• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 nc750x givi cras bar installation help.

Dailygrinder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I’m trying to install upper givi crash bars and ran into a problem. The plastic brace for the upper bar attachment is either too narrow or the bolts are too short. Anyone encounter this problem?

Attachments

• B68429C9-F4A0-4258-BA30-273120FA914C.jpeg
    B68429C9-F4A0-4258-BA30-273120FA914C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • F89AA7F4-5A1D-4E63-90DB-C0929E0C1A1C.jpeg
    F89AA7F4-5A1D-4E63-90DB-C0929E0C1A1C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 5ED141FD-8362-4EC9-9BFD-A4145FEEF7F6.jpeg
    5ED141FD-8362-4EC9-9BFD-A4145FEEF7F6.jpeg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 23
  • F5C317CE-3771-40A7-AD20-DBFE5216955B.jpeg
    F5C317CE-3771-40A7-AD20-DBFE5216955B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • E67CAEB4-ECDC-45C3-B704-64A2745295EE.jpeg
    E67CAEB4-ECDC-45C3-B704-64A2745295EE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Looks like the plastic is for the wrong diameter also do the bolts protrude past the nutplates #4 instructions? Do they have a info/tech line to call? You could open up the plastic by sanding, drilling for proper fit and if the bolts do not protrude past the nutplates by at least a couple of threads get longer bolts. If you open up the plastic don't go too big they should fit snug and get corrosion resistant bolts. I understand that when you buy a name brand product you expect everything to be right but it might be faster to just modify what you have. At least its cold outside and you have time to decide path forward. Good luck

I looks like the wrong hardware (clamp) was included in the kit. You could contact Givi USA for support (https://giviusa.com/pages/technical-support) or just return the bars to the place of purchase as defective.

When I purchased my first Givi crash bars back in 2013 or so, the first set I got was not manufactured correctly and could not be installed. The replacement set did fit. Maybe Givi has issues getting new products right. Also, SW-Motech had fitment issues (bolt holes didn’t line up) on their early crash bars for the 2012 models.

Looks like the plastic is for the wrong diameter also do the bolts protrude past the nutplates #4 instructions? Do they have a info/tech line to call? You could open up the plastic by sanding, drilling for proper fit and if the bolts do not protrude past the nutplates by at least a couple of threads get longer bolts. If you open up the plastic don't go too big they should fit snug and get corrosion resistant bolts. I understand that when you buy a name brand product you expect everything to be right but it might be faster to just modify what you have. At least its cold outside and you have time to decide path forward. Good luck
Thanks for the reply, I contacted givi and am waiting for a reply. In the mean time, I’ll try your suggestion and sand a little bit. The bolts just barely protrude as it is now, I’m guessing they will send me new plastic mounts. In any case I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try modifying the plastic in the mean time.

The reason I talked about the thread protrusion is in most Industries the bolts should be at least 2 threads beyond the nut. The reason is that the threads are not complete in those 2 threads and will not have full engagement for load holding. Also if there is a locking feature in the nut plates be it nylon or other means that will also be effected. I have used Locktite 242 "blue" for years on conditions like this to ensure everything stays together and will stop corrosion . One other thing that is good to do is put a "stripe" of paint on hardware after install to show if anything is getting loose. This is called torque stripe and is used in Aviation, I use nail polish in yellow its cheap and I use it on all major hardware on all my bikes.

I agree with TNH. If you modify the clamp, you probably give up your chance at warranty service or product return. Better to let Givi or the seller make it right, so in the end you get the working product that you actuality paid for.

Back