• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought some parts from the local dealer for upcoming service. Oil, filter and crush washer for one part. Going to check the valves and replace the coolant at the same time. Picked up some new fork oil that I will change when I do the front tire in the near future.

So I made a video of my defective clutch lever and started a claim through Amazon. FYI, Amazon strips all non-Amazon URLs from claims so they didn't get the YouTube links.

Can you send a picture?

Sure but I fail to see how that helps. YouTube videos aren't public so you need the URL to see the video. Sorry.

Do you have Facebook, Messenger, or Whatsapp?

Hey, just go to YouTube and add this to the URL. /v=?...

Sigh, this is a good bit of hassle for $30 levers. I guess next is making the videos public so they can search for them. I shouldn't have to use something like Whatsapp to file a warranty claim. Awesome they're giving me alternatives but I'd rather just email them. Or maybe I'll give in and just FB them the video?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I bought a mobile phone from Amazon and when it was delivered, the box was very light. The packaging Amazon use isn't especially secure and can opened without opening, if that makes sense; evidently in transit someone removed the phone from the packaging and it's box, returning just the box to the packaging.

Complained and managed to get a redelivery; but insisted on using a go pro to record my collecting the new phone from the delivery person, opening it in front of him. The reaction from the delivery driver when the second phone was also missing was entertaining.

... Did eventually get my phone, but sometimes it's a hassle dealing with online shops.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Did eventually get my phone, but sometimes it's a hassle dealing with online shops.

Ordered 7 monitors at work from an Amazon seller. 1 showed up and tracking provided by the seller said one box was delivered to another state (yeah, 6 x 24" monitors in one 12 pound box). After realizing they were not going to help, I contacted Amazon, waited for them to figure out what happened, and we had a refund in 48 hours.

It'll get resolved. The question is what will FXCNC do about their defective product.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rode in the rain today.

First time the new Michelin Road 5 tires got to try wet pavement. It was a success.

Of course didn't plan to ride in the rain, but it happens.

Had to run a couple errands, all within 15 miles of home. 3 stops. Departed the house at 11:30. Rain expected to start after 2pm. Heavy rain after 3pm. A drizzle of rain actually started at 1pm when we were pulling into the 2nd of the 3 places where we needed to stop.

Light rain as we were leaving stop #3. As it goes, light rain transitioned into big drops of rain and then heavy rain started at 1:30. Of course we were wearing mesh gear and riding jeans. At least my boots are waterproof.

Everything is drying out now.

Michelin Road 5 tires performed well on the last 12 or so miles of wet roads. A few miles was suburban traffic riding, about 5 miles was 4 lane divided highway with a stiff cross wind, and the last few miles was rural 2 lane roads with gravel at the corners/intersections. No issues at all with the tires. In fact I never felt like the road was ever wet/slippery. Now granted this was not much of a test, but for what it was it was a good confidence builder with the new shoes.

Kimmeridge Bay

The previous owner of my bike decided to remove the 'NC700X' stickers from the sides of the bike. I suspect, as it looks similar to the NC750X, this was an intent to make people think it was the bigger engine variety ...but for me, the sticker shaped holes were annoying me.

So, I bought some new stickers - they arrived over the weekend and I fitted them this afternoon. As with any important maintenance task on a motorbike, it's important to take a test ride - and I'm happy to report that the stickers did not fall off in a three hour ride through country lanes to Kimmeridge Bay. Beautiful coastline - famous for dinosaur fossils, but for me just a nice place to go to watch the sun go down...

20190922-KimmeridgeBay-004.jpg

20190922-KimmeridgeBay-003.jpg

20190922-KimmeridgeBay-002.jpg

20190922-KimmeridgeBay-001.jpg

I recently took my NC on a trip to Nashville Tennessee from Shreveport Louisiana and a small trip to East Louisiana to this (almost) abandoned wildlife management park. Here's some pics from the journeys.IMG_20190823_090043.jpgIMG_20190826_122608.jpgIMG_20190908_105306.jpgIMG_20190908_143832.jpgIMG_20190908_143854.jpgIMG_20190908_160206.jpgMVIMG_20190908_144828.jpg

