• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lubed my chained Friday as it wasn't raining for a change...very wet week of riding. Saw my rear brakes were in very rough shape from Monday's moto gymkhana. Installed some new rear brakes.

Old had 0.060" left. I think I got my monies worth out of em..
RearFA174 9-19-19.jpg

Replaced with funky orange ones...will see how they wear...
Rear FA174V 9-19-19.jpg

Changed air filter myself for the first time. I can't be absolutely sure that the shop did it because they screwed up so much I wouldn't be surprised if they charged me for it and didn't do it. Regardless, the filter doesn't look too bad for 12k miles, I'll see how it looks after 36k and compare the pics. Getting to it was not nearly as difficult as I imagined once I realized how the cables for the frunk and rear seat were routed, the rest was easy.air filter.jpg

Nothing today. Winds are blowing trees over today. Branches scattered all over the roadways around here, lots of power outages too.

But Saturday and Sunday we had a good bit of fun on the bikes.

Installed a new set of bar risers
9f784fbe0cb9c6c82653a0f611a01664.jpg

On my 2013 NC700X no cable change or modifications necessary, I just had to coerce the wires up, there was already plenty of slack, I did have to change the angle of my Barkbusters so they didn't run into the "tank" area when at full lock

Last edited:
Rain all day yesterday.

Sunshine all day today. Temps hit 60 (F) so the riding was very nice.

Wife and I both rode this afternoon, had a great time going nowhere and then coming back from doing nothing.

Weather is supposed to turn again tomorrow. For the worse. Supposed to be lousy all week. I'm always game to hop on a bike and ride so I never put mine away for the winter, but the weather needs to be reasonably cooperative. I won't ride when the temps are freezing. Generally don't like to ride far if the temps are below 50, unless its nice and sunny. So not sure how much more riding weather we will have this season but I am looking for some heated gear to extend it as long as I can.

Rain all day yesterday.

Sunshine all day today. Temps hit 60 (F) so the riding was very nice.

Wife and I both rode this afternoon, had a great time going nowhere and then coming back from doing nothing.

Weather is supposed to turn again tomorrow. For the worse. Supposed to be lousy all week. I'm always game to hop on a bike and ride so I never put mine away for the winter, but the weather needs to be reasonably cooperative. I won't ride when the temps are freezing. Generally don't like to ride far if the temps are below 50, unless its nice and sunny. So not sure how much more riding weather we will have this season but I am looking for some heated gear to extend it as long as I can.

The temps around there can be decent for a day of riding here and there. But what used to shut me down was when the first (of many) good dose of salt hit the roads. Then the party was over till spring rains got rid of it all. Don’t have to worry about that in these parts - just “plug in the gear and go”!:cool:

Installed the Barkbuster Blizzard handguards again for the cold weather riding. Was a cool 35 this morning and with no heated gloves it's a bit too cool at highway speeds.

Stock Look
no guard.jpg
Guard shot
guard photo.jpg
Guards installed
guards installed.jpg

Since I had stuff apart I lubed some cables and installed a new front brake lever. Should have done the clutch as well but I had moved past that point...
new brake lever.jpg

It's getting to be dark for the morning ride, so even though it can be a bright, sunny ride home I decided it was time to swap back from the tinted helmet visor to the clear with Pinlock insert visor. The built-in 'sunshield' will have to suffice for the after work ride home!!

Rain/snow/slushy mix is our weather prediction for the day where I am sitting. Looks like today's ride will include Audi's QUATTRO drive system, a heated seat and heated steering wheel ;)

Rain/snow/slushy mix is our weather prediction for the day where I am sitting. Looks like today's ride will include Audi's QUATTRO drive system, a heated seat and heated steering wheel ;)

It amazes me sometimes on the difference in weather from the northern part of state to the southern part (about 200 miles as the crow flies). Going to be mid-60s today (it was mid 70s yesterday) with no rain until after 10pm tonight and none of that frozen precipitation stuff down here...be safe man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back