• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x up for Motorcycle of the Year award?

As a former parts manager in a multi-line motorcycle dealership that handled Piaggo (Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Vespa) I wouldn't own a Moto Guzzi if it was free. The supply chain was pathetic and that was before Covid. Long waits, wrong part in the right box, multiple part number revisions in MY runs not documented in VIN history, warranty delays, what-have-you.

As a former parts manager in a multi-line motorcycle dealership that handled Piaggo (Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Vespa) I wouldn't own a Moto Guzzi if it was free. The supply chain was pathetic and that was before Covid. Long waits, wrong part in the right box, multiple part number revisions in MY runs not documented in VIN history, warranty delays, what-have-you.
Was that a US distributor issue or a manufacturer issue?

No BMW or Ducati dealer in my city any more, but there is a Moto Guzzi dealer!

Same situation here. BMW moved out of town, Ducati moved out of town. KTM never was here. Aprilia never was here. Moto Guzzi finally moved back in after being absent for nearly 50 years (I worked for the Yamaha/Guzzi dealer in town in 72 and 73 and he dropped Guzzi.)

Having ridden Eldorado's, Breva's, Griso's and V7's, there is no way I'd choose a Guzzi over any Japanese brand.

Last edited:
Whoa the New NT 1100 is one heck of a sport touring bike but what a price tag!!! One of the main reasons I am riding the NC750X is the economics. Not a chance I am throwing that kind of money down for a motorcycle when mine is doing the job so well. Guess I’m a little to frugal to play fast and lose with my hard earned cash.

I’d definitely look hard at a Goose if there was a semi decent dealer nearby. My closest dealer is almost 100 miles away. Went there to buy a Norge and couldn’t even get anyone to talk to me. After 45 minutes (and asking for help TWICE) I left and went to a Yamaha dealer for an FJR. Went back a few years later to get a Stelvio. Bike on the floor had a leaking battery (!) which had made a mess, and the dealership staff were as helpful as the previous time, so I went back to Yamaha and bought a Super Tenere. There’s now another dealer about 180 miles away, so I may give them a look one of these days. Nice looking bikes (and my friends that have them love ‘em) but the dealer issue is a concern..

I've lost count of how many bikes I've had but the older I get the closer I get to having mostly Honda. I still have a Harley and it sounds better than an Honda but it's only fun now under certain conditions. I'm down to 2 dirt bikes, DRZ and TW. I have Honda cars, motorcylcles, ATV's, Side by side but I still have an F250 since Honda doesn't make a real truck and Suzuki, Yamaha for speed but I'm rebuilding a 74 CT90 to go slow. After 6 months of experience with the NC I think it may be the perfect blend of everything I like. Wasn't sure I'd like the DCT but it turns out I love it. If there wasn't ice all over the place I'd go ride it now. Long live the NC!!

... I have Honda cars, motorcylcles, ATV's, Side by side but I still have an F250 since Honda doesn't make a real truck . . . After 6 months of experience with the NC I think it may be the perfect blend of everything I like. Wasn't sure I'd like the DCT but it turns out I love it. If there wasn't ice all over the place I'd go ride it now. Long live the NC!!
I don't even think about other bikes.

As for pick up trucks, I actually downsized to a 22 Honda Ridgeline, despite the fact that it is not a real truck and am loving it. Plenty capable for my foreseeable needs, I no longer tow diesel tractors or snowcats so the tow capacity is enough, bed holds a sheet of plywood flat on the floor, carries as much as I need to carry, but clearly I understand that some need a full size truck.

I love my Ridgeline, had it 12 years now, and my younger brother, a big Dodge Ram Hemi fan, just bought a new Ridgeline after driving mine.

I love my Ridgeline, had it 12 years now, and my younger brother, a big Dodge Ram Hemi fan, just bought a new Ridgeline after driving mine.
Gosh...no offence meant. I have a Fronteer and Xterra also so they take the place of a Ridgeline like vehicle but neither of them will pull 10K pounds up a hill. I haven't pulled my tractor around lately either....but I just hauled several tons of steel for a neighbor and I probably could have done that with either Nissan but the Ford needed some exercise. Just paid for a new 2022 license plate so I guess I'm into the big truck for another year. What I'd really like is a "cherry" El Camino...not to haul but to wax and shine. I have a 345 hp 350 Chevy in the shop that needs a home...wife not exactly on board for that...she needs a couple more trips to "Lost in the 50's" week.

Gosh...no offence meant. I have a Fronteer and Xterra also so they take the place of a Ridgeline like vehicle but neither of them will pull 10K pounds up a hill. I haven't pulled my tractor around lately either....but I just hauled several tons of steel for a neighbor and I probably could have done that with either Nissan but the Ford needed some exercise. Just paid for a new 2022 license plate so I guess I'm into the big truck for another year. What I'd really like is a "cherry" El Camino...not to haul but to wax and shine. I have a 345 hp 350 Chevy in the shop that needs a home...wife not exactly on board for that...she needs a couple more trips to "Lost in the 50's" week.
No offence taken. I don't ever haul 10K pounds up a hill, just the occasional couch or dresser across town, or a dozen bags of mulch or bird seed for my wife, so obviously my needs are different. I have towed an open trailer with an ST 1300 on it to Montana. I do wish the Ridgeline got better gas mileage (19 mpg), but for my needs it's great. Smooth, comfortable, and roomy and what's really nice, is that it's been paid for, for over a decade lol. Just sits in the driveway patiently waiting for me to need it occasionally.

