• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750 triple tree torque

Also known as the Lower Triple Tree. I am curious about the proper torque for the 2021 Lower Triple Tree bolt. Since my original post in some internet research I found that the torque spec for a much earlier NC700. I would assume it hasn't changed.

Last edited:
In my 2012 NC700X Honda service manual, under the front wheel/suspension/steering section, the torque specification for the “Bottom bridge pinch bolt”, quantity 2, 10 mm thread, is 39 Nm. Someone with a 2021 service manual could confirm if the value is unchanged for ‘21.

In my 2012 NC700X Honda service manual, under the front wheel/suspension/steering section, the torque specification for the “Bottom bridge pinch bolt”, quantity 2, 10 mm thread, is 39 Nm. Someone with a 2021 service manual could confirm if the value is unchanged for ‘21.
Several years ago some other forum member posted torque specs on a google drive document.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mq7t9Y5Jdf0LY_VbTrgiuqhZPrCg10LjpVNryXei__o/pubhtml
That chart lists the same thing, however it has 29 NM in one column and 39 foot pounds in the other column. However 39 NM is 29 foot pounds and 29 NM is about 21.4 ft lbs.
I am confused, since on the chart in the spreadsheet it properly shows a higher number for Newton Meters and a lower number for foot pounds for all other bolts, whereas for the bottom bridge pinch bolt it is a lower number for Newton Meters at 29 and a higher number for foot pounds at 39.
From the chart:
Bottom bridge pinch bolt 2, 10mm 29 (39)
Top bridge pinch bolt 2, 8mm 22 (16)

I am confused since the chart either did the conversion in the wrong direction, or it was a typo. To convert Foot Pounds to Newton Meters you multiply by 1.356.

Last edited:
Helpful member fct37 sent me a message stating that he has the 2021-2022 manual.
He quoted the new book at:
bottom bridge pinch bolts 39 N.m(4.0 kgf.m, 29 lbf.ft)
Top bridge pinch bolts 22 N.m(2.2kgf.m, 16 lbf.ft)

That would be the proper conversion factor.
Thanks to fct37 and to 670cc.

Regarding other things front end, is the torque specified for the 2021 and 2022 front axle pinch bolt still 22 Nm as it was in the past?
What I want to do is a simple 5 degree straightening of the handlebar versus the front wheel. After a little jolt my wife encountered, her fork seems to be slightly twisted. The method of re-aligning the fork is simple enough. I am simply verifying the torque needed for the front lower triple clamp (triple tree) and front axle pinch bolt.

Just a general question on bolt tightening on triple clamps. I have found on various bikes when tightening the bolts, that occasionally a bolt will bind when close to the recommended torque, especially when a steel bolt is being tightened into an alloy clamp.

Is it considered advisable to put some anti seize paste on the bolt to alleviate this or could that be tantamount to lubing the bolt ?

Just a general question on bolt tightening on triple clamps. I have found on various bikes when tightening the bolts, that occasionally a bolt will bind when close to the recommended torque, especially when a steel bolt is being tightened into an alloy clamp.

Is it considered advisable to put some anti seize paste on the bolt to alleviate this or could that be tantamount to lubing the bolt ?
Old post and you may have answered your question but by all means folks should know that anti-seize or any grease at all dramatically changes the torque values used. My repair book for my BMW states that if you use anti-seize, you should reduce the amount of torque setting by 25% or so. Point being, don't torque things to the "normal" amount if greased.

Old post and you may have answered your question but by all means folks should know that anti-seize or any grease at all dramatically changes the torque values used. My repair book for my BMW states that if you use anti-seize, you should reduce the amount of torque setting by 25% or so. Point being, don't torque things to the "normal" amount if greased.

Thanks for that.

Also make sure there is no grease or anti seize on the end of the bolt. The grease can't compress thus not allowing the bolt to fully tighten - saw this on a youtube video so I thought I'd pass it on. Not sure of the validity of this but it makes sense.

Back