• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 service manual not available?

Snave1000

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, anyone from uk can shed light on how to get a service manual for a 2021 on model? I’ve tried buying from Honda and it’s not available to buy in digital or paper. I have done a search for it online also but only can source a 2017 one. Being a simple bike to keep and service I find it frustrating Honda don’t sell one. I know theres probably very little difference bet early and later models but how would we know. I want to change a leaking fork oil seal also but later is different to earlier ones.

The link to one is now on the other thread on this topic. I just ordered mine. Crazy to spend that. I've had many other bikes and have never had to pay anything for the basic service manual.

The link to one is now on the other thread on this topic. I just ordered mine. Crazy to spend that. I've had many other bikes and have never had to pay anything for the basic service manual.
Well, I see in the automotive world it is sometimes not even possible to buy a service manual. I hear you might pay a subscription fee for temporary online viewing of the manual. I’m glad I own a paper copy of the NC service manual.

Hi all, anyone from uk can shed light on how to get a service manual for a 2021 on model? I’ve tried buying from Honda and it’s not available to buy in digital or paper. I have done a search for it online also but only can source a 2017 one. Being a simple bike to keep and service I find it frustrating Honda don’t sell one. I know theres probably very little difference bet early and later models but how would we know. I want to change a leaking fork oil seal also but later is different to earlier ones.

We have the ‘21 service manual available in paper copy in the States but I don’t know if the shipping cost to Wales would make it worthwhile.

I've owned a lot of motorcycles and none of them had a free factory service manual. If I am going to keep one any length of time I buy the factory or high quality aftermarket manual that is available. That isn't possible with new BMWs however as they have decided not to provide access to a factory service manual.

I've owned a lot of motorcycles and none of them had a free factory service manual. If I am going to keep one any length of time I buy the factory or high quality aftermarket manual that is available. That isn't possible with new BMWs however as they have decided not to provide access to a factory service manual.
Likewise. For all boats and motorcycles I have bought for which I got an OEM service manual (since 1982 anyway), the factory service manual was made available at a cost. None were offered free.

Likewise. For all boats and motorcycles I have bought for which I got an OEM service manual (since 1982 anyway), the factory service manual was made available at a cost. None were offered free.
Of course the service manuals are not provided for free! I made a bad assumption it would be understood that they are widely available for free download for every other machine. Someone somewhere in the world scans them and makes them available. I'm not going to get into the whole copyright and capitalism aspect of this, I'm just saying I've never had to pay for one. Before now, that is!

Of course the service manuals are not provided for free! I made a bad assumption it would be understood that they are widely available for free download for every other machine. Someone somewhere in the world scans them and makes them available. I'm not going to get into the whole copyright and capitalism aspect of this, I'm just saying I've never had to pay for one. Before now, that is!
Not getting into the practice of ripping off the copyright holders? You did just that by posting.

Not getting into the practice of ripping off the copyright holders? You did just that by posting.
Not to engage in online pettiness but how does our mere discussion of accessing service manuals free or otherwise rip off copyright holders? No one here has posted the manual on this forum or thread. Let's not exaggerate. And for what it is worth, if one seeks to rail against the internet of free things, please do so. They would have a whole lifetime of earnest and rewarding complaining in front of them.

Not to engage in online pettiness but how does our mere discussion of accessing service manuals free or otherwise rip off copyright holders? No one here has posted the manual on this forum or thread. Let's not exaggerate. And for what it is worth, if one seeks to rail against the internet of free things, please do so. They would have a whole lifetime of earnest and rewarding complaining in front of them.
Sorry I wasn’t clear. By posting that you never pay the copyright holders for the content of their works it was you that brought the subject of copyright violation into the discussion. Not the manual itself.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. By posting that you never pay the copyright holders for the content of their works it was you that brought the subject of copyright violation into the discussion. Not the manual itself.
Oh, OK. Yes, I am guilty of having had many semi-popular bikes that have huge online forums where there are both free repair manuals and like here, lots of folks with strong technical knowledge that supplements what is not spelled out in the manuals. My $80 Helm repair manual is on the way from the UK, which is half the world away and is I suppose doing something more to insubstantially contribute to my climate impact than if I downloaded it from a forum, so the more completely we review our choices the more multi-faceted they appear! In any case, I am happy to support Helm.

We're in 2023, but the bosses at Helm Inc don't notice. I usually liked to buy printed technical books. But in over 15 years I have only bought 3 printed books. And all are Honda motorcycles service manuals from Helm Inc.
For almost 20 years I have contributed in some way to the enrichment of Mr. Bezos, Google and others, since digital forms of publishing became available. And I am a bit surprised by the business practice of American Honda. Why rely on a poor publishing and distribution company that can't provide the technical publication you're looking for?
Amazon and Google sell a lot of books in digital form, which are then easy to distribute for free on the web, and somehow they are not afraid of losses due to illegal free distribution. Most of the technical know-how is distributed in printed and digital form, of your choice. Laptop and tablet are quite common today and are great for using digital books in the garage or even on the go.
For my last two vehicles, service manuals were readily available online, for free.

May be a big reason why manufacturers are no longer selling Service Manuals
Yep. Rampant copying and free or for-profit illegal distribution may be why manufacturer’s service intellect is and/or will be made available by subscription behind paywalls. I don’t have a paper or digital Honda OEM service manual for my Honda Ridgeline (because as far as I know, it is not available) but when I need the information I will open an account. Perhaps the Honda motorcycle OEM publications will soon go this route.

Oh, OK. Yes, I am guilty of having had many semi-popular bikes that have huge online forums where there are both free repair manuals and like here, lots of folks with strong technical knowledge that supplements what is not spelled out in the manuals. My $80 Helm repair manual is on the way from the UK, which is half the world away and is I suppose doing something more to insubstantially contribute to my climate impact than if I downloaded it from a forum, so the more completely we review our choices the more multi-faceted they appear! In any case, I am happy to support Helm.
I gave the impression that I am without transgression in copyright matters but I awoke this morning recalling the embarrassing details of all of them. I fall short of perfection every day in every way. Please forgive me in the way I handled my responses to you this exchange.

Unless you know something has changed Helm Inc is located in the USA and prints in the USA. The copyrights are held in Japan by Honda Motor Company but I believe the manuals are printed in Michigan.

Now I have to get back on and gripe that I've yet to receive my Helm repair manual after having to pay them $25 for shipping and ordered it back on 2/16. Their website still shows it as being in their shipping department. Nothing has happened. They haven't provided any tracking information like a UPS number or such. Paying $25 for shipping and then having them sit on it and do nothing for over a week is outrageous. I've sent them an email today asking what the heck? By contrast, I ordered a Cello practice book from Amazon last night at around 7pm. Paid 0$ for shipping. It was on my front porch this morning. THIS MORNING. Not 12 hours later.

Helm may have a monopoly on these darn things but what a poor job of management.

Now I have to get back on and gripe that I've yet to receive my Helm repair manual after having to pay them $25 for shipping and ordered it back on 2/16. Their website still shows it as being in their shipping department. Nothing has happened. They haven't provided any tracking information like a UPS number or such. Paying $25 for shipping and then having them sit on it and do nothing for over a week is outrageous. I've sent them an email today asking what the heck? By contrast, I ordered a Cello practice book from Amazon last night at around 7pm. Paid 0$ for shipping. It was on my front porch this morning. THIS MORNING. Not 12 hours later.

Helm may have a monopoly on these darn things but what a poor job of management.
I too am waiting on my manual, I ordered mine 2/9/23. They sent me a confirmation email when ordered, then nothing since.

I finally heard back from a beleagured sounding employee named Crystal, who apologized profusely saying she has been telling management they need to step up their web game and inform people how things work there. She explained that the manual is only printed when you make an order, and that for some reason it takes them 3-4 weeks to do the printing, and then they ship it. I emphasized how out of step with modern internet ordering this is, and at the very least their website that indicates the manual is available should explain that they are printed upon order and take 3-4 weeks to produce. Charging $25 for shipping on top of this absurdity is just outrageous. Only through monopoly are they able to persist with such incompetent business practices.

...the manual is only printed when you make an order, and that for some reason it takes them 3-4 weeks to do the printing,...
Realistically, setting the printing press to print a few books must cost a lot. A few thousand dollars? Isn't it better to allow paid download (PDF) or online view - HTML format?

Realistically, setting the printing press to print a few books must cost a lot. A few thousand dollars? Isn't it better to allow paid download (PDF) or online view - HTML format?
One of only many better ideas than what they currently provide!

I finally heard back from a beleagured sounding employee named Crystal, who apologized profusely saying she has been telling management they need to step up their web game and inform people how things work there. She explained that the manual is only printed when you make an order, and that for some reason it takes them 3-4 weeks to do the printing, and then they ship it. I emphasized how out of step with modern internet ordering this is, and at the very least their website that indicates the manual is available should explain that they are printed upon order and take 3-4 weeks to produce. Charging $25 for shipping on top of this absurdity is just outrageous. Only through monopoly are they able to persist with such incompetent business practices.
Thank you for posting this information, it's crazy how they just keep you guessing.

Back