It's kind of like the NC 750 of trucks lol.

Last edited:
No offence taken. I don't ever haul 10K pounds up a hill, just the occasional couch or dresser across town, or a dozen bags of mulch or bird seed for my wife, so obviously my needs are different. I have towed an open trailer with an ST 1300 on it to Montana. I do wish the Ridgeline got better gas mileage (19 mpg), but for my needs it's great. Smooth, comfortable, and roomy and what's really nice, is that it's been paid for, for over a decade lol. Just sits in the driveway patiently waiting for me to need it occasionally.
Understand!
I had a covered trailer for my ST1300 and did a great trip to Nova Socia, PEI and thru New Brunswick and slipped back into Maine. #1 son ran my ST (named Habu) over a curb and ripped the whole bottom out of it. He had just gotten a ticket for 130mph in a 45 zone on his CB1000RR and wasn't on the insurance, so I ate the loss...he is still paying me back!!

The ST was my favorite, but I think the NC750DCT has taken it's place and #1 can look at it but not touch it.

It looks like the Honda Ridgeline is the “NC” of trucks. A number of people here on the forum (at least 8 that I know of, including me) own Ridgelines. The Ridgeline seems to be chosen with the same sort of non-mainstream mentality where one would chose a motorcycle like the NC.

Overall, it’s a nice vehicle. Personally, I wish the Ridgeline had:
A larger fuel tank (maybe 25 gallons)
A tow/haul mode (would be more important than sand or mud)
More vibrant color choices
Better (Alabama factory) manufacturing quality control and fewer recalls
Paddle shifters on the 6 speed transmission (ability to lock out 6th only)
A better sounding radio (worst I‘ve had in 30 years)
Less frequent maintenance intervals
Deeper truck bed
Available as optional one row seating cab with longer truck bed.

It looks like the Honda Ridgeline in the “NC” of trucks. A number of people here on the forum (at least 8 that I know of, including me) own Ridgelines. The Ridgeline seems to be chosen with the same sort of non-mainstream mentality where one would chose a motorcycle like the NC.
That makes sense. Do they come with the same great all wheel drive as my CRV? That thing is like a goat...if it had more ground clearance it would be the perfect snow vehicle.

That makes sense. Do they come with the same great all wheel drive as my CRV? That thing is like a goat...if it had more ground clearance it would be the perfect snow vehicle.
The Ridgeline is available with AWD on some trim lines (mine has AWD). I can’t compare it to the CRV as I have not ever owned a CRV.

Gosh...no offence meant. I have a Fronteer . . .
None was taken.

I'm not the type to get butthurt.

FWIW, I had a Nissan long bed 4 door Frontier. Good truck. But turning radius was wider than a school bus. It was a '14, got almost what I paid for it on my trade-in for my new 22 Ridgeline.

Honestly the Ridgeline is about as odd a truck as the NC750x is an odd motorcycle.

Not many motorcycles with a storage box where the gas tank should be, or a gas tank under the seat. Not many pick up trucks with a lockable trunk under the bed, or a 2 way tailgate, or that can carry plywood flat on the floor.

FWIW, all of the Ridgelines are now produced with AWD, even in the lowest trim levels, has been that way for at least a few years. Mine has paddle shifters, I think all of them have that now too, but not sure about that point.

FWIW, all of the Ridgelines are now produced with AWD, even in the lowest trim levels.
Honda made this improvement (including AWD on all trims) partly by eliminating the lower two trim levels so that all available models are now forced up to higher priced trims. In 2017, there were 7 trim levels, now in 2022 there are 4. The original low trim levels of the Gen 2 , RT and RTS, that had optional AWD, are gone. If I was shopping now, I would likely not be buying a Ridgeline. What I want, they don't build anymore.

In a slightly similar way, Honda made the NC's DCT option "cost less" partly by increasing the price of the manual transmission model.

None was taken.

I'm not the type to get butthurt.

FWIW, I had a Nissan long bed 4 door Frontier. Good truck. But turning radius was wider than a school bus. It was a '14, got almost what I paid for it on my trade-in for my new 22 Ridgeline.

Honestly the Ridgeline is about as odd a truck as the NC750x is an odd motorcycle.

Not many motorcycles with a storage box where the gas tank should be, or a gas tank under the seat. Not many pick up trucks with a lockable trunk under the bed, or a 2 way tailgate, or that can carry plywood flat on the floor.

FWIW, all of the Ridgelines are now produced with AWD, even in the lowest trim levels, has been that way for at least a few years. Mine has paddle shifters, I think all of them have that now too, but not sure about that point.
I went looking for Toyota and the dealer had this 2008 with 14K, super cab and long bed for $18K. I wrote him a check and drove it home. I have 118K now and other than tires and oil I've just put gas in it. It does turn a bit wide but I have no complaints. I towed a 1948 Cessna 170 back from Ohio last Summer and it performed flawlessly so no complaints. Our CRV gets most of the miles around town and it has 192K and I replaced a clutch on the air conditioner compressor, change oil and put gas in it. I will probably put a timing belt on it as soon as I get my 74 CT90 rebuild project off my lift. I built jigs to lift different things and it is so handy when working on most anything...getting too old to crawl under stuff.

BTW since we are talking NC up for bike of the year, i believe the Ridgeline has won Motor Trends Truck of the Year twice, once in 2006 and again in 2017 if Im not mistaken.

Back