• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 Honda CT125 Hunter Cub Is Official

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
A Cub for the Trails​

I’ve reported on the 2021 Honda CT125 that has been in the works a few times now, but now the company has made the bike official. The motorcycle gets a new name, too. It’s called the CT125 Hunter Cub. The motorcycle has only been announced for the Japanese market at this time, but I would suspect it will go global soon.

The motorcycle was supposed to make its official debut at the Osaka Motorcycle Show, but that didn’t happen due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The motorcycle will be instead showcased in a virtual motorcycle show on March 27th.

As far as what you’re getting in this bike, it’s essentially the Super Cub that Honda sells but reworked for off-road use. The motorcycle offers 4.3 inches of travel, which is up over the Super Cub’s 3.5 inches of suspension travel. The motorcycle also gets a scrambler-style exhaust and some protection for the horizontally oriented engine.

Honda CT125 Hunter Cub

Speaking of the engine, it’s a 124cc single with a centrifugal clutch and a semi-automatic gearbox. It’s all pretty much the same as the Super Cub, but the CT125 gets a different air intake. Honda said the engine makes 8.7 hp and 8.1 lb-ft of torque. The motorcycle gets disc brakes upfront and in the rear. The entire bike weighs just 265 pounds. The price is 440,000 yen (US$3952). I expect that once Honda brings the CT125 to the States that it will come in around the $4,000 mark.

The post 2021 Honda CT125 Hunter Cub Is Official appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Very nice! Too bad there’s not a frunk in front of the seat.

I liked it when motorcycles had actual rear fenders.

The condition of our local roads has gotten so bad that extra suspension travel has become a necessity.

I agree about missing actual rear fenders. Almost all modern bikes seem to have what I call "the stink bug look" with lots of daylight between the rear pillion and the wheel and when riding in wet conditions, it just throws all that junk upward. Even the Huggers on the market are way too short and don't do much except keep the rear shock clean. :-(

If the numbers I've seen are correct, it's crazy heavy compared to the classic CT90/110. Those went about 180 lbs and this is 264. The former I could one man lift into a pick up or van. That also gets a little sketchy with my class II hitch + carrier.

I can't understand how modern materials and manufacturing would add that much weight. You'd think they'd reduce it.

I'm someone who has wanted this bike made for 20 years...it's coming soon and it's heavy.

If the numbers I've seen are correct, it's crazy heavy compared to the classic CT90/110. Those went about 180 lbs and this is 264. The former I could one man lift into a pick up or van. That also gets a little sketchy with my class II hitch + carrier.

I can't understand how modern materials and manufacturing would add that much weight. You'd think they'd reduce it.

I'm someone who has wanted this bike made for 20 years...it's coming soon and it's heavy.

Seems the C125 Super Cub is only 22 lbs lighter. They are all getting a little porky nowadays . The Hunter is obviously a direct decendant of the Australian Postie Bike on which some folks have done some near world tours. Imho these light little bikes are now the way to go for such tours suitably set up.

Seems the C125 Super Cub is only 22 lbs lighter. They are all getting a little porky nowadays . The Hunter is obviously a direct decendant of the Australian Postie Bike on which some folks have done some near world tours. Imho these light little bikes are now the way to go for such tours suitably set up.

My first bike as a kid was a CT90. Loved that thing. I bought it for 15 dollars at a swap meet when I was twelve and a year and about 80 bucks later I had it running. Made me a Honda fan for life, too.

Those original CT90s/110s were from a more relaxed time when recalls and lawsuits were not a way of life.

I'd buy a used Yamaha XT225 or Honda CRF230L or something like that if I wanted something in this weight class that might ride a bumper carrier, in spite of the nostalgia which the Hunter Cub evokes. But it's still garnered a lot of attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long fall to the crotch bar ; } ...Still, pretty cool, and anybody of legal riding age could flatfoot it. One could take the vintage Trails just about anywhere, pretty amazing little bikes.

Honda-ct125-hunter-cub-4a-768x514.jpg

No sign of them in Europe yet. I certainly will line up for a demo ride on one when they do.

Very nice! Too bad there’s not a frunk in front of the seat.

There is.
I have a soft color matched 2 handled bag that sits on a (on order) luggage carrier.

With adjustable bungie cord coming across seat from rear carrier and a short nylon cord on each bag handle for multiple adjustability, I'm all set.
I've carried a full plastic 5 gallon diesel can there (short distance). With load between legs and out of the wind it is easily monitored.

