• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information 2021 NC750X announced for US market!

Throttle by wire with 4 modes....available on the X model.....linked ABS, gear indicator....wonder if this is actually true or did someone at Honda just copy/paste from the European model for the US pages.....hmm...

Interesting note —

I recently put down a deposit on a 2020 NC750X, and was told that it’d be arriving in late May / early June. Spoke to the dealership just now to see if I could switch to the just-announced 2021 model and they said that’s the model arriving in May / June so that’s the one I’ll be getting. Apparently they knew they’d be getting more NC’s later this year, but didn’t know if they’d be 2020 or 2021 models until now.

All this to say — I’m very excited. Now, if Honda could just release the 2021 accessory catalog...

Proceed with caution on these new features. One year the Honda web site said the NC had dual front disc brakes. Some people got all excited, but it was incorrect info. I contacted American Honda about that, and then they fixed the web site to show the single disc.

Reactions: MZ5
Proceed with caution on these new features. One year the Honda web site said the NC had dual front disc brakes. Some people got all excited, but it was incorrect info. I contacted American Honda about that, and then they fixed the web site to show the single disc.
Well, I’ve been eagerly looking forward to the US release of the 2021 model for months now, and the fact that it’s actually up on Honda’s website means that it’s happening so that alone has got me very excited.

This is good news but mind that features vary by export market. The USA NC750X 2016 models didn't initially get the suspension and LED headlight upgrades that the EC model got 2 or 3 years earlier but I'm glad the bike returns to the US lineup for another year.

This is good news but mind that features vary by export market. The USA NC750X 2016 models didn't initially get the suspension and LED headlight upgrades that the EC model got 2 or 3 years earlier but I'm glad the bike returns to the US lineup for another year.
Agreed. Fancy new features or not, the fact that the NC lives on in the USA market for a tenth model year is quite remarkable, and makes me happy. :)

Fret not! ‘21 just announced by Honda Canada: https://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/adventure/nc750xa

Sounds like it’ll be available in May, same as the US.
Yes, there it is.
I'm not at all unhappy that I didn't wait for the '21.
I got a great discount on the '20, and I can't wait for May or more likely June for it to land in Canada.

New features don't necessarily mean better features.
Ride by wire is great if it's done properly.
If not, it can be jerky and snatchy.
Why no standard cruise control with the ride by wire?
Looks like they went to dual separate throttle bodies as opposed to just the single one for current models.
Throw in the possibility of synchronization issues down the road.
Euro 5 will mean the evap control system appears on the bike in Canada.
More plumbing and hardware.
The LED turn signals look tiny.
I hope the seat slope issue has been addressed.

Another deterrent for me would be that other than Honda's ridiculously overpriced accessories, the aftermarket will take at least a year to catch up to the new model.
Oh, and I love my white bike. Red doesn't do it for me LOL.

Found the first website error already after just 5 minutes of reading. The 2021 NC750X features say the 41mm fork has 5.4 inches of travel. The specifications say the fork travel is 4.7 inches.

Yes, there it is.
I'm not at all unhappy that I didn't wait for the '21.
I got a great discount on the '20, and I can't wait for May or more likely June for it to land in Canada.

New features don't necessarily mean better features.
Ride by wire is great if it's done properly.
If not, it can be jerky and snatchy.
Why no standard cruise control with the ride by wire?
Looks like they went to dual separate throttle bodies as opposed to just the single one for current models.
Throw in the possibility of synchronization issues down the road.
Euro 5 will mean the evap control system appears on the bike in Canada.
More plumbing and hardware.
The LED turn signals look tiny.
I hope the seat slope issue has been addressed.
What is your information source for the “dual separate throttle bodies” comment?

I‘m not saying you’re wrong, but I am skeptical about that because the current NC engine cylinder head has only one air intake port. The intake manifold that divides the path to feed the two cylinders is internal to the head casting. So to go to two separate throttle bodies, the NC cylinder head would have had to be redesigned. If there is a claim that two throttle bodies are now employed, is there also information on the cylinder head redesign?

Reactions: MZ5
Noting the second American Honda web site error. The specifications for the 2021 model state a 3.8 gallon fuel capacity. Did the fuel tank gain a few ounces? We don’t know. The features section for the same model says the fuel capacity is 3.7 gallons. So, which is it?

Not sure if this is new for 2021, but the American Honda press release talks about auto-canceling turn signals:
The turn signals also auto-cancel; rather than using a simple timer, the system compares front and rear wheel-speed difference and calculates when to cancel relative to the situation.

I believe the main (right side) picture of the ‘manual’ transmission model is a picture of the DCT model. Zoom in and you’ll see what I believe is the small tranny oil filter cover.

I’m glad the NCX is entering its 10th model year in the USA!

What is your information source for the “dual separate throttle bodies” comment?

I‘m not saying you’re wrong, but I am skeptical about that because the current NC engine cylinder head has only one air intake port. The intake manifold that divides the path to feed the two cylinders is internal to the head casting. So to go to two separate throttle bodies, the NC cylinder head would have had to be redesigned. If there is a claim that two throttle bodies are now employed, is there also information on the cylinder head redesign?
My source is the published specs on the Canadian website:

The copy/paste:

"Fuel Delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 36 mm throttle bodies"

Notice the plural of body?

Maybe it's another error, maybe not,

Everyone is likely to have a different reaction to the 2021 model. I read through the press release and the specs. All things seem to be heading in the right direction, except, for me, the reduction in suspension travel. I realize there is a large population of riders that need the lowered seat, but for me the old seat height was fine. Sadly, there is no increase in fuel tank capacity. I think Honda skimps on fuel tank size across all of their models, so I guess I shouldn’t expect them to single out the NC for fuel tank size increase.

If I look at what I would get with a 2021 manual vs my 2012, the main equation is that I gain ABS, and I lose suspension travel. The rest of the changes, including throttle by wire, are of little importance to me, and because I would need to start all over again with the estimated 40 modifications I have done, I’ll just keep my 2012.

Using the old software version analogy, in 10 model years, Honda has worked through NCX version 1.0 up to about 1.3. I’ll wait for NCX 2.0

I just put a deposit down for the 2021 NC750X DCT. I’m upgrading from two bikes, a Honda 750 Nighthawk and a 250 scooter, and this just seemed to be the best of both. My dealer had a 2017 for sale and it was great, but my few hesitations (like lower seat height) seem to have been addressed in the 2021.
Can’t wait until May to really check it out.

Back