I tried a Madstad screen last year and decided I prefer not having a shield bigger than my original. I guess I kinda like the wind.
With the shield in the lower position the turbulence begins at my chin and my helmet is mostly in “clean” air. Even so, the buffeting can be noisy (I always wear earplugs since I want to protect the rather pathetic hearing that I have left.) If I sit REALLY straight up my chin gets into the “clean” air and the noise is reduced to just wind (no “whooping” turbulent sounds.) But sitting up that straight?? It isn’t too many miles before relaxation raises the buffeting volume as I sink into myself and just enjoy the ride.
I wondered about finding an unwanted original shield and cutting it down to see what effect it might have. (I sort of liked using no screen but the buffeting seemed a little weird... and vanity said the bike looked like I broke the screen off with a crash... sort of like not having vinyl covering the car bumper.) Then, it occurred to me that the line of buffeting might be lower if I could tilt the screen back or downward. I added a couple spacers to the two lower shield anchors to push the bottom out a bit, reducing the shield’s angle. I used a couple faucet bushings to add at least 3/8 inch of space. I needed longer bolts and my local hardware store provided the appropriate stainless bolts. (I needed to kind-of “flatten” the shield a bit on the bottom to get the bolts in (an effect of the curve) and my original shield now has a shallower angle... but will it make a desirable difference?
Yes... I thought my 150 mile ride today was significantly quieter with only occasional “whooping” sounds of turbulence. I also added some memory foam in the ear part of my helmet. They are two very cheap and appreciated mods.
I’m 6’5”; I added a 2 inch seat pad and did the seat slope mod back in 2014.
Not much riding this year but I’ve done about 45,000 NC miles over the last 5 years. And I continue to really enjoy the bike. (I must confess unto thee, however, that I’ve also been REALLY enjoying my electric mountain bike this year and last, usually choosing it for my “spare time” riding... my town built an outstanding 30+ mile biking/hiking trail, mostly winding through woods.)

Rode the last 480 mile stretch home yesterday and beat the snow storm. Last night and all day today so far it has been snowing here so no NC riding today and more forcasted for through the night and all day tomorrow... it might be a couple of days before the NC comes out from underneath the cover! :{P

First long ride with my wife on the NC sense I went down in April, yesterday we rode up to Sacramento to celebrate a friends birthday, 160 miles up another 40 plus rising around the area and 160 miles coming home this morning

Last edited:
Was a busy weekend for maintenance. Oil change and valves with other associated regularly scheduled maintenance stuff.

Fiddled with a new horn that I got with coupons from japan.webike. The unit has a lower note which I liked. Not really louder but sounds more like a horn than a meep. The unit functions perfectly but the lower cowling won't fit over it so I will have to fabricate some type of bracket at a later date.

I went to a end of year barbecue at my first riding school. I won the slalom riding competition getting me a $100 gift card to a local shop...am I a professional now that I have prize money?

Got the bike dynoed for free. 2013 NC700S with fresh valve adjustment...could probably use plugs but...
Dyno 9-29-19.jpg

Cooler temps for sure here, especially in the morning. Fobo reminded me I should add a few PSI to the tyres!

Bought a new toy hauler, GMC Canyon. Three hour rides are about the max for my old arthritic knees. I'm hoping this will get me to new riding areas and get me home for dinner.

Would love to see pics of your ramp setup. I have a Silverado 4x4 and the thought of putting my bike up there (well really, the though of dropping it it) is a little intimidating,

Would love to see pics of your ramp setup. I have a Silverado 4x4 and the thought of putting my bike up there (well really, the though of dropping it it) is a little intimidating,
I don't have any pics but I can recommend Discount Ramps. I got a good triple wide ramp which helps to feel secure. They have a page for calculating what length you need. You can find some good videos about it on YouTube.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Rapturee is getting snow and today in Louisville we are going to break the all time high for the month of October-all time high is 93'F (supposed to hit 99'F today). The past week we have had record highs almost every day...on Saturday, went on a charity ride for a shop with a cop (for xmas) at the vfw in Madison Indiana. My little NC (there was one crotch rocket) among all those cruisers (approx 50 bikes)...not really my type of riding but it was for a good cause...got asked twice if I was hot in my atgatt-not any hotter than the guys wearing bluejeans and leather vests (probably cooler) and was asked a couple of times if I ride alot (I guess the atgatt was the tip-off)..told them 190,000 miles in the past 12 years...yea, a little bit....since the ride was from vfw to american legion to vfw to vfw...a lot of beer drinking (not me, that happened after I got home), I stayed in the rear for safety reasons....and they had no clue how to go around curves...jeesh... but it was a good day anyways.

Supposed to be in the mid-80s and humid in greater Chicagoland. Rain/storms north of the city, but southside looks clear.

I will likely ride to one of the local high schools were I coach saber fencing and beat teenagers with 3' metal sticks, then ride home with a smile. New season, so a new crop of teens who think they know everything. Just like prior years with new students, they will get beaten up by an old arthritic man while they learn humility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back