• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man, it was perfect, well 10 degrees cooler would have been perfect, but close enough. Lol

I'd like to get back over that way and stay the night so I could have a couple days to explore the area and all the good roads. Two Wheels was a really nice place. They serve an awesome cheeseburger too!

Sunday: rode the NC almost 400 miles-from my house to Red River Gorge and back (mostly back country highways), did about 90 miles superslab on the way back. Left the house at 915am and pulled back into the driveway at 615pm-great 9 hours out on the bike..made a couple of bathroom stops and one stop for fuel (also a quick Ale-8 and power bar intake at Slade Ky). Ky Hwy15 from Winchester Ky to Slade Ky is a nice little hwy.

Sunday: rode the NC almost 400 miles-from my house to Red River Gorge and back (mostly back country highways), did about 90 miles superslab on the way back. Left the house at 915am and pulled back into the driveway at 615pm-great 9 hours out on the bike..made a couple of bathroom stops and one stop for fuel (also a quick Ale-8 and power bar intake at Slade Ky). Ky Hwy15 from Winchester Ky to Slade Ky is a nice little hwy.

Thats a big day!

Heh, finished installing the Gidibi oiler line to the swingarm/sprocket, filled it up and primed it to the chain. Nice system, excited to try it out tomorrow when a new masterlink arrives for my new DID VX3 chain. What's the old saying...Measure twice and cut once. Hmmph, yah NO! I only checked once and cut, yah i knew better, haha too short and had to add a couple of links and a second master link...

got in a big fat hurry to go out and ride...uhm, yah Stupid Noob mistake.. :{P
Anyway, the oiler looks sharp IMHO! :{)

Installed and filled with oil.
Gidibi chain oiler.jpg

Here i taped it to a "Flex Cuff"(long heavy Duty zip-tie) and used it to thread the line from the rear swing arm area up to the triple area.
Gidibi chain oiler2.jpg

easily routed it to the filler.
Gidibi chain oiler3.jpg

easily routed and attached to the swingarm. Now just waiting for the new masterlink to attach the new DID VX3 chain and take it out for a test ride! :{)
Gidibi chain oiler4.jpg

Using GPS it shows my speed is off by 5mph or so at 70mph (my usual rate of speed is 70mph-80mph according to my Speedo) my Speedo shows 70mph and GPS shows 75mph.

It's been like that sense I changed to a 17 tooth sprocket, at the time my NC had 68,000 miles, I just past 90,000 miles last weekend, anyone know the math to figure out what my actual mileage is?

To throw in another variable I was playing around with the tooth count on the rear sense around 30,000 miles [emoji28]
going from a 16 to a 17 front means that the speedo/odo will display 94.1% of what they previously did.

(90k - 68)k/.941 = 23,379 + 68k = 91,379

Rode to work, out to eat on lunch break, and back home, around 45 miles roundtrip. 75% of the time running 70+mph, and the rubber balls from the track are still on the front tire. Must've been stupid hot and actually bonded with the tire at the track. The rubber balls are picked up when exiting the track as you move off of the race line and into where all the rubber than flies off tires lands when exiting into the paddock. Figured it would have all slung off within 5 miles, but this appears to be actually bonded to the tire. I hope it doesn't actually cause weird tire wear. Maybe they will wear off Sunday, as it will be a few hundred mile roundtrip ride. Just interesting to me that it's 'that' stuck to the tire. Oddly enough, there's none left on the rear tire. Pretty sure it's common practice to knock those balls off your tire as soon as you get back to your pit, but I didn't think anything about it, nor did I want to waste the energy to do it. Lol

3661708ed894abfa430a287509c14c50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't worry about knocking picked up rubber off the tires if I'm not running warmers. Doesn't hurt anything.

And yes, it'll stay on the front for quite a while.

I don't worry about knocking picked up rubber off the tires if I'm not running warmers. Doesn't hurt anything.

And yes, it'll stay on the front for quite a while.
Its all gone after the 350 hard miles ridden Sunday. Lol. I'll probably wear out the sides of the tires to the point of needing replaced before any abnormal wear in the center of the tire could take place anyhow. Lol

I've gotta hurry and get the No-Mar put up so I can flip my rear tire before next weekend. This school semester is keeping me busy, coupled with mowing, work, boys football games, I've been pressed for time. Maybe it will be put up this weekend.

Rode the NC to work today and ran through the canyon beforehand. Wife got me some new gopro mounts for upcoming track day (early Christmas present LOL). One included a helmet swivel/pivot mount, so I mounted it on the side of my helmet and filmed a trip through the canyon. Will try to get it uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

rode to work the last couple of days and today in the rain. Been nice. Been using the new chain oiler, 1/4 turn a day and sometime twice if it's a long day. New chain seems to be running nice as well. Off to some good fall-chilli riding. into the low 50's already now in the morning here and our leaves are already turning colors and dropping... :{)

Still in the upper 90’s here. May hit 100 over next few days. But i still slipped away for a brunch run on the NC. Back to the A/C before breaking a sweat. :rolleyes:

Don’t know that we’ll have many fall leaves here.

Spontaneous combustion has taken care of that.:mad:

Last edited:
Still in the upper 90’s here. May hit 100 over next few days. But i still slipped away for a brunch run on the NC. Back to the A/C before breaking a sweat. :rolleyes:

Don’t know that we’ll have many fall leaves here.

Spontaneous combustion has taken care of that.:mad:
This heat sucks man! I was hoping it would be cooler by my trackday next weekend! Bout had a heat stroke at the last one, looks like temps for this one will be no different. I am, however, bringing long enough extension cords to run a fan this time!

It was a beautiful day for a ride! Good weather is finally returning.

I posed for a picture on the Lime Squeeze NC700X with the Lime Squeeze Fiesta DCT (the car), wearing Lime hi-viz gear. I’m thinking I should get some hi-viz riding pants so I can stand out better in traffic. Don’t you think?

6754B9B9-79D1-40B5-9C43-15693D9B1B52.jpg

It was a beautiful day for a ride! Good weather is finally returning.

I posed for a picture on the Lime Squeeze NC700X with the Lime Squeeze Fiesta DCT (the car), wearing Lime hi-viz gear. I’m thinking I should get some hi-viz riding pants so I can stand out better in traffic. Don’t you think?

View attachment 39076

And you blend.....

Every day this week I needed to carry something for work (computers, UPS, etc.) so no commuting on the bike. Yes, I could ride then use the company car but due to locations, that's triple the driving and I get home later. Not much fun but it makes the most sense (especially when I've been short on sleep).

Since I have the Police advanced training course Sunday (police teaching the public), I decided to adjust the clutch and throttle tonight. Tomorrow I'll lube the chain and adjust the rebound on the Aprila shock (a little bouncy now). Last year I got to help repair two Harleys so we'll see how this year goes. For those curious, repairs were minor. One was a loose mirror... Got to love a smooth engine. [emoji28] Seriously, there were some sharp bikes in the class and the people cared more about riding well than specific brands.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back