• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

We just bought a Kawasaki Versys 650. It will be ready for pick up on Monday. He’s super excited. He wanted the DCT but you guys inspired him to cancel the order as we don’t know when it will truly ship.

We just bought a Kawasaki Versys 650. It will be ready for pick up on Monday. He’s super excited. He wanted the DCT but you guys inspired him to cancel the order as we don’t know when it will truly ship.

Excellent. I hope your hubby gets a lot of good riding in yet this year.

My wife is in it for the long haul. Her most recent delivery date has been delayed 2 more weeks until August 17.
She wants this NC750X DCT, so she is willing to wait. We are trading two scooters for the NC750. My wife's current ride, her Burgman 400, will stay in our garage ready for rides until the NC750 is delivered. However today I dropped off my wife's little Honda PCX 150 scooter at the dealer as a pre-trade. They gave us a better than expected price.
It was sad to see the low inventory at the dealer. If they don't get bikes, they can't sell bikes.
They were happy to have our little PCX 150 to clean up and put on their showroom floor.
We may be in this for the long haul waiting for our toy, but the dealer is waiting for anything to sell.
My sympathies are with this dealer. I like them.

My wife is in it for the long haul. Her most recent delivery date has been delayed 2 more weeks until August 17.
She wants this NC750X DCT, so she is willing to wait. We are trading two scooters for the NC750. My wife's current ride, her Burgman 400, will stay in our garage ready for rides until the NC750 is delivered. However today I dropped off my wife's little Honda PCX 150 scooter at the dealer as a pre-trade. They gave us a better than expected price.
It was sad to see the low inventory at the dealer. If they don't get bikes, they can't sell bikes.
They were happy to have our little PCX 150 to clean up and put on their showroom floor.
We may be in this for the long haul waiting for our toy, but the dealer is waiting for anything to sell.
My sympathies are with this dealer. I
mudtrack, my wife has been thinking about another scooter. She sold her Majesty 400 a couple years ago and now has the itch again. My local dealer only has the 150s in stock, but we both think it will be too slow for her after having ridden a 400. Yamaha does make a 300 now, but of course none in stock, and cant even order one at this point. What is your opinion on the 150 vs a 400?

mudtrack, my wife has been thinking about another scooter. She sold her Majesty 400 a couple years ago and now has the itch again. My local dealer only has the 150s in stock, but we both think it will be too slow for her after having ridden a 400. Yamaha does make a 300 now, but of course none in stock, and cant even order one at this point. What is your opinion on the 150 vs a 400?
Depends.
City use with no Freeways, mostly stop and go traffic: 150. Hands down, the 150 reigns supreme in the city, better than any other vehicle.
(I have ridden our PCX150 on a long trip on 2-lane 60 mph rural highways, no problem - But these damn little buggers are skittish. Wheelbase and tire size too small to feel comfortable on the highway despite the 60mph top speed.)
Highway commuting including Freeways: 400
(The 400 scooters and above can somewhat "more" comfortably keep up with traffic on 4-lane highways.)

My wife and I have ridden together 150 to 200 miles per day on the highway on our two very different bikes. To our beach property, of course, and down the Oregon coast.
I ride my V-Strom and she rides her Burgman 400.

However, However, However, my wife at this point really wants the larger tire/wheel size of the NC750X compared to any scooter. The gyroscopic feel of larger wheels gives much greater confidence at speed, and she wants the ability to mount knobby tires for our mud road.

Sum it up:
City stop and go only, up to around 50 mph, the 150 scooters are vastly superior.
Highway above 60 mph, the 400 and above take over in scooter superiority at the expense of weighing in the neighborhood of 500lbs - not very nimble in the city.

Last edited:
Depends.
City use with no Freeways, mostly stop and go traffic: 150. Hands down, the 150 reigns supreme in the city, better than any other vehicle.
(I have ridden our PCX150 on a long trip on 2-lane 60 mph rural highways, no problem - But these damn little buggers are skittish. Wheelbase and tire size too small to feel comfortable on the highway despite the 60mph top speed.)
Highway commuting including Freeways: 400
(The 400 scooters and above can somewhat "more" comfortably keep up with traffic on 4-lane highways.)

My wife and I have ridden together 150 to 200 miles per day on the highway on our two very different bikes. To our beach property, of course, and down the Oregon coast.
I ride my V-Strom and she rides her Burgman 400.

However, However, However, my wife at this point really wants the larger tire/wheel size of the NC750X compared to any scooter. The gyroscopic feel of larger wheels gives much greater confidence at speed, and she wants the ability to mount knobby tires for our mud road.

Sum it up:
City stop and go only, up to around 50 mph, the 150 scooters are vastly superior.
Highway above 60 mph, the 400 and above take over in scooter superiority at the expense of weighing in the neighborhood of 500lbs - not very nimble in the city.
I'm sure the coast ride in cool weather would be wonderful but I gotta tell you in the traffic and heat we ran into I was pretty happy to be in an air conditioned car...when the traffic stopped I just put it in neutral and listened to the 60's on XM...Spring and Fall yes, not July and August...not to mention the smoke on the way home.

