• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020 NC750X initial 1st week of commuting thoughts

Congrats on your new bike. Sounds like it is working out well for you. They are fun bikes! If you decide to sell your stock seat give me a shout. I am in the market for a stock seat to mess around with!

I just ticked over 13.5K miles on my 2018 that I bought last July with 1,300 miles on it. I did add bar risers, grip puppies, Givi bags and engine guards, and Skene lights front and back. Just replaced the chain and sprockets (Sprocket Center) DID VM3 Gold x-Ring chain and Superlite sprockets. Very happy with this chain! I also recommend the Avon Trail Rider tires. Great on pavement and pretty darn good on gravel/dirt roads too. I also lowered the bike with Soupy's and bought the NC700S centerstand (shorter than OEM) and had the sidestand cut/welded professionally.

I agree with the OP, I'd like to get larger foot pegs.

Heated Grips? I had them on all my BMWs. They're just OK. Last year I bought battery powered heated gloves. https://www.amazon.com/Autocastle-E...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==. They were quite affordable compared to Gerbings plug-in models. I rode with them all winter (and early spring). They beat heated grips hands down (IMHO). WIth a set of handguards, a heated jacket liner, and a Puig windscreen, I'm plenty warm for cold weather riding.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new bike. Sounds like it is working out well for you. They are fun bikes! If you decide to sell your stock seat give me a shout. I am in the market for a stock seat to mess around with!
Thanks. I'm gonna see if the Shad works out 1st and if not at least I have the option to send my stock seat out and have it redone without any downtime.

BTW I was up at my local dealer the other day and the pegs for the new Monkey look even better (wider) than the Grom pegs.

Back