• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Fingers crossed and seems like we are near the finish line. My last target ship date was July 22nd and now pushed to today. Not great but the delay window is getting shorter to days rather than weeks so hopefully a good sign.

In the same boat as well with sitting on a collection of farkles (including the factory center stand and usb accessory). Givi initially indicated that the '20 engine guard and top box mount would work on their website back in June so bought both. The dealer will kindly take care of the engine mount but stuck with the 1146FZ Bracket since the return window closed. Hoping that I might be able to modify the bracket to fit but no idea how extensive the change is to the mounting point location on the new bike or issues with clearance with the handrail. (Although apples to oranges, Shad's website still indicates their top box mount kit still works so hopefully a glimmer of hope https://www.shadusa.com/collections/nc750x-s/products/nc750x-s-17-18-top-mount).
I ordered a 1192FZ Givi top box luggage rack for a 2021 from Italy. Hopefully it should arrive second week in August.

Delivery date to Dealer:
T - Minus 7 days and counting.

Dealer reported no asterisk next to shipping date of Aug 3, which according to him, means actual shipping date is still Aug 3 with no foreseen delays anymore.
Should arrive at the dealer Aug 5.

T - minus 7 days and counting.
It is out of the dealer's hands and hope your wife's bike ships on the 3rd. As mentioned, the last shipping time for me was July 22nd and there was no change to the status when they checked on Friday (23rd). The date was then shifted to yesterday (28th) on Tues. My dealer was told by the Honda distribution center that they sit on the shipping time as long as possible so that the transport logistics are in place if the bike is ready.
I am cautiously optimistic that mine will arrive soon since a shift of a few days is far better than the several weeks each time it has been delayed (original target date was early June). Since a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush, not counting on it until it actually makes it to the dealership. Regardless, I can see light at the end of the tunnel for us. :cool:

One DCT on the floor at Cycles of Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL. I sat on it today.

They got two last week and the one that was pre sold in late May delivered immediately. Contact Christian at 904-721-2453 if interested in this one. I have no financial interest if it sells just passing on the availability.

8210364A-5B95-4B7D-A8EE-61918C83EDD9.jpeg

One DCT on the floor at Cycles of Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL. I sat on it today.

They got two last week and the one that was pre sold in late May delivered immediately. Contact Christian at 904-721-2453 if interested in this one. I have no financial interest if it sells just passing on the availability.

View attachment 45907
so what did you think when you sat on it Dave?

so what did you think when you sat on it Dave?
Well, I know it has a lower seat height from the information releases but it didn't seem lower. That was my first impression. Maybe the Corbin on my bike is slightly lower than the stock seat was and this might account for the lack of notice. I like the older body style over the newer one, that did not change seeing the '21 in the flesh. I had already worked up an OTD price of $11,144 on the '21 with this dealer in May and looking across the OEM windshield and down at the bars I started doing the math in my head for the stuff I'd want to add in order to get the bike to where my 2013 is and was feeling good about the value of keeping the bike I have at this time.

About that impression that the new bike they expect to be lower doesn't seem any different from their old, taller bike - -
I remember my last new bike and thought it seemed so high that I could barely touch the ground with my toes. Then I switched for a low seat. Then I loaded down for a huge trip and set the pre-load the way I should for the extra load. When I came back from the big long trip my accessory lower seat seemed too low. In other words, my bike got a little lower over the years, just the same that I lost an inch if height due to older age myself.

About that impression that the new bike they expect to be lower doesn't seem any different from their old, taller bike - -
I remember my last new bike and thought it seemed so high that I could barely touch the ground with my toes. Then I switched for a low seat. Then I loaded down for a huge trip and set the pre-load the way I should for the extra load. When I came back from the big long trip my accessory lower seat seemed too low. In other words, my bike got a little lower over the years, just the same that I lost an inch if height due to older age myself.
Yes Sir...shrinking is a bitch and it doesn't make it easier to pick up things off the floor!!

FYI. Regarding the Givi luggage rack for the 2021.
The Givi part number is 1192FZ. I sent a message to Tourandride.com asking when the rack might be available in the US. They kindly replied that there are none in North America and they are on order. It could be as long as October to December before they are available here.
However, the 1192FZ can be ordered from Motostorm in Italy online at https://www.motostorm.it/en/. It would likely get here much faster.

Just based upon the fact that the T Rex I used for my 21 was for a 2020 I'd guess the tail did not change so a Givi 2020 part may work fine...or YMMV. Might be worth a try and I think you can just return it if it's not the same. Revzilla is good about that stuff but you could call them and see what they say. Just a thought.

The smoke has been so bad I haven't done any riding...getting AQI 190 air force fed into my nose isn't my idea of fun. I did have hard time doing the 600 mile oil swap...filter is tough to get off and had to get specific oil wrench and finally ended up using vicegrips to get the damn thing off. I was just short of driving a big screwdriver thru the filter.

