• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question 2021 NC official description is not true?

Kallekalave

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2021 NC750X. According to the Honda official website the bike should have a full-color LCD and self-canceling turn signals.
I do only have a one color LCD, with red background here and there, like a 1980 Donkey Kong, calling it full color is a bit of a stretch. Also my turn signals does not self cancel at all. There is no such function on this bike. Anybody else have the same ”issue”?

Last edited:
yea they advertised that they would have self canceling t/s, but they are standard push to cancel. They also said it had a function in the taillight/rear turn signals that it emergency flashed if you had to decelerate quickly. Doesn't have that either.

They are advertising the same thing for the new NT1100 but I will believe it when I see it.

From the Honda EU website, I see many photos of the 2021 NC750X. The instrument panel is displayed in the photos. It looks like a monochrome LCD with some permanent red markings on the background sheet. Did you get something that is different than in the web site photos?

The self cancelling turn signal feature probably varies by market area. The USA did not get that feature. I did not see any mention of self cancelling turn signals on the EU 21 MY NC750X press release, but I may have overlooked it. https://hondanews.eu/eu/en/motorcycles/media/pressreleases/312520/21ym-honda-nc750x

Honda makes mistakes in their marketing. One year, for a brief while, the North American Honda NC specs page showed two front disks. But, of course, the actual model had only one.

A37A902B-1177-4183-9402-7E75BDA99DC1.jpeg

Last edited:
I live in Sweden. Here on the official website it says full color LCD, a computer screen is full color LCD. The NC750X screen is monocrome as you write.
Here it also states that the NC750X is equiped with a self canceling turn signal, and the functionality is described to be more then just time controlled etc.
In Sweden this kind of advertizing is illegal. As it should be, this is not a typing error. An offical site must be accurate. Otherwise you start to wonder what else is not true.

yea they advertised that they would have self canceling t/s, but they are standard push to cancel. They also said it had a function in the taillight/rear turn signals that it emergency flashed if you had to decelerate quickly. Doesn't have that either.

They are advertising the same thing for the new NT1100 but I will believe it when I see it.
I have not tested the tailight emergency function yet. I will try it this weekend. We as consumers must be able to trust the manufacturers when they claim a functionality.

I live in Sweden. Here on the official website it says full color LCD, a computer screen is full color LCD. The NC750X screen is monocrome as you write.
Here it also states that the NC750X is equiped with a self canceling turn signal, and the functionality is described to be more then just time controlled etc.
In Sweden this kind of advertizing is illegal. As it should be, this is not a typing error. An offical site must be accurate. Otherwise you start to wonder what else is not true.
I’m curious to see the marketing claims. Do you have a link or URL for the web site?

Official as a site may be, they generally always claim that they reserve the right to make product changes.

As a side note, my older Goldwing has self cancelling signals that frustrate me so much I am going to try to defeat that feature this winter and make them manual cancel only.

Link to the website. As you say they also have that claim (in swedish), but how much incorrect information can you write and still apply the claim. There must be some sort of regulation like anti-trust or something stopping this. Companies should compete with facts, functions and price not with false information. Anyhow next week i will have the bike serviced, then i will ask the mechanic to check so that the bike is ok, and that the mentioned functions are not just malfunctioning on my bike.

Last edited:
Link to the website. As you say they also have that claim (in swedish), but how much incorrect information can you write and still apply the claim. There must be some sort of regulation like anti-trust or something stopping this. Companies should compete with facts and functions not with false information.
I expect that the disclaimer would cover them as long as some versions have the features. I expect you would then have to prove that they intentionally mislead consumers vice copy/paste errors, or last minute decisions to include fewer features on certain models.
If none of their versions had any of the features, they still might get away with it if they could prove that until recently, the design plan included them and they were dropped shortly before production.
Not saying that they wouldn't try and wiggle out of obligations by making these claims falsely either, just that the burden of proof would rest with the accuser, and it would be near impossible to prove they acted in bad faith, which I would imagine is the deciding factor to whether their advertisement was "false" or not.

I expect that the disclaimer would cover them as long as some versions have the features. I expect you would then have to prove that they intentionally mislead consumers vice copy/paste errors, or last minute decisions to include fewer features on certain models.
If none of their versions had any of the features, they still might get away with it if they could prove that until recently, the design plan included them and they were dropped shortly before production.
Not saying that they wouldn't try and wiggle out of obligations by making these claims falsely either, just that the burden of proof would rest with the accuser, and it would be near impossible to prove they acted in bad faith, which I would imagine is the deciding factor to whether their advertisement was "false" or not.
I have sent the question about the features to the swedish official website owner to see what they say. If I am not happy with the answer I will ask the swedish consumer agency if this is ok or not. Normally in Sweden they can do a proper investigation to protect consumer intrests.

