• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left Flagstaff, AZ July 6th. Rode up to Lake Powell, then to first camp at Duck Creek Village campsite in Utah. 9,200 ft elevation. To Cedar City to Salt Lake City. Couldn't find open campsite there. So on to McCamman, Idaho. Stayed 2 night's there. Shot over to Lava Springs, then to Twin Falls, ID. There I went to Shoshone falls and rode up Evil Kenevils Snake River jump ramp. Then camped at Sawtooth NF. Drove into Hansen Idaho. Locals there invited me to Snake River Brothers Harley bike rally at Murtaugh Lake. 2 night's of music and booze. Great people. Then to Idaho Falls and camped at Palasade resivor. By Alpine Junction, Wyoming. On to Jackson Hole then Grand Teton. Camped 2 night's at Grassy Lake resivor. It's between Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Then thru Yellowstone to Gardener, MT. North entrance to Yellowstone. Camped 4 nights there. Then out NE entrance to Yellowstone at Cook City. Over Beartooth Pass down to Red Lodge. 2 night's there. Then to Billings to Livingston to Gardiner. One night. Back into Yellowstone to Yellowstone Lake to West Yellowstone. One night. Then to Enis, Virginia City, Nevada City, Earthquake lake to Butte. 2 night's there. On to Missoula, up East side of Flathead lake, to Kalispell, to Hungry Horse. 9 nights there. Hit Watton- Glacier International Park. Did Going to Sun road to Logan's Pass. Where I saw greenboy taking pics of mountain goats. We didn't meet up though. Rode up to closed Canada port on West side of GNP. Also rode South of GNP to Roosevelt National Monument. First time eating huckleberry's. Damm Good!!. Then to Sandy Point where I rode up to open Canadian Port. No entry though. Down to Granite, ID. One night.on to Spokane Valley for new rear tire. Changed oil back in Kalispell. New rear tire then to Yakama, to Morton, WA. One night. To Tacoma and up to Bainbridge Island. 2 night's. Took NC for ride on ferry boat to Seattle. Had to warranty exchange my Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite Plus air mattress at their factory. Drove by Mariners and Hawks stadium up to Space Needle. Back on ferry to Bainbridge Island. Onto Crescent Lake campground. One night. Then down Pacific Coast. Ruby beach and on to Portland, OR. Stayed a week at friends place. Picked up brake pads in Tiggar. Then back up I5 to West side of Mt. St. Helen. Crazy view and she's still steaming. Camped one night West of Park. Then back up to Morton and one night again. Up to West side of Mt. Ranier to Paradise lodge to La la something campground one night. Down to East side of MT. St.Helen out Windy road that dead ends after 25 miles. East side of blast zone. Climb up wood steps. And you can see MT. St. Helen, Mt. Ranier, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood all from this view point. Will finish rest of trip tomorrow.

Final piece of my top box LED brake/turn light project is done! This adapter uses OEM-style HC .050 connectors that plug into the tail light and turn signal connectors inside the rear wheel inner fender, so no cutting or splicing of the original wiring is required. This way, the top box light and be easily installed and removed, putting the bike back to a completely stock configuration.

Quick preview video:

I will be making a separate forum post with a detailed description of the project sometime in the future.

IMG_5923.jpg IMG_5924.jpg

Installed a Russell’s Day Long seat on my wife’s NC700x. Wow. It looks a bit funky but wow. Almost turns an NC into a Goldwing. Well maybe not quite. But still wow.

Since I was home alone today (didn't travel to see family, and my wife had to work), I went for a ride! Just 10 miles to go before the big 10K, 3448 of which I put on.

IMG_6065.jpg

Finally got access to the front sprocket after an hour removing bodywork. I will shortly replace the chain and sprockets. Then more bodywork off to get at the head for Valve clearance purposes.

IMG_0400.JPG

I looked at it with sadness as it resides in my basement waiting for spring. I will be adding front LED driving lights and Givi panniers soon as well as resealing the front forks, maybe looking at a spring upgrade at the same time. Winter sucks.....

Installed a Russell’s Day Long seat on my wife’s NC700x. Wow. It looks a bit funky but wow. Almost turns an NC into a Goldwing. Well maybe not quite. But still wow.
A photo of that RDL seat installed on your wife’s NC700X would be welcome. From past discussions, I thought I understood that Russell would not build their seat for riders with shorter inseams. I also once tried an RDL myself, and even with a 32 inch inseam, the side wings on the seat prevented me from easily planting my feet on the ground.

I'll have to snap a photo. She has the stock rear seat with a 'quilted' riders seat.

Because her bike is LOWERED and because there is a 'air gap' when she stands over the bike at a stop, she has enough room to use the RDL with the 'wings' but if I were to switch this to my bike there is no way I could use it. I flat foot my stock height bike but there is no 'air gap' between me and the seat so I'd be tip toeing with this seat on my bike. I have a 33.33" inseam.
A photo of that RDL seat installed on your wife’s NC700X would be welcome. From past discussions, I though I understood that Russell would not build their seat for riders with shorter inseams. I also once tried an RDL myself, and even with a 32 inch inseam, the side wings on the seat prevented me from easily planting my feet on the ground

Congrats on reached 10,000 NC miles!

These numbers are just special to us in our base 10 number system. Can you imagine getting excited seeing FFFF on a hexadecimal odometer, and watching it roll over to 10000?! That would be like 65,536 miles in decimal! Or, 10000000000000000 in binary!!!

Last edited:
10,000 in binary= 10011100010000.....decimal system based on 10 much better for the odometers...hehehe
That’s true. In my post, the 10,000 (16) was hexadecimal, which converted to 65,536 (10) or 10000000000000000 binary. I guess this chance for confusion is why we stick to using a single common radix in society (outside of computer/scientific usage).

Cool! Also, I never noticed until now that the clock and ODO are swapped around. Is this because it is a DCT bike? Different model-year? US vs international market bike? I need to investigate now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back