• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered these. Straight from China, I guess. It'll be a month before I see them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JLQ592/

Since it's been a while, I decided pick up A Twist of the Wrist but can't find my copy. So I bought another copy. My wife has a different book (Proficient Motorcyclist, I think) that I'll probably read too. Can't be too familiar with this stuff.
14a5952b3371995f511759b91d229d90.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ordered these. Straight from China, I guess. It'll be a month before I see them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JLQ592/

Since it's been a while, I decided pick up A Twist of the Wrist but can't find my copy. So I bought another copy. My wife has a different book (Proficient Motorcyclist, I think) that I'll probably read too. Can't be too familiar with this stuff.
14a5952b3371995f511759b91d229d90.jpg

I have levers like that on my other bike. Be careful about the adjustments. My clutch lever doesn’t engage the switch properly on the lower settings and the bike won’t start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in.
Test all the position settings for proper operation beforehand to be sure they work.

JT

I have levers like that on my other bike. Be careful about the adjustments. My clutch lever doesn’t engage the switch properly on the lower settings and the bike won’t start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in.
Test all the position settings for proper operation beforehand to be sure they work.

JT
I had some on another bike and the adjustments allowed for more than was functional. [emoji16] I've made it 10k with OEM levers but it'd be nice if they were 1/4" - 3/8" closer. Sure, I could add slack through cable adjustment but I like things snug. Probably will just set it one click from the furthest and be done.

My wife ordered a different set but also doesn't need much adjustment on her Rebel 500.

I had some on another bike and the adjustments allowed for more than was functional. [emoji16] I've made it 10k with OEM levers but it'd be nice if they were 1/4" - 3/8" closer. Sure, I could add slack through cable adjustment but I like things snug. Probably will just set it one click from the furthest and be done.

My wife ordered a different set but also doesn't need much adjustment on her Rebel 500.

Let us know how they work, I'm thinking of getting a set now that you've pointed them out, my cheap set is 2 or 3 years old and showing it

Put all the street stuff back on the NC today and rode to work. Going on a long ride Sunday with my Ducati buddy to Two Wheels of Suches, GA to the vintage superbike event. I've always wanted to go to Suches and ride the fun roads over that way, but never have. This will be a fun ride and a cool place to stop and check out some unique bikes along the way.

86572ff04b80aeaa47fdcbc5d38839c7.jpg

c799e215ed2d1defe036814a79c2370e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the NC took me to/from work all week. :{P

Mine too. The larger front sprocket is better than I expected. It runs so much better on the freeway now. It doesn't look like it affected the fuel mileage much but we'll see what the trend is over the next few months. The goal was to increase the durability and I think that is accomplished.

Mine too. The larger front sprocket is better than I expected. It runs so much better on the freeway now. It doesn't look like it affected the fuel mileage much but we'll see what the trend is over the next few months. The goal was to increase the durability and I think that is accomplished.
Using GPS it shows my speed is off by 5mph or so at 70mph (my usual rate of speed is 70mph-80mph according to my Speedo) my Speedo shows 70mph and GPS shows 75mph.

It's been like that sense I changed to a 17 tooth sprocket, at the time my NC had 68,000 miles, I just past 90,000 miles last weekend, anyone know the math to figure out what my actual mileage is?

To throw in another variable I was playing around with the tooth count on the rear sense around 30,000 miles [emoji28]

You will never really know for sure Ripp unless you can show more info on approx miles with what combo you played around with. However, with what you've shown i would add 7,500 and you'll be about right according to what you've shown(off of the top of my head) netting you about 98k-100k miles currently.

Mine is nearing 20k total. My speedo is 20% off according to my Garmin Montana GPS(as i have a 17T/39T & 140/80-17" rear tire). If my speedo reads 50mph the Montana shows i am actually doing 60mph. With this sprocket/tire combo i was able to achieve 93, 98, 96 and 100.6mpg this year on my special river road test track with speeds varying from 55-35mph as the twisty river road/corners allow. :{)

Last edited:
You will never really know for sure Ripp unless you can show more info on approx miles with what combo you played around with. However, with what you've shown i would add 7,500 and you'll be about right according to what you've shown(off of the top of my head) netting you about 98k-100k miles currently.

Mine is nearing 20k total. My speedo is 20% off according to my Garmin Montana GPS(as i have a 17T/39T & 140/80-17" rear tire). If my speedo reads 50mph the Montana shows i am actually doing 60mph. With this sprocket/tire combo i was able to achieve 93, 98, 96 and 100.6mpg this year on my special river road test track with speeds varying from 55-35mph as the twisty river road/corners allow. :{)
Ah close enough for me, I'm a bit tired but I got curious once you brought it up. Now that you mention it, I forgot about tires but I've run the same as stock size Michelin PR4's until this set of tires (shinko 705's) that are a different size but I've got less then a thousand miles on those

I'm cleaning out both the house and the garage trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff we don't use or need and my wife is planning a surprise party for her friends 40th (which is happening tomorrow) not the best two projects to do at the same time but it is getting me to finish quicker and not drag things out, it's also making wife a bit more compliant with throwing stuff out (garage sale/donate or dump) I've got enough room but I don't like clutter

Last edited:
Rode to work, out to eat on lunch break, and back home, around 45 miles roundtrip. 75% of the time running 70+mph, and the rubber balls from the track are still on the front tire. Must've been stupid hot and actually bonded with the tire at the track. The rubber balls are picked up when exiting the track as you move off of the race line and into where all the rubber than flies off tires lands when exiting into the paddock. Figured it would have all slung off within 5 miles, but this appears to be actually bonded to the tire. I hope it doesn't actually cause weird tire wear. Maybe they will wear off Sunday, as it will be a few hundred mile roundtrip ride. Just interesting to me that it's 'that' stuck to the tire. Oddly enough, there's none left on the rear tire. Pretty sure it's common practice to knock those balls off your tire as soon as you get back to your pit, but I didn't think anything about it, nor did I want to waste the energy to do it. Lol

3661708ed894abfa430a287509c14c50.jpg

Night ride!

What did I do today? Nothing; too knackered. I was up at 2am, riding around the countryside with my camera instead.

20190831_HatchetPond002.jpg

20190831_LepeBeach001.jpg

Shame the cloud obscured the milky way for much of the evening, and I was too late to catch the core of the arm: but nothing beats the quiet calm of the forest or the coast when it's just you, your camera ...and a thermos of hot coffee!

20190831_LepeBeachNight001.jpg

20190831_LepeBeachNight002.jpg

Today, I shall be mostly napping, being up until goodness knows when...

Very cool pics! I love those late night solitary rides. Perfect time to reflect and separate from the daily hussle and bussle.

Got up fairly early figuring i'd change the rear sprocket back to the 43T so i could have some adjustment in the chain and keep it off of the ground it was so loose(haha). I was putting it all back together when the FedEx guy showed up(early, like that ever happens) with my new chain!! So, all back apