• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Yea, my image sleuthing also found that the manual does not have a badge on the bottom of the engine, so the badge must be the DCT badge.
Once you get to know the bike there’s a multitude of differences. There’s also no clutch cable visible in this picture no clutch lever arm that actuate the clutch and the shape of the right side cover is just completely different.

The 2021 NC750x is not yet available in North America. Has anyone in the UK or Europe purchased one yet? Has anyone test ridden one yet?
I purchased a 2021 nc 750xdct in February this is my fourth nc750 and by far the best one improvements in all areas height seat throttle response suspension Dunlop tyres felt crap changed to Michilen Pilot road 5s paradise big improvement Only one downside on this bike fuel consumption up 10% maybe I’m riding it harder . I would fully recommend this bike to anyone Eamonn B ireland

I purchased a 2021 nc 750xdct in February this is my fourth nc750 and by far the best one improvements in all areas height seat throttle response suspension Dunlop tyres felt crap changed to Michilen Pilot road 5s paradise big improvement Only one downside on this bike fuel consumption up 10% maybe I’m riding it harder . I would fully recommend this bike to anyone Eamonn B ireland
Thank you, Eamonn, for joining the group and thank you for your insight.

Congrats BklynBoy!
Out of curiosity, what tires came on your bike? I was pleasantly surprised that mine came with Metzlers vs. Dunlops that I was expecting based upon early reports (and looks like Mrs. Mudtrack's wife's also has Metzlers).
The two bikes that arrived here several weeks ago were also sporting Metzelers.

Congrats BklynBoy!
Out of curiosity, what tires came on your bike? I was pleasantly surprised that mine came with Metzlers vs. Dunlops that I was expecting based upon early reports (and looks like Mrs. Mudtrack also has Metzlers).
Thanks BE.
I heard that the new NCs had Metzlers so I was disappointed to find out that mine had Dunlops.
Glad to hear that Mrs. Mudtrack had Metzlers and yours as well.

Last edited:
Thanks BE.
I heard that the new NCs had Metzlers so I was disappointed to find out that mine had Dunlops.
Glad to hear that Mrs. Mudtrack had Metzlers and yours as well.
To be honest, I would have been also very happy with the Dunlops. The funny thing on mine was that although the odometer showed zero miles, they were a bit scuffed so the mechanic probably took it for a quick spin (none of the other new bikes on the floor that were sold had scuffed tires). Prefer that they do a test ride to make sure that everything is in order so not a problem there.

My VIN said MFG in feb or mar ... take your pick. lol

Difference between 2014 CTX700 DCT.
. Shifting is much smoother.
. From 670cc to 745cc, 10% difference.
. Gear shift ratios .... between these last two items, yes more power
. Standard mode is much stronger than the previous lugging mode.
. Rain mode is smart, especially for commuters.
. Sport mode is stronger.

Great learner to experienced bike. Start them in Rain mode and work up
, have them use the paddles , then go to Standard and Sport modes.

Ergonomics: Have bar backs and lowered pegs on order. What can I say?
I am small but can TALK big ..... lol

ON/OFF throttle is Quick. Don't be fussing (GPS, radio) with something at a stop and
then start off.

I am one step closer. I went to 'try on' a Versys 650 and the NC750X yesterday since it was raining all day. I have narrowed my search to these two motorcycles. The Versys felt really good and the NC was only slightly less. The deciding factors are the frunk and the valve adjustments. I will probably pull the trigger early next year.

I have started looking into mods I will want to do. I would like to find a rear rack that is not specific to a particular brand of top box. I have an old JC Whitney top box in the attic I want to use. Been looking at the SHAD side cases, anyone have experience with them?

I need to decide if I want to sell my FJR on my own or trade it in.

Anyway, I will be lurking to gain as much knowledge as possible in the meantime.

To be honest, I would have been also very happy with the Dunlops. The funny thing on mine was that although the odometer showed zero miles, they were a bit scuffed so the mechanic probably took it for a quick spin (none of the other new bikes on the floor that were sold had scuffed tires). Prefer that they do a test ride to make sure that everything is in order so not a problem there.
I can't speak from experience about either one just from things I've read about Metzler vs. Dunlop. I am hoping for the best.

The two bikes that arrived here several weeks ago were also sporting Metzelers.
This thread about tires brings a question to my mind. How does a person know whether the tires on their bike are the original tires that were shipped with the bike? Unlike purchasing a car, which has that window sticker and other pamphlets that specifies standard and "additionally" purchased equipment I am not aware that such a document accompanies the purchase of a motorcycle. Noobie question of course but any insight would be appreciated by any members.

This thread about tires brings a question to my mind. How does a person know whether the tires on their bike are the original tires that were shipped with the bike? Unlike purchasing a car, which has that window sticker and other pamphlets that specifies standard and "additionally" purchased equipment I am not aware that such a document accompanies the purchase of a motorcycle. Noobie question of course but any insight would be appreciated by any members.
The Honda owner's manual usually specifies two recommended tire models. If your bike comes with either, and the date code is fresh, they are probably the originals. Also, some OEM tires are special versions that can't normally be purchased as replacements except perhaps through the OEM.

Congrats I traded an FJR in on mine as well. Might take a while to get used to not having instant huge gobs of power, but you shouldnt miss the weight.

The Honda owner's manual usually specifies two recommended tire models. If your bike comes with either, and the date code is fresh, they are probably the originals. Also, some OEM tires are special versions that can't normally be purchased as replacements except perhaps through the OEM.
I appreciate your response 670cc, especially to what might be an unintentional sensitive question.
Thx again.

Brought this home today. Traded my FJR.
Cool, you got a manual. I have had a deposit on one since June, and my dealer says it won't come in until late October. I have been looking for deliveries of manuals for 2 months now and yours is the first I have seen. I have seen a few in stock, mostly west of Colorado ( One in Miami ).

How long did you wait for yours and were your dealer's delivery estimates accurate at all?

Congratulations and I am very jealous.

Last edited:
Back