The Cruise Control thing has me baffled...gotta be a price-point thing (a small bump in price for sure. But something 90% of us would happily pay for). Probably 2022. They gotta have something to upgrade next year...
I’ll ride my 2012 until they come out with cruise control. I adapted many audiovox cruise with a GL1500 right control. It’s the same thing I did on my ST’s. It’s a lot of work. I can deal with the chain drive but a shaft would be great. When they come with Cruise control I’ll buy a new one. Otherwise I have over 50,000 miles traveling around the US and it still runs like it did when it was new.

I’ll ride my 2012 until they come out with cruise control. I adapted many audiovox cruise with a GL1500 right control. It’s the same thing I did on my ST’s. It’s a lot of work. I can deal with the chain drive but a shaft would be great. When they come with Cruise control I’ll buy a new one. Otherwise I have over 50,000 miles traveling around the US and it still runs like it did when it was new.
I asked once before but...what's involved in putting the audiovox cruise system on the NC. I bought it for my ST but #1 son destroyed the ST before I got a chance to install. I would rather have a Honda engineered electronic cruise control than a cobbled up version of automotive system. I could be wrong but it seems to me to be a great selling point for Honda. I like the throttle lock I have on the NC and it's great on flat ground but there isn't that much of that in Idaho or surrounding country side. The NC is a fine ride even without autocruise.

I asked once before but...what's involved in putting the audiovox cruise system on the NC. I bought it for my ST but #1 son destroyed the ST before I got a chance to install. I would rather have a Honda engineered electronic cruise control than a cobbled up version of automotive system. I could be wrong but it seems to me to be a great selling point for Honda. I like the throttle lock I have on the NC and it's great on flat ground but there isn't that much of that in Idaho or surrounding country side. The NC is a fine ride even without autocruise.
I have have had an Atlas throttle lock on my DL650 for over 3 years. Well built and engineered product.
However since installing the Atlas I have used it for no more than 15 minutes total. Seriously.
My wife and I ride scenic twisties. No need for a throttle lock.
On solo long distance adventures, there are mountains, trucks, passing, long gravel stretches, frost heaves in the permafrost areas.
Again, little need for cruise control or a throttle lock for myself.

I have have had an Atlas throttle lock on my DL650 for over 3 years. Well built and engineered product.
However since installing the Atlas I have used it for no more than 15 minutes total. Seriously.
My wife and I ride scenic twisties. No need for a throttle lock.
On solo long distance adventures, there are mountains, trucks, passing, long gravel stretches, frost heaves in the permafrost areas.
Again, little need for cruise control or a throttle lock for myself.
My thoughts are similar to mudtrack's. I have electronic cruise control on my Goldwing and it is very rare that I use it. My NC goes mainly on two laners and backroads where conditions require frequent variation in speeds. While I witness many people requesting cruise as standard or an option and it would be great if Honda offered it, I would have little or no use for cruise on my NC

This past Saturday, around 12 noonish, I stopped at our local Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki Dealer in Louisville Ky....they had 0 new motorcycles, 0 new scooters on the floor; none in the storeroom...5 used motorcycles and 1 used scooter (small one)....I was wanting to see if they had an xmax on the floor...nope, nada, zilch....they did have 2 cabin cruiser boats on the sales floor....the manager had no idea when they would even receive a shipment of bikes....

This past Saturday, around 12 noonish, I stopped at our local Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki Dealer in Louisville Ky....they had 0 new motorcycles, 0 new scooters on the floor; none in the storeroom...5 used motorcycles and 1 used scooter (small one)....I was wanting to see if they had an xmax on the floor...nope, nada, zilch....they did have 2 cabin cruiser boats on the sales floor....the manager had no idea when they would even receive a shipment of bikes....
It took me from Mid Feb to last Friday to get a 12' Lowe jon boat. Apparently 20 something came in and they were all sold the first day. They blame an aluminum shortage. Now I need a little motor for it and they are unobtainium.

If Honda came out with an accessory cruise for NC750X (which I still don't have) I would buy it ! lol
I bought the Rebel 1100 DCT 6 months ago. The cruise control was one of the reasons. It never worked. The dealer made 3 attempts without any luck. They called Honda for technical support, & after 2 weeks I decided to trade the bike for a 2020 NC750X DCT. No regrets.

I bought the Rebel 1100 DCT 6 months ago. The cruise control was one of the reasons. It never worked. The dealer made 3 attempts without any luck. They called Honda for technical support, & after 2 weeks I decided to trade the bike for a 2020 NC750X DCT. No regrets.
I was hoping for something that works at least as well as my Honda cars...or Ford or Nissan for that matter. I'm not a electronic engineer but if it can work in 4 wheel street things it's got to be a short jump to 2 wheel things...I think a chip can handle it as it does in little bitty airplanes. 3 Axis inputs and GPS can fly an airplane very well...all I'm hoping for is constant speed on 2 wheels.

Pretty sad state of affairs when we have more motorcycles and scooters in our fleet than the dealer has on their floor. I guess we have the upper hand right now. All of ours are used, of course.

I was hoping for something that works at least as well as my Honda cars...or Ford or Nissan for that matter. I'm not a electronic engineer but if it can work in 4 wheel street things it's got to be a short jump to 2 wheel things...I think a chip can handle it as it does in little bitty airplanes. 3 Axis inputs and GPS can fly an airplane very well...all I'm hoping for is constant speed on 2 wheels.
I hope if Honda does do NC cruise control, that it works better than the crappy one in my Honda Ridgeline. It’s the worst cruise control I ever had.

Back