• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as I do everyday ride to work and back lol with a little lunch joy ride in between. I am starting to get a perfect map of all the roads around here.

I am over here in the Northern neck peninsula. On the southwestern side I love to ride through Danville, South Boston, and Martinsville off of the highway of course. That whole area is beautiful I had grandparents there growing up though so I may be a little swayed by that lol. I also love all the roads around the blue ridge parkway just an awesome place to ride and pack a picnic haha.

I suppose I should ride my NC today. I've been on a WR250R jag lately, replacing chain and sprocket, doing some suspension adjustment and doing some off-pavement and some pavement. It's really been feeling great. But I love riding the NC too. But either way on either bike, I could have seen this, up in Glacier NP. To the upper left is Heavens Peak Lookout. It's actually on a long ridge 3 miles north of the summit and sits one side on the edge of a thousand-foot sheer drop. It was built in 1945 and is no longer in service but hopes are to restore it. ...Later ended up meeting a guy from Kansas riding a newer Versys (which I think is undersung) and spent way too much time talking about motorcycles and scenery. He really likes Blue Ridge Parkway, was blown away at how many colors there are in Glacier.

Better look at it on flickr where the re-compression and re-downsizing doesn't obscure detail and light..

2020-09-03 13;15;18 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the BRP also, but there are many great roads in the east. and yes, its mostly green. When I was just out of college I took a grad student from Arizona hiking in the Smoky's. He was blown away. Kept talking about all the trees.

I love the BRP also, but there are many great roads in the east. and yes, its mostly green. When I was just out of college I took a grad student from Arizona hiking in the Smoky's. He was blown away. Kept talking about all the trees.
Yes, there's great places still around for the finding. My biggest gripe in Montana when it comes to road-biking is finding places to pull over for some of the views you see on the move. Narrow or non-existent shoulders on narrow roads, and when there are pullovers they are often uneven gravel pools starting 3 or 4 inches below the pavement's edge, with deep potholes and/or mud, sloping so that no kickstand can deal with them. Pshahhh!

Yes, there's great places still around for the finding. My biggest gripe in Montana when it comes to road-biking is finding places to pull over for some of the views you see on the move. Narrow or non-existent shoulders on narrow roads, and when there are pullovers they are often uneven gravel pools starting 3 or 4 inches below the pavement's edge, with deep potholes and/or mud, sloping so that no kickstand can deal with them. Pshahhh!
Where I live there are places to pull over, but there is no view that would make you want to pull over. I wish I had a view worth viewing. 8 foot tall corn gets rather monotonous after a while.

Where I live there are places to pull over, but there is no view that would make you want to pull over. I wish I had a view worth viewing. 8 foot tall corn gets rather monotonous after a while.
Cloud formations may be your eyes' only salvation. No interesting towns, lakes, etc?

Same as I do everyday ride to work and back lol with a little lunch joy ride in between. I am starting to get a perfect map of all the roads around here.
Much like you, many of the miles that I put on are strictly as a result of my daily commute. Nonetheless, I recently found myself inspired by greenboys constant barrage of awesome images.
I decided that I was going to spend my lunches finding some of my areas more scenic spots, little reprieves in the middle of the city. Unfortunately, most require a hike and I can't photograph the 20200828_172452.jpgNC, so they don't seem appropriate here.
Nonetheless, thanks greenboy as I have been inspired to create a nice little album of what I consider to be awesome shots of hidden goodies in the city.

I decided that I was going to spend my lunches finding some of my areas more scenic spots, little reprieves in the middle of the city. Unfortunately, most require a hike and I can't photograph the View attachment 42912NC, so they don't seem appropriate here.
Nonetheless, thanks greenboy as I have been inspired to create a nice little album of what I consider to be awesome shots of hidden goodies in the city.

It gets tiring making it about the bike and not the scene sometimes. ...Hope you get more likes than I ever have. At least then you'll feel like you're connecting with people. I should probably just delete my account here. Thanks, 76Hawke, for taking the time to sometimes comment and all that. I like that spot scene you just shared.

It gets tiring making it about the bike and not the scene sometimes. ...Hope you get more likes than I ever have. At least then you'll feel like you're connecting with people. I should probably just delete my account here. Thanks, 76Hawke, for taking the time to sometimes comment and all that. I like that spot scene you just shared.
I don't think anyone misses the bike with some of the awesome perspectives and places that you've been able to share. I for one would miss your contributions- the scenery and the feedback on bikes, earned through miles, not regurgitated marketing.
Its funny what the internet allows for, the ability to "connect ", communicate, and guide countless people, with records that can be accessed forever, and we could have no idea.
Anyhoo, thanks to you and many others that I have looked to for advice, or even "conversation" I appreciate the time and effort so many of you put into the various posts. I have thought about creating a thread in "The Bar" to simply say thanks to all of you that don't even know how helpful/entertaining you are.

On a different forum I used to post all kinds of pictures and rarely got comments or any indication people enjoyed them. That forum doesn't have a 'like' feature.

After a while I got tired of it and stopped. Much later people would see me in other topics and ask why I stopped posting the pictures they liked so much :rolleyes:

Today I pulled the cover off my bike and pushed it about ten feet. I need to replace my rear suspension, desperately. I am now in a pit of moto-depression

!

Well, Greenboy, I for one hope you never get tired of taking and posting your pictures. While I don’t always log-in when I come to the forum thereby not being able to “like” or comment, I consistently go to the threads to see your photos. They are stunning and I enjoy your comments on them as well. Shame on me for getting to the point of taking for granted what you spend hours doing. But don’t let our/my lack of courtesy and appreciation in the form of comments make you think you aren’t respected and appreciated for your skills with that camera. Whenever I think I’ve found a worthy shot for my photo files, I just let it go and come to see yours instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back