• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, got smoked by an AMG GTC. Dang those are fast. Not sure my Interceptor 1000 would have kept up. But due to the 100k$ difference i don't feel too bad.
I got smoked by an old man in a built Z06 Corvette one time back in the day on my Kawi.ZX10R. 180hp liter bike. I always thought no cars could mess with a liter bike on the highway....boy was I wrong. I stayed in his back pocket with him gradually pulling away, up to around 180mph and knew I had less than 10 mph left before speed limiter kicked in so I let off, it was absolutely ridiculous how fast he left me once I backed off the throttle.

There were several in our crew riding together that day, ended up parked at a popular gas station for bikes to hang out on weekends in Chattanooga TN on Brainerd Road, couple hours after the Vette incident, the same Vette pulled in that gas station and over to where we were parked. Guy got out was at least 60-70 yrs old. He said "was one of yall the one that was running with me on the freeway earlier?" I said "yep....." lol. Anyways, we talked and he was talking about how he just got it out of the shop with all new upgraded suspension but never mentioned what was done under the hood. The whole deal was just cool to me. Glad I got to talk to him, I'll never forget that incident. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I got smoked by an old man in a built Z06 Corvette one time back in the day on my Kawi.ZX10R. 180hp liter bike. I always thought no cars could mess with a liter bike on the highway....boy was I wrong. I stayed in his back pocket with him gradually pulling away, up to around 180mph and knew I had less than 10 mph left before speed limiter kicked in so I let off, it was absolutely ridiculous how fast he left me once I backed off the throttle.

There were several in our crew riding together that day, ended up parked at a popular gas station for bikes to hang out on weekends in Chattanooga TN on Brainerd Road, couple hours after the Vette incident, the same Vette pulled in that gas station and over to where we were parked. Guy got out was at least 60-70 yrs old. He said "was one of yall the one that was running with me on the freeway earlier?" I said "yep....." lol. Anyways, we talked and he was talking about how he just got it out of the shop with all new upgraded suspension but never mentioned what was done under the hood. The whole deal was just cool to me. Glad I got to talk to him, I'll never forget that incident. Lol

180... OMG. Ya gotta watch out for the old guys in fast cars. They have nothin’ to lose..:p

May not have been built-up after the factory...top speed of the z06 Corvettes from the factory with the gsp is 205mph...The z06 package: corvette Z06 1LZ (Everything included in Grand Sport Package, plus…) – Supercharged 6.2L V8 Engine (640hp & 640lb-ft torque

May not have been built-up after the factory...top speed of the z06 Corvettes from the factory with the gsp is 205mph...The z06 package: corvette Z06 1LZ (Everything included in Grand Sport Package, plus…) – Supercharged 6.2L V8 Engine (640hp & 640lb-ft torque
This was a C5 Z06, as the event I speak of was well over 10 years ago. Later on around 2011, I actually bought a 2002 C5 Z06, rated 415 hp from factory. It was fast, but not faster than a liter bike fast. Was fun to drive, but not as fun as motorcycles. Got a reckless driving ticket and a speeding ticket within a matter of a few months in it, then got rid of it. Lol.

But yeah the new ones rated at over 600 horses like you mentioned probably would outrun a stock liter bike now though.

Here's a few pics of my old one, it was a super sharp ride. Only had a little over 50k miles on it. I'd like to have another one one day, but an automatic. Non-Z06 of course, as they are only available with manual trans (unless that changed in the new models). Changing gears in this one with my prosthesis was a little annoying. Had to have my foot turned just right or it would hang on stuff under the dash. I bought it from a good friend of mine, and it came with a set of Corbeau A4 race seats. If I ever got another one, it would probably be a C6 base model.

5a84aa18d7b8a2e6c03e6b54f765cfb1.jpg

ae35579363864b1da499a255ef3106c2.jpg

055c2ea1ba6d85b32da5370f5daf315b.jpg

2d35d9e324f7f222a67bf0ba769595c7.jpg

046101cfe673376f0022966beaf65aff.jpg

Last edited:
The base model 2020 Corvette stingray is automatic and top speed of 194 mph...(per car and driver magazine)...

I would like to have one the same color as my 2013 Honda NC700x...(red and black)...Too dang miserable out today to ride...cold and windy and black ice in the forestry valley this morning (26'F)...