I now have a National Cycle deflector screen with Quick Set mounts (as opposed to the old bolt/washer/nut set up, making it easy to recenter over time.

Attachments

• tempImageDxyOZR.png
    tempImageDxyOZR.png
    16.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The Cub Success Story, IMO, is that it always had full sized 17" tires, allowing it to ride like a motorcycle; not a scooter. When one thinks about it, this is huge.
Granted, it is limited to the city limits. I will not ride with the throttle pinned continuously; no engine outside of racing should be run that way. A different ride is needed for that.
My cub just past 5K miles. Both valves were tight; adjusted. Oil and brake fluid changes. Have a CT on order that replaced a zero hour new 17 CRF230F. Blue Skies Green Lights.

The Cub Success Story, IMO, is that it always had full sized 17" tires, allowing it to ride like a motorcycle; not a scooter. When one thinks about it, this is huge.
Granted, it is limited to the city limits. I will not ride with the throttle pinned continuously; no engine outside of racing should be run that way. A different ride is needed for that.
My cub just past 5K miles. Both valves were tight; adjusted. Oil and brake fluid changes. Have a CT on order that replaced a zero hour new 17 CRF230F. Blue Skies Green Lights.
It’s a Honda. We run Ruckus 49cc engines at or near full throttle and redline all the time. No problem with engine longevity, over ten years and 5000 miles later.

Last edited:
It’s a Honda. We run Ruckus 49cc engines at or near full throttle and redline all the time. No problem with engine longevity, over ten years and 5000 miles later.
My 1981 BMW R100 owner's manual had a page with horsepower spec given at "maximum continuous rated horsepower" which was IIRC stated on the graph as 7200 rpm. The tach redline area started at 7200 rpm. In other words the engine was rated to run at 7200 continuously all day every day without exceeding design parameters. Single cylinder Honda engines never cease to amaze me. My '86 Elite 80 must be turning 8 or 9,000 rpm at full throttle and 42 mph and the mirrors are absolutely clear even at 8500+ miles on the odometer. My 1982 Passport 70 was the same at 20,000+ miles. Massively overbuilt engines those little OHC singles. Honda built 50cc racing engines that turned 21,000 rpm during the 60s while simultaneously designing these lay-down single cylinder 50s and 90s that are considered understressed at 8,000 rpm.

I agree.

These small engines are limited in power via FI but bearings will wear. Race conditions are the only time any engine is pinned continuously.
I have elMO pinned in 4th climbing the 2 mile Hill lugged down to about 20 MPH, drop to 3rd on right hander, 2nd if next left hander is slimy, back up through the gears as I near the top; with a lot of lugging going on.
FI knows to limit fuel so as not to overheat bearings. Correct fuel mapping allows for long engine life for modern engines, even in pinned or lugging conditions. elMO runs one 12 mile country road, nothing else.

I've spoke of this before. I toured the Honda Anna Engine Plant in OH twice. At one station there's a pile of rejected crankshafts. Also, plain bearing tolerances are at 4 decimal points on a new engine assembly. Overhaul pieces are 3 decimals, perhaps even 2.
I had a bought new Scag mower with a twin cylinder 500cc Kawasaki engine that vibrated much more than my 360cc Honda powered BCS sickle mower. Carb adjustment was very difficult. My 125 cub is glass smooth.

Last edited:
Cub Model Kits
1968 C100, 2009-2017 C110 Honda Motor Company 60th Anniversary (2019)
Rolling rubber tires, seat opens, fork/main/side stands rotate. No running engine however.
Although no glue required, a small number of pieces need it.

Attachments

• tempImageSuDVGe.png
    tempImageSuDVGe.png
    11.9 MB · Views: 6
  • tempImageUSJ7zs.png
    tempImageUSJ7zs.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 6
  • tempImageeKBciu.png
    tempImageeKBciu.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
American Honda has the CT at $3.85K now, the C at $3.9K. I got out the door with a C for $3.9K Apr 2019.
I would not be surprised to being over $4k OTD when I pick the CT up in a few months, hopefully.

Worldwide prices are continually going up very quickly now after the crap going on with the US economy........but I'm not allowed to talk about it.

I asked the ebay seller if they may offer the CT; they knew nothing of this model; I sent them images.

Last edited:
Back