• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information 2021 NC750X announced for US market!

Yes, I realize it was a joke, but my fear is that Honda may actually do such a thing.
They are doing it: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2021-honda-africa-twin-middleweight/

AFRICA_CG6.jpg

Last edited:
If a smaller AT was using an enlarged to 790 cc NC engine, it would look nothing like the bike in the picture.
Agree. Putting a “rendering“ photo of what appears to be an actual CRF1100L in that article about the mid sized Africa Twin made no sense.

March 2020, so something blew up and it didn't get done. The 2021 NC is a pretty bad disappointment for the X. I think the Tenere 700 is still too heavy. It is a very capable machine, but many people would not want to be out riding alone and drop that thing in a bad spot. The Versys-X is in the right weight range, but needs suspension, longer gear for road miles, and bump that power plant to that 400-500cc engine. Looked at that 390 Adventure and it has just as many warts, but we are edging closer to a good compromise small ADV bike. I don't know why they are finding this so hard to build.

March 2020, so something blew up and it didn't get done. The 2021 NC is a pretty bad disappointment for the X. I think the Tenere 700 is still too heavy. It is a very capable machine, but many people would not want to be out riding alone and drop that thing in a bad spot. The Versys-X is in the right weight range, but needs suspension, longer gear for road miles, and bump that power plant to that 400-500cc engine. Looked at that 390 Adventure and it has just as many warts, but we are edging closer to a good compromise small ADV bike. I don't know why they are finding this so hard to build.
You ask 10 different riders what they want in a mid-range adventure bike and you would get 10 completely different answers. The Honda Cb500x with the rally raid kit would meet most specs but the weight....The RE Himalayan has the 400 cc engine and many posts of it on other forums state it should have the 650cc engine....

OK, we all agree that a lightweight Honda Adventure bike would be a great thing. It should have capabilities of the big Africa Twin, yet have much lower weight at the sacrifice of only some power, and would offer DCT which is another thing that sets the Africa Twin apart.
That would be great.
However, some people, my wife included, are happy that the 2021 NC750 has a lower seat height and are not concerned about the loss of off road capability.
I would like to see a small Africa Twin. My wife is looking forward to her 2021 NC750 this year.

OK, we all agree that a lightweight Honda Adventure bike would be a great thing. It should have capabilities of the big Africa Twin, yet have much lower weight at the sacrifice of only some power, and would offer DCT which is another thing that sets the Africa Twin apart.
That would be great.
However, some people, my wife included, are happy that the 2021 NC750 has a lower seat height and are not concerned about the loss of off road capability.
I would like to see a small Africa Twin. My wife is looking forward to her 2021 NC750 this year.
I'm with your wife and would not be buying one if they hadn't lowered the seat height. For me it's just another street bike.

Adventure bikes are different things to different riders.

Some ride truly with no road or only single track, and the roads to get there.

Some ride the various BDR trails involving rough double track, forest service roads, and paved connection roads.

Some ride mostly paved roads and highways with occasional forest service roads. (My wife and myself)

A feature most bikes in this category share is the ease of riding standing up on pegs. However many experienced riders can handle many forest service roads on Harleys or other big road bikes.

I am happy on my V-Strom 650 with TKC80 tires on highway, gravel road, rain and mud.
My wife wants to ride with me on a 2021 DCT NC750X with TKC80 tires.

Not to get people overly excited, but apparently Honda may be bringing back the name of Transalp for what we have been calling the future Baby Africa Twin.
Just do a Google search for 2022 Honda Transalp.
Here is one such story about the new Transalp/small Africa Twin.

Last edited:
Back