• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
254.4 miles today, all of it above 52F and much above 60. Poor road suffers between two mountain ranges, with frost heaves, tar mounds, and pitholes. They repaved some last year and then it was amazingly smooth. Still is but even that looked more weathered than I thought it could. Real fun day, and took some photos. But dinner is nigh so here's just the last of the group, like many of mine out in the middle of nowhere: unincorporated Condon Montana, 22 square miles, 330 people, pretty far from the nearest town. More tomorrow.

2020-04-28 16;45;03 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to take my Scoot out for the first time yesterday since March 19 when we were locked down. The trip was to the pharmacy so I had a valid excuse to be on the road. Took a wrong turn due to a bit of elderley absentmindedness tho on the way home.......;)

Still waiting on the correct front brake pads... now on third try - and all three tries I had the OEM Part Number... Fingers crossed they show up this weekend...

Got to take my Scoot out for the first time yesterday since March 19 when we were locked down. The trip was to the pharmacy so I had a valid excuse to be on the road. Took a wrong turn due to a bit of elderley absentmindedness tho on the way home.......;)
Montana's governor was pretty quick to respond to the pandemic, but being of low population density – especially the areas I enjoy riding – the directives have allowed in-state travel, though they caution avoiding potentially dangerous activity in even more remote areas where it would be tough to mount a response. Thus I have not been pursuing off-road riding on my WR250R, which is often solo as well. I do feel fortunate that in many ways my routines have not changed much... and that I moved here in the first place.

Best wishes to all who face circumstances far more risky.

heh, now i feel like a bum. I took off after work and went for a 175 mile ride and took ZERO pictures haha. great ride, just to get out, I rode out to Ritzville Wa and stopped off at the Love's Truck stop "Yellow Star" for a Cheeseburger/Coke and rode back. Light traffic, partly cloudy beautiful weather at 72f, had a great time! :{)

heh, now i feel like a bum. I took off after work and went for a 175 mile ride and took ZERO pictures haha. great ride, just to get out, I rode out to Ritzville Wa and stopped off at the Love's Truck stop "Yellow Star" for a Cheeseburger/Coke and rode back. Light traffic, partly cloudy beautiful weather at 72f, had a great time! :{)
Yeah, I almost feel like a bum on a lot of my rides too. I don't even bring my camera and hate the pics and non-zoomness of the cellphone. Usually those are the rides when I see a bear that isn't running away, or a moose, or some great lighting.

I rode into town yesterday to pick up front fork bushings. Also hit Cycle Gear and ordered Givi 1111FZ top luggage bracket. Along with SW-Motech steal top plate. So I can lock down 3 gallon Roto Pax gas can. Today I replaced bushings, fork seals and dust covers. Very easy to do it yourself. And I'm glad my fork seal started leaking. Why am I glad it started leaking. Just one and half years ago, after buying my bike. I noticed seal leaking. So I took it to a shop in California to be fixed. By my camping spot. Next day they had parts and fixed my bike in 3 hours. I was impressed. As I pulled my forks apart I noticed two things they did WRONG! #1 they put both springs in upside down. #2 they put spacer ring between collar and top fork cap. Not between spring and collar. So spring was partially up inside collar. Boneheads !!! Luckily for me. Nothing was broken. Jobs done and bike rides fine. For now on, I'll be the only one that works on my bike!

interesting you mention that 12x, i too am in the market to have my fork seals done and i'd like to add the boots while they are apart with fresh oil and all that. Just too busy to do it myself is all lol!! :{P

The only special tools I bought. Was Stockton universal seal driver and the syringe fork oil measuring tool. I got both of those on sale at Cycle Gear. 39.99 for driver and 19.99 for measurement of top of fluid.. It is time consuming.

Mounted new Bridgestone T31 tires on my NC yesterday. Wow! What a change from the Shinko 705s! I feel like I got my bike back.

I had the 705s on for about 100 miles and didn’t like them. The new T31s feel like a motorcycle should. Smooth, confidence inspired turns. No vibrations or wobbles. Amazing difference.

I know some on here love the 705s and haven’t had any issues. Maybe it’s me. I’m going to stay with street tires on my NC.

JT

The Bridgestone BT023 that were on my NC when I bought it got almost 10,000 miles on the them, rolled smooth at any speed and handled so nicely. I'm happier yet on Bridgestone Adventure A41 I'm running now... because of the multi-compound design they handle wet/cold roads better. They seem to soak up road surface irregularities more without losing any "feel" too. I like the A41 as much as the Avon Trailrider as long as I'm on pavement or dry hardpack/composite – provided I can get the ~9000-10,000 miles out of it.

Yesterday, 160.8 miles in heavy gusting winds, enough that I turned around after Marias Pass. It was cold in Marias but heading back it eventually hit 65F, though it still required often tucking to the frunk. That poor road: frost heaves and breakups and potholes and tar fixes that stuck up as much as an inch, with rough edges. At one point I felt quite an impact. After that I was hearing a grinding sound every time I leaned hard to the left. What I found was a 16" stake jammed up through the skid plate's oil drain hole. As hard as I was trying to avoid surface obstacles how did THAT happen? Probably picked it up when I was off the pavement and it took awhile to shift into a position that dragged during leaning. Oh well, beats the alternatives ; }

2020-04-21 15;58;24
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 13;08;17
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 13;21;34
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 13;22;55
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 13;57;27
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 14;37;39
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 14;38;14
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 14;39;05
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 14;39;48
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-21 14;47;13
by greenboy, on Flickr
Green boy what crash bars do you have? is that foot pegs or lights?

Green boy what crash bars do you have? is that foot pegs or lights?
Highway pegs mounted on Mutazu crash bars. Especially nice in the summer because you get a huge airflow up the trouser legs which are well away from engine heat. I like the wide forward stance a lot, especially when leaning ; } ...Got the crash bars on eBay for under $90 shipped in 2017, someone had returned them to a US vendor. If the R-GAZA bars had been available back then I would have probably bought them though, for the third mounting point. The awesomely stout highway pegs are from eBay, out of China and probably the same fabrication facility that makes Kuryakyn Dually highway pegs, but waaaaay cheaper and in black.

2017-09-10 16;32;18 by greenboy, on Flickr

2018-05-15 15;13;36 by greenboy, on Flickr

Only rode 147 miles and change yesterday. I hoped to ride around Hungry Horse Reservoir (probably 140 miles or so) but I hit snow/ice trenches 8 or 9 miles past the last photo here – and there were sure to be more of them, this stuffed in between two mountain ranges. But it was in the upper sixties outside the area. So I just blasted around for awhile afterwards, enjoying the warmest and least windy sunny day so far this year.

2020-05-02 15;44;52 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-05-02 15;46;22 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-05-02 15;50;24 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-05-02 16;02;30 by greenboy, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back