• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information 2021 NC750X announced for US market!

Wow.
47.1 inches of suspension travel.
One would need a ladder to mount the bike.
However, fording streams, no, make that rivers, would be a piece of cake.

I know it's a typo, but it's a slow day here with 10" of snow on the ground and a temp of 25F.
My mistake. I will edit. Sorry.

Reading the specs on the prior "S" models, I see that the suspension travel is now the same on the 2021 NC750X as it was on the NC750S, 4.7 inches.
They both have the lower ground clearance and the lower seat height compared with the NC750X.
I imagine ( my guess only ) Honda has basically merged the NC750S with the NC750X to make room for a yet to be announced 2022 or later "Baby Africa Twin" that will have a larger diameter front tire.
For those of us such as my wife who really do not ride off road much, the 2021 NC750X will be just fine.
For those of us disappointed that the suspension travel is decreased, my bet is that Honda will release that small "Baby Africa Twin" in the coming years.
I'm waiting for the BAT as well. Problem is, I'm also waiting for the X-Wing and that was shown as a prototype several years ago and it's still just fantasy.

For us munchkins (5'5" here) the reduction in seat height at the cost of suspension travel is welcome, especially since the only time I may be off road with mine is if I miss a corner lol.

There are a ton of changes to the 2021 model besides a lower seat height. More power and torque, 13# less weight, larger frunk, self cancelling turn signals, led lights front rear and turn signals, emergency braking flasher, revised gearing lower in first 3 gears for acceleration, taller in top 3 gears for rpm reduction and better gas mileage, more modes in trans and TC, linked brakes, ABS std, upgraded instrumentation, slimmer side panels, sharper styling. IMO it's going to be a better street bike than previous versions, but obviously a worse off road bike. I agree with others that Honda is planning on a better mini AT to compete with the new Yamaha 700 Tenere' and the KTM 790 ADV. Only time will tell on that though.

My dealer got in one of the new Tenere 700s today. Already sold. Man its tall. Looks pretty serious as an off roader too. No way does an NC 750 compete with it as an off road bike. Looks more like a small Africa Twin. Honda is going to have its work cut out making a competitor without a serious redesign of the NC platform.

For us munchkins (5'5" here) the reduction in seat height at the cost of suspension travel is welcome, especially since the only time I may be off road with mine is if I miss a corner lol.

There are a ton of changes to the 2021 model besides a lower seat height. More power and torque, 13# less weight, larger frunk, self cancelling turn signals, led lights front rear and turn signals, emergency braking flasher, revised gearing lower in first 3 gears for acceleration, taller in top 3 gears for rpm reduction and better gas mileage, more modes in trans and TC, linked brakes, ABS std, upgraded instrumentation, slimmer side panels, sharper styling. IMO it's going to be a better street bike than previous versions, but obviously a worse off road bike. I agree with others that Honda is planning on a better mini AT to compete with the new Yamaha 700 Tenere' and the KTM 790 ADV. Only time will tell on that though.
Yes, we've been watching the 2021 since November 2020. It's like November 2011 all over again.

I am glad to see the bike is still alive. I keep hoping Honda will put the NC power plant in a mini Africa Twin or give us the suspension, larger front and rear wheels so the NC can do the job. I think it would make a great powerplant for that application.
I doubt that Honda will put the NC engine into anything else, especially the AT. The design is brilliant but not suited for the person who wants a bike capable of riding on terrain it will never actually see. The only NC performance that is raved about is the mileage. It would be like putting a Honda Jazz engine into a Jeep. Would it work? Yes. Would customers like it? No!

I think it would work if Honda did something within the NC series. Wild idea: actually put the X into the 700/750X. Good suspension, fully adjustable, long travel. Lose some of the tupperware. Bigger and spoked wheels. It could be great! Call it the... NC750X-ADV... wait, they already use that name...

Calling it an AT Jr. would dilute the AT brand and I think raise expectations a bit too high.

Reading the specs on the prior "S" models, I see that the suspension travel is now the same on the 2021 NC750X as it was on the NC750S, 4.7 inches.
Gotta love cost cutting measures billed as an updated feature. The suspension is already so cheap.

My dealer got in one of the new Tenere 700s today. Already sold. Man its tall. Looks pretty serious as an off roader too. No way does an NC 750 compete with it as an off road bike. Looks more like a small Africa Twin. Honda is going to have its work cut out making a competitor without a serious redesign of the NC platform.
I would absolutely love a Ténéré 700! I don't know how Honda will respond to it, it seems like the 'next' BMW GS or DR/KLR 650.

Especially in the hands of Pol Tarrés

I would absolutely love a Ténéré 700! I don't know how Honda will respond to it, it seems like the 'next' BMW GS or DR/KLR 650.

Especially in the hands of Pol Tarrés
I think if Honda chose to respond to the Tenere 700, it would be with something heavier, more softly sprung, less dirt oriented, less thrilling, and less powerful. But it would still sell because it would have the user friendliness, easy maintenance, and reliability that Honda builds into their products.

Here's the Yamaha

1p4JJkK.jpg

Here's the Yamaha

1p4JJkK.jpg
I see some aftermarket seat opportunities on that Tenere. Although truthfully, the banana seat on my CRF250L is actually more comfort than an NC stock seat, do it’s difficult to judge a seat by it’s looks.

Second observation: that low front fender looks like a mud packer for serious off-roaders. I seem to recall that the Honda AT suffers the same deficiency.

Last edited:
How about a Baby Africa Twin NC750X?
View attachment 44514
I sure hope not. It is a twin, yes, but for a baby Africa Twin, that example would be too heavy, poorly suspended, too little ground clearance, wheels too small, and has too much displacement, and needs more fuel capacity. .

I sure hope not. It is a twin, yes, but for a baby Africa Twin, that example would be too heavy, poorly suspended, too little ground clearance, wheels too small, and has too much displacement, and needs more fuel capacity. .
I agree. My wife happily decided on a 2021 NC750 because of what it is.
However for myself, a true lightweight smaller Africa Twin would be worth waiting for.
My "artist's concept " photo of a NX750X with a decal from an Africa Twin was meant as a joke. :)

Last edited:
I agree. My wife happily decided on a 2021 NC750 because of what it is.
However for myself, a true lightweight smaller Africa Twin would be worth waiting for.
My "artist's concept " photo of a NX750X with a decal from an Africa Twin was meant as a joke.
Yes, I realize it was a joke, but my fear is that Honda may actually do such a thing.

My wife wants that lower seat height of the 2021 NC750, even at the cost of suspension travel. She rides mostly city, will go back commuting to work by motorcycle Fall Quarter 2021. (She teaches at a college as an adjunct professor.) She has been happy with her Burgman 400 maxi scooter for commuting, but now wants a DCT 2021 NC750X for both commuting and highway travel to our beach paradise at the end of a long muddy road for which she will install TKC80 tires.

I ride a 2015 V-Strom 650 Adventure that I have fully accessorized to my liking. I will ride my 'Strom happily for now. When Honda actually introduces a real lightweight smaller displacement version of the Africa Twin, I may actually take a look. It could be years.

Back