• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My C50 Boulevard needed a throttle assist along with my crampbuster I have on it..So I just took it off the Honda and put it on...
Ordered one of these for the Honda:...I need to stop working from home...Amazon is beginning to like me too much...
1590695996444.png

I do need to order an LED headlight for the Honda..
Just installed one of these on the cruiser (uses the same H4 type headlight as the Honda) and it is plug and play and it is brighter than the stock H4.
1590696154916.png

No clutch pulled in while stopped...accidentally hit throttle assist and aways you go.....I have a manual, so the few times I have accidentally touched it, rpms increased was all that happened.
Exactly.

My wife was on my bike one day and caught her glove or sleeve on the cramp buster while stopped next to a small farm field planted with corn. She came out the other side of the field a bit surprised but no worse for the wear; fortunately it was a small field and she had the presence of mind to keep going through it so she didn't get the bike stuck.

Happened to me, twice, but not through corn fields. Just too easy to cause a problem.

Ah. I never hit my throttle assist when I'm stopped unless someone can't tell green position changing from red. Then I really hit it. But I can well imagine doing it with one of those fat spoons.

Melensdad....when you going to come down and ride my part of the state..hehehe...more curves down here.
Covid sort of destroyed out plans as we were planning several trips to the Brown County area, using Bloomington as our base. Our daughter just graduated from IU's Law School and we have an apartment until July. But Covid and several other things got in the way of getting down there.

We also were planning Route 66 for this summer, but that has been cancelled due to a combination of Covid and the fact that we are licensed foster parents and now it looks like we will be getting a new foster son in a week or two.

We do have a trip planned for end of July to Boston to pick up our foreign exchange student "daughter" who has been stuck there. She will be starting Notre Dame on August 10th, move in date has not been established but we are guessing August 7th or 8th for freshman class. But the Boston trip will likely be in a pick up truck so we can bring back her gear.

So pretty much probably not going to make it to southern Indiana this summer. I think this summer may be the summer of 1/2 day rides out and back.

Covid sort of destroyed out plans as we were planning several trips to the Brown County area, using Bloomington as our base. Our daughter just graduated from IU's Law School and we have an apartment until July. But Covid and several other things got in the way of getting down there.

We also were planning Route 66 for this summer, but that has been cancelled due to a combination of Covid and the fact that we are licensed foster parents and now it looks like we will be getting a new foster son in a week or two.

We do have a trip planned for end of July to Boston to pick up our foreign exchange student "daughter" who has been stuck there. She will be starting Notre Dame on August 10th, move in date has not been established but we are guessing August 7th or 8th for freshman class. But the Boston trip will likely be in a pick up truck so we can bring back her gear.

So pretty much probably not going to make it to southern Indiana this summer. I think this summer may be the summer of 1/2 day rides out and back.
I can understand...My annual trip to the Smokies 2 weeks ago was canceled and may not happen this year...In a month, maybe, but not counting on it. Down here though, I can ride 8-12 hours in either part of Ky (only takes 30 minutes to cross the river) or spend the day riding along hwy 62/hwy 66 along the ohio river, cross over at Owensboro ky or Evansville In and head back on the KY side of the river, or ride local for curves (I have a 10 mile loop with over 100 curves only 10 minutes from the house and it is along a ridge line so I can see valleys and other hill tops).

We have a couple of local routes that cross over and/or follow the Kankakee river, not very curvy but pleasant rides, with a couple coffee shop stops too.

Pleasant but not so curvy rides are GREAT. But I wish they wouldn't wear flat spots on my tires ; }

209 glorious miles in mesh pants and jacket with mesh armor, hardly anybody else out on the roads I took except around a couple towns. Got to ride as slow as I wanted.
Often, that’s my favorite kind or ride.

Heading out for an afternoon ride, but ran across a moto-traveler this morning and chatted with him for about 45 minutes while he was resting. He lives in Ft Wayne, IN and was returning home from Montana. He woke up in Iowa and rode through Illinois without stopping. Stopped in N.W. Indiana on US 30 a few miles from the Illinois state line for fuel, food and some oil. Riding a Suzuki, Bandit??? 1250cc???

He had a set of Givi boxes on the bike that caught my attention. Largely because one of them was melted through by the exhaust gasses from his muffler! Fortunately nothing caught fire and he had packed light so he shifted his load around and was riding the last legs of the trip home with the right side box empty. He has been riding with the same set up on other trips. He said he spent one really long day on the bike and blames the melt-through on the fact that he was iron butting his way back east. Figured that if he had taken longer stops the engine would cool a bit more, the exhaust heat would have been lowered, the ambient temperature of the bottom of the box would have been lower, etc etc etc

Nice guy, he will be home in a couple hours following US 30 right into Colluseum Drive in Ft Wayne.

6-Fw-DNq-XYSBedc3e-Lt38f-EA.jpg

J-hz7-Jj-QSgycs3-QMJU3l1w.jpg

x-Hae-Ydwf-T6-CJIFj-Je8-Id-Xg.jpg

y34-SEug-YRn-K9-S5-C4nvbt-OA.jpg

It’s a new year and a new What did you do to/with your NC700 today?thread!
Hi my NC700x 2014 lost power last week so I've stripped the bike to get to the loom, 5 days later I found a corroded wire, now power is restored, but I'm not hearing the pump come in when I put the kill switch to on, and starter button no power? All fuses OK battery OK please help a mad Scotsman who needs my bike for transport cheers Gavin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back