I do love my NC and do not miss the claimed functions. I just do not like the feeling that everything is not right, and what else I might found as incorrect.

I have sent the question about the features to the swedish official website owner to see what they say. If I am not happy with the answer I will ask the swedish consumer agency if this is ok or not. Normally in Sweden they can do a proper investigation to protect consumer intrests.
Definitely worth the ask. I think we have a similar consumer protection agency here in Canada at both a Federal and Provincial level.
Ultimately, the Honda lawyers are going to try and use (abuse?) the "we try to be accurate, but maybe we're not, and also we can change anything we want" clause to justify anything and there is going to be a line somewhere that divides "honest" incorrect or vague advertisement and malicious false advertisement. It's good that there's an impartial (I assume) organization to "represent" the general population rather than having to fight them yourself. I know I'm interested to hear the outcome, best of luck!

Also, I'm wondering if any of the segments on the LCD are coloured? I don't mean a background colour (like the red below the bottom segment of the fuel gauge), I mean the actual segment. Technically (though certainly misleadingly) if they had, for example, a few segments of the tach in red, it's a "colour LCD". Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side here, just that there are many ways where the line between "false" and "misleading" can be blurry.

My 21 DCT had colored bars in the upper rh corner that changed colors, about 6 colors, with every upshift and downshift. I turned it off. It also flashes a color when you start it or change modes, or select up or down to check different things. I find it kind of silly but itis what it is.

Every once in ashile a purple bar will flash 3 times. Have no idea what that is about. I just ignore it.

My 21 DCT had colored bars in the upper rh corner that changed colors, about 6 colors, with every upshift and downshift. I turned it off. It also flashes a color when you start it or change modes, or select up or down to check different things. I find it kind of silly but itis what it is.

Every once in ashile a purple bar will flash 3 times. Have no idea what that is about. I just ignore it.
Is it on the LCD display, or is it a separate LED (or other) light outside of the "screen" area?

Yes I have that but it is not the LCD screen it a separate led light outside the screen. It does not make it a full color led screen. But i can now see on the Canadian Honda webpage this must be what they mean.

So far, all varieties of the NC700/750 combination meter LCD digital display are monochrome fixed segment type of LCD displays. The 2016-2020 NC750 models have a segment's color inversion from black to white with a blue LED backlight. Also the colors of the tachometer segments can be changed in the setting.
For the 2021, 2022 models, the digital display has been changed again to black segments with bright white LED backlight. I think such a solution is better in full sunlight.
It is very difficult and expensive to make a full color LCD display that is clearly visible in full sunlight. Even the best laptops or smartphones with LCD screen do not have this capability. Apparently, the last iPhone 13 has a pretty good display in full sun, but this is the latest generation of AMOLED.

I pasted the language from the Canadian web site below. In a way, it is a full-colour display, which includes a (monochrome) LCD instrument, and a multi colour display indicating riding mode. It seems like Honda is carefully choosing words to be suggestive of more than what is really there. They are good at that. And, of course, the disclaimer usually follows, in case they step over the line a little. I think this marketing style ultimately means “buyer beware” when it comes to anything Honda.

By their language, the full color display includes the coloured ride mode indicator, hence making it full colour.

“New LCD display
The 2021 NC750X boasts an all-new full-colour LCD instrument display, which includes an indicator showing which riding mode you’ve selected via the switch on the left handlebar.

Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.”

Here is a partial MS Edge-Bing translation from the official Honda Japanese website about the 2021 NC750X. It mentions "multi color line display" as it is in the owner's manual.
It is possible that this was a source of confusion for Swedish writers or... "lost in translation". Nothing to worry about. It's just an "honest mistake".

Jap 1.jpg

jap 2.jpg

I think I have a idea of what is going on. The text on the swedish website is very similar (almost the same) as the text on some other sites around the world, including the one I linked to here. I would guess that the pre-sale information to distributors and press included the mentioned auto canceling function but the final product did not include it. Most of the official sites globaly has corrected the information, but not the swedish one and also not the US one liked to below, which seems to be an official site and with describes the auto-cancelling function of the turn signal. When it comes to the full color screen, it is a question of interpretation, eventhough i think the description made by Honda can be missleading. https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2021/2021-honda-nc750x

Last edited:
I'll admit I was disappointed that the self cancelling turn signals and emergency rear turn signal flashers were not included after being initially promoted (as they are for the NT 1100), but in the end it's no big deal.

Back