• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question 2021 NC official description is not true?

New LCD display
The 2021 NC750X boasts an all-new full-colour LCD instrument display, which includes an indicator showing which riding mode you’ve selected via the switch on the left handlebar.
Agreed, the instrument display, taken as a whole, is:
1) All-new (definitely different design than previous)
2) Full-Colour (there are colours on the instrument display, just not on the screen itself)
3) LCD (for the screen itself)
Technically correct, but perhaps a bit misleading.

I'm assuming the auto-cancelling lights is one of those "reserve the right to make changes at any time" things as I've seen it listed in "review articles" (pre-release hype ads) but it seems to be absent from the Honda Canada site (and perhaps more official sites as well). Probably had one in development, but couldn't get it to work the way they wanted before the target release date, so it got cut last minute.

I expect everything is defensible from a legal perspective, and I wouldn't necessarily consider it Honda being malicious. A combination of well-intentioned features that didn't pan out, and "marketing spin" that practically every manufacturer is using to make their product sound more appealing.

I'll admit I was disappointed that the self cancelling turn signals and emergency rear turn signal flashers were not included after being initially promoted (as they are for the NT 1100), but in the end it's no big deal.

Hello,
After viewing this video it seems that the NC750x 2021 has this function (emergency braking lights), maybe it's not available on all markets. I did not check mine and after seeing this video this is the first thing that I'll check next season.

Hello,
After viewing this video it seems that the NC750x 2021 has this function (emergency braking lights), maybe it's not available on all markets. I did not check mine and after seeing this video this is the first thing that I'll check next season.
Availability of a feature such as emergency flashing braking lights will most likely be dictated by vehicle lighting rules in the local markets. I have not read the US federal vehicle code for these type of flashing lights, but it is possible that they maybe illegal here (and perhaps illegal in Canada).

Hello,

I scanned the vid ( hard to watch a 26 min vid when you dont understand the language) and didnt see them, did they just talk about them? If they are shown, at what minute mark in the vid?

Does your bike have self cancelling turn signals?

Availability of a feature such as emergency flashing braking lights will most likely be dictated by vehicle lighting rules in the local markets. I have not read the US federal vehicle code for these type of flashing lights, but it is possible that they maybe illegal here (and perhaps illegal in Canada).
Transport Canada Technical Standards Document No. 108, Revision 7
Table I-c, Required Lamps and Reflective Devices, All Motorcycles
Stop Lamps, Steady Burning.
To note, the same table allows for modulated headlamps subject to another section of rules, which give things like cycle and intensity limits.

Further, where each province is responsible for their own motor vehicle legislation, the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicle Act only allows for flashing lights on emergency/tow truck/road construction vehicles when required, specifically noting that the restriction does not apply to turn signals or 4-way hazard lamps. For clarity, they specifically say any flashing lights not required or permitted by the act are prohibited. From my readings, there is no allowance for flashing brake lights.

Strictly from an OEM compliance level, it appears that a flashing brake light would not be permitted in Canada. I imagine Honda would not be able to sell a bike with this feature in Canada.
Also important to note that TC TSD 108 is (in classic Canada style) a photocopy of a US DOT document (FMVSS108) with some minor "you can copy my homework, but change it up a little so the teacher doesn't notice" changes.
If someone were to wire in an aftermarket unit, it would appear to still be prohibited, but you might get away with it claiming you rapidly engaged and released the brakes rather than had equipment that flashed the light.

After that I wrote to the responsible site manager of the offical honda website in Sweden, and pointed out the issue with the LCDs full colorness and the non existence of the self canceling turnsignal. They seem to have removed the later claim.
Regarding the emergency brake indication function. This is claimed to be an available function on the website. I tested it for a week or so ago, just shortly, mine did not flash. I will try it again in the spring.

If someone were to wire in an aftermarket unit, it would appear to still be prohibited
Very true.
I wired in a modulated red extra brake light on my Goldwing where the rear reflector was located.
On selling the bike, the buyer tried to register the bike and it failed the safety compliance inspection due to "flashing rear brake light".

I added the very same extra brake light on my NC, but this time didn't modulate it.
Likely the NC would also fail a safety compliance inspection, because I replaced the OEM rear reflector with the extra brake light.

I wonder how many of these motorcycle decision makers have even ridden a motorcycle.

I scanned the vid ( hard to watch a 26 min vid when you dont understand the language) and didnt see them, did they just talk about them? If they are shown, at what minute mark in the vid?

Does your bike have self cancelling turn signals?
You can see them working and in action starting at 2:30. I did not check mine and I did not know that this bike had this function until I saw this video.

Oh yea, thanks. those are nice. I guess you could thumb the emergency 4 way flasher and get the same result if you thought about it and were quick enough.

Very true.
I wired in a modulated red extra brake light on my Goldwing where the rear reflector was located.
On selling the bike, the buyer tried to register the bike and it failed the safety compliance inspection due to "flashing rear brake light".

I added the very same extra brake light on my NC, but this time didn't modulate it.
Likely the NC would also fail a safety compliance inspection, because I replaced the OEM rear reflector with the extra brake light.

I wonder how many of these motorcycle decision makers have even ridden a motorcycle.
Rear reflectors are "required equipment" per the same regulations.
I'm still not exactly clear on whether these regulations apply strictly to the MANUFACTURE of vehicles, and aftermarket regulated by provincial legislation or not, in which case it's possible that the rear reflector is not required on YOUR (in service) vehicle, but is required when Honda sells it to you. The language of the Federal documents suggest the requirements are applicable to certifying the vehicle at the factory/import level, and not necessarily for the end-user, but I didn't see anything clarifying either way. Admittedly, I didn't read everything in great detail, so I could be missing something straightforward.

Rear reflectors are "required equipment" per the same regulations.
I'm still not exactly clear on whether these regulations apply strictly to the MANUFACTURE of vehicles, and aftermarket regulated by provincial legislation or not, in which case it's possible that the rear reflector is not required on YOUR (in service) vehicle, but is required when Honda sells it to you. The language of the Federal documents suggest the requirements are applicable to certifying the vehicle at the factory/import level, and not necessarily for the end-user, but I didn't see anything clarifying either way. Admittedly, I didn't read everything in great detail, so I could be missing something straightforward.
I have no doubt the absence of the OEM rear reflector would result in non-compliance.
When I eventually sell the NC I will remove the extra LED brake light and re-install the reflector.
After the Goldwing episode failing compliance , I no longer throw those 25 cent reflectors in the garbage after removal.

I have no doubt the absence of the OEM rear reflector would result in non-compliance.
When I eventually sell the NC I will remove the extra LED brake light and re-install the reflector.
After the Goldwing episode failing compliance , I no longer throw those 25 cent reflectors in the garbage after removal.
In NS, we have to get an MVI every 2 years. There are certain shops that will not pass if you have pretty much any after market lighting, but it seems to be very subjective based on who is doing the inspection.
Always smart to retain all OEM bits, just in case. I know I've been considering modifying the tail on mine, but if I did I'd probably keep the OEM tail and reinstall every 2 years to be sure I could pass inspection, then take it right back off again. :p

The indicators also auto-cancel; rather than using a simple timer, the system compares front and rear wheel speed difference and calculates when to cancel the indication relative to the situation.
Shows at
second search on simple finds the para.

The indicators also auto-cancel; rather than using a simple timer, the system compares front and rear wheel speed difference and calculates when to cancel the indication relative to the situation.
Shows at

Maybe in the UK, but not in the USA

Shows at
There is not much front to rear wheel speed difference during a lane change. What then, defer to a timer? How would the signals know when you have completed a lane change, or that you intended to turn a corner, not a lane change? For corners, how would the signals know the distance before the corner that the signal was activated? Wait so long, then give up? Use a timer? Decide it was a lane change and not a corner, then time out at some point? I don’t know how this system is designed, but I’d be interested to hear from actual users how well this auto cancel works.

The reason I am curious is that my Goldwing has simpler auto cancel signals and I hate them. I wonder how well Honda has been able to improve upon the old systems.

As noted in the prior post, the feature does not exist on 2021 USA NC750X models.

There is not much front to rear wheel speed difference during a lane change. What then, defer to a timer? How would the signals know when you have completed a lane change, or that you intended to turn a corner, not a lane change? For corners, how would the signals know the distance before the corner that the signal was activated? Wait so long, then give up? Use a timer? Decide it was a lane change and not a corner, then time out at some point? I don’t know how this system is designed, but I’d be interested to hear from actual users how well this auto cancel works.

The reason I am curious is that my Goldwing has simpler auto cancel signals and I hate them. I wonder how well Honda has been able to improve upon the old systems.
I know of some Harley's with auto signals that respond to a few different triggers. If I recall correctly, they cancel based on time, a tip sensor, and speed. Not sure the exact logic, but the speed reading is used to tell the system whether you are moving (to set the timer) or stopped (to ignore the time and look for the tip) I think. Probably fancier than that, but I don't know the details.
I still hate them, because they have the split switches (one button on each side) and to cancel you push the button again. So when they self-cancel, I end up turning then back on when I go to "cancel" them...
Give me a "user-cancel" signal any day.

So does yours have self cancelling turn signals stylus? If so how do they work in the real world?
I don't think so, I did not even "try" the emergency auto blinkers, I have to wait for Spring to arrive in order to check if I have this function enabled or not.

Back