Be a long time before any 2020 vette would be in my budget. Lol maybe a 2012ish base model....one day. If I keep doing trackdays, there'll continue to be no room in my budget for a vette. Haha

Went out to start the bike yesterday morning after not riding it since the middle of last week. Lights came on but it wouldn't turn over. I've put it on a Battery Tender Jr. from somewhere between T'giving and Christmas, through to about Easter each year when I'm not riding. It's also in a garage during that time, otherwise it's under a cover next to my house each night. I usually ride the 15 miles each way to work and back, 4 or 5 days a week, as well as some additional short rides. I got the Tender Jr. out and connected it to the pigtail in the frunk, showed up with a red LED. This morning it was a green LED but I was on school run duty so didn't take the cover off to see if it would start.

Does this mean a replacement battery is needed? This is the OEM that came with the 2016 bike when I bought it in March/April of that year.

Any battery update? Just charge it and try cranking/riding a couple different days. If it wont keep charge, can it and get a new one.

But first, check the connections. I had a Polaris Ranger I bought brand new, had it maybe 2 months, wouldn't crank one day, and one of the battery cables was loose.

I installed 2 LED shop lights over the bay where the bikes park so I can see them better when I work on them. But nothing to the bikes other than move them out of my way while I worked on the ceiling lights.

I installed 2 LED shop lights over the bay where the bikes park so I can see them better when I work on them. But nothing to the bikes other than move them out of my way while I worked on the ceiling lights.
How tall of a ceiling are we talking? I gave around $75/ea for the 4 led high bay lights in my shop, which aint bad. Got em on ebay. Super brite. Took this Sunday night

e5de82602c067bdccb3038d2a47ab179.jpg

c213f951d1fa2e47c5cda43a99587579.jpg

How tall of a ceiling are we talking? I gave around $75/ea for the 4 led high bay lights in my shop, which aint bad. Got em on ebay. Super brite. Took this Sunday night.....

9' ceilings on that side of the shop. Actually installed the lights on the HVAC runs, so the lights are about 8' above the floor. It's fully finished with drywall, wood trim around the doors, etc. These are 2 LED 4' fixtures, paid $21.87 each for them from a salvage shop. Purchased a case of the fixtures. Going to install 4 of fixtures at the local fencing club. Keeping 4 for myself. But only installed 2 of them today. Not sure I will need the other 2 in that area as I already have 4 florescent fixtures over the bays.

The shop is actually a 6 bay garage, divided in 2 sections. The side where the bikes are is heated and has AC for summer months.

The other side has taller ceilings, a car lift and is only heated enough to keep the diesel tractor and other equipment from freezing in the winter. That side is where most of the work is done, ammo reloading, car/tractor repairs, woodworking tools, etc. That side already was refitted a few years ago with LED fixtures and is very brightly lit.

Any battery update? Just charge it and try cranking/riding a couple different days. If it wont keep charge, can it and get a new one.

But first, check the connections. I had a Polaris Ranger I bought brand new, had it maybe 2 months, wouldn't crank one day, and one of the battery cables was loose.

No, school run yesterday (and today too), plus it's raining and with the temps starting at a high of 41 at 6am and finishing the end of today at 32 the bike is staying under wraps . I fully anticipate it to start just fine now that it's been on the charger for a couple of days. I do have a Noco Boost GB40 that I use for the lawn mower and occasionally starting the truck. So I bought the SAE to Noco adapter and will keep those two in the frunk during these colder months so that there shouldn't be an issue with being stranded. Will check the connections too. First rule of IT support "is it plugged in?"!!!

No, school run yesterday (and today too), plus it's raining and with the temps starting at a high of 41 at 6am and finishing the end of today at 32 the bike is staying under wraps . I fully anticipate it to start just fine now that it's been on the charger for a couple of days. I do have a Noco Boost GB40 that I use for the lawn mower and occasionally starting the truck. So I bought the SAE to Noco adapter and will keep those two in the frunk during these colder months so that there shouldn't be an issue with being stranded. Will check the connections too. First rule of IT support "is it plugged in?"!!!
nothing today....raining and going to be in the low 30's this evening with possible snow mix this evening...
Our first rule of IT support: have you restarted it yet?????

Took Skookum (and each of her two stablemates) for an hour long ride to warm things up, top off their batteries, and then top off their tanks. 3 hours of riding on a beautiful, crisp morning....... Can't beat that.... Retirement is getting to be fun.
>T

Got in a couple of hours riding in the fall foliage in the Carolina hills before the rain came.
3202bc48f4bf649558cc4d7e0eee09de.jpg
90daa5d257a6526e3b26fddcf59db3ac.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Rain is gone. Beautiful sunny cool day. Here's a couple shots off Moonshiner 28 in North Carolina.
fc091c7b2734341ce916bacd09d5e3ce.jpg
f17236caf470c0793fadae7f4d5969d3.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back