons of side to side and up and down play. Oh well, at least I’m only out $8.94.
There were some dense thin rubber strips included with mine that you put on top of the stand’s foot (under the enlarger top plate) to take up the small amount of play (“tons”?). This was probably done to allow for some mfg variation in foot dimensions (so that the enlarger wouldn‘t rattle.) In actual use, even wIthout the strips, I can’t see that the small amount of play would cause any instability of the parked bike. But even if you still weren’t comfortable, you could go a step further and add some JB Weld before tightening up the screws.

Received mine yesterday and mounted it without difficulty. Came with a small rectangle of double sided sticky back foam which you mount on the lower plate before installing the upper plate (no instructions but it's obvious). Makes for a solid mounting. Another plus is I've always felt that my 2021 bike leaned too far over on the side stand so this farkle raises it up a bit. It's available in several colors and since my bike is red I got a red one. I'm a slave to vanity.

Cheers!

Well I removed the GIVI enlarger. The bike didn’t feel secure while it was on the side stand. You could easily rock the bike back and forth. There was a gap between the enlarger and the ground and only the rear of the enlarger touched the ground as you can see in the picture.
Hi I had the same problem with part no ES1192 on my 2021 750x. When you sit on the bike the side stand is very close to the ground and when you fit the Givi extender it adds too much height to the side stand which pushes the bike to the right when you sit on it. Is that what you meant when said it was unstable ? I also removed mine and it felt better without it.

Back