Just based upon the fact that the T Rex I used for my 21 was for a 2020 I'd guess the tail did not change so a Givi 2020 part may work fine...or YMMV. Might be worth a try and I think you can just return it if it's not the same. Revzilla is good about that stuff but you could call them and see what they say. Just a thought.

The smoke has been so bad I haven't done any riding...getting AQI 190 air force fed into my nose isn't my idea of fun. I did have hard time doing the 600 mile oil swap...filter is tough to get off and had to get specific oil wrench and finally ended up using vicegrips to get the damn thing off. I was just short of driving a big screwdriver thru the filter.
The haze is only beginning to be noticed in Seattle. Last summer the smoke from California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia was so bad that I tried to go to the coast to breathe better. Still bad at the Pacific then. I drove a car and had to stop at big stores with filtered air just to walk around to clear my lungs.
Every summer from now on will be all smoke.

Things that I have ordered and received for my wife's 2021 NC750X, ready to be installed:
  • SW-Motech crash bars
  • Barkbusters Storm hand guards
  • Givi M9b (black) Monokey topcase plate
  • Honda Center Stand
  • 12 volt Connections to allow my wife to use my Gerbing Heated Sweater

Ordered, received, and will be installed only as needed:
  • TKC70 Rocks rear tire
  • TKC80 Front tire

Ordered and yet to receive, probably by Aug 17:
  • Givi 1192FZ luggage rack (will be used for the Givi M9b plate)

Will be installed by the dealer prior to picking up the bike:
  • Heated Hand Grips, probably Oxford

One MAJOR Item yet to receive:
  • The motorcycle!

Last edited:
I'm very frustrated. Last week "my" NC750X DCT had a ship date of 7/29* (note the asterisk) so I expected delivery this week. I was just informed by the dealer that the new ship date is 8/26*! I have been trying to locate one at a dealer within a couple hundred miles of me (Lincoln, NE) without any luck.

I'm very frustrated. Last week "my" NC750X DCT had a ship date of 7/29* (note the asterisk) so I expected delivery this week. I was just informed by the dealer that the new ship date is 8/26*! I have been trying to locate one at a dealer within a couple hundred miles of me (Lincoln, NE) without any luck.
My firm shipping date of August 3 has degraded to asterisk status.

I hope Honda doesn't screw up the roll out of the 2022 (or 2023) Baby Africa Twin / Transalp like this.

Hi guys! I think I've seen someone here mention they're in the NY area and on a waitlist for the 2021 DCT version -- just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm in Brooklyn, I have a 2021 NC750X DCT, and I am selling it.

The bike is wonderful. I just made a huge mistake in not fully envisioning what it was going to be like to ride in NYC rush hour traffic, which is a level of stress that I have discovered I am not cut out for. Anyway, if you're interested, I posted in the "Bikes for Sale" section of the forum:

Best,

-Evan
I'M IN QUEENS NY IS IT STILL UNSOLD? I'M LOOKING TO BUY ASAP!

My firm shipping date of August 3 has degraded to asterisk status.

I hope Honda doesn't screw up the roll out of the 2022 (or 2023) Baby Africa Twin / Transalp like this.
I think I might also get bad news today.....
I called the dealership yesterday but the sales rep was on vacation until today (small shop so think he is the only one looking at shipping status). Since it had the last target ship date of the 28th, I asked if anything arrived and the other guy said no shipments from Honda came in. :confused:
Not sure what I am going to do if moved to the end of August (hopefully not!!) since the riding season is coming to an end up in the Northeast (I am a complete noob so do not want to take any chances when the leaves fall and accumulate on the roads). Do I receive the bike and enjoy a few weeks of riding or just wait until Spring (and then do not need the hassle of having to store it over the winter)? Grrr....

I called the dealership yesterday but the sales rep was on vacation until today (small shop so think he is the only one looking at shipping status). Since it had the last target ship date of the 28th, I asked if anything arrived and the other guy said no shipments from Honda came in. :confused:
Not sure what I am going to do if moved to the end of August (hopefully not!!) since the riding season is coming to an end up in the Northeast (I am a complete noob so do not want to take any chances when the leaves fall and accumulate on the roads). Do I receive the bike and enjoy a few weeks of riding or just wait until Spring (and then do not need the hassle of having to store it over the winter)? Grrr....
If you don't buy it this season then you run the risk someone else will before next spring and who knows what the spring of 2022 will be like?

Taking delivery late this year might not be a bad thing. No vehicle that I can buy is built or featured exactly like I want. I usually need 6 months or more to sort it out and modify it as needed. Buying a motorcycle late this season would give me opportunities to sort out the issues and make modifications over the winter. Then next spring I hit the road with a motorcycle that works better for me.

Back