• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020 Seat comfort?

Am I the only one around here who has done a Saddlesore 1000 run on a stock saddle?

Imagine riding on a seat that isn't designed to make you get off every few hours and walk around. That can't be healthy
Saddlesore 1k here - stock seat with an Airhawk. Still got off every 2 hrs for a Powerbar, fuel and Ibuprofin.

Am I the only one around here who has done a Saddlesore 1000 run on a stock saddle?

Imagine riding on a seat that isn't designed to make you get off every few hours and walk around. That can't be healthy
My wife didn't want to spend the money for a custom seat before we left for our "Great Lakes Circle Tour" but after we got home she really was looking at my Corbin. We did a couple hundred miles a day, day after day, for almost a month. And those were slow miles, typically on 2 lane twisty backroads, we followed the shorelines of all 5 Great Lakes as much as possible, stayed off the state highways and interstates so our typical day took 6+ hours of riding.

The Corbin is much better than stock but I don't think it's the best. She now has a Russell's Day Long seat. If I had to do it over again for my bike I'd really like to try the LAAM Seat's offering.

The one bike solution has the one seat for all. Did not work for me after 1hr riding. Had my buddy redo mine with 2in heavy foam(should have used light foam or memory) it is wider and flat. Great for all around now and when I do a all day ride i use a gel pad.

My wife didn't want to spend the money for a custom seat before we left for our "Great Lakes Circle Tour" but after we got home she really was looking at my Corbin. We did a couple hundred miles a day, day after day, for almost a month. And those were slow miles, typically on 2 lane twisty backroads, we followed the shorelines of all 5 Great Lakes as much as possible, stayed off the state highways and interstates so our typical day took 6+ hours of riding.

The Corbin is much better than stock but I don't think it's the best. She now has a Russell's Day Long seat. If I had to do it over again for my bike I'd really like to try the LAAM Seat's offering.
I concur, really like the contour of the laam. I emailed him over a week ago and still no response. Maybe because I am in Canada I don't know - may have to go with plan B whatever that is.

Seat comfort is subjective. Some folks have the "best" custom or aftermarket seat and still can't ride any distance. Some have health issues, some are shackled to a tobacco habit, and some just don't ride enough often enough to build up to it.

I did a Saddlesore 1000 and a BunBurner 1500 on the stock seat. More important than the seat for me was getting decent wind protection.
I agree with this. While I never have thought the stock seat was great I have also never had the feeling I had to get off because of the seat. I've done 8 hour days with only stopping for gas. I have often seen all the posts and comments here on the forum and thought maybe I should get a new seat and that maybe It would be an improvement, but after 7 years of owning the bike and putting it off I think I've come to the conclusion that it is very subjective and even the most expensive seats people complain about.

Now I am thinking of making a custom seat cover however just for looks.

When I did my 1000 mile butt burner I just had the stock seat with no kids...I was 6 years younger and didn't really bother me. Now I have the front raised, with a cover and now a sheep skin cover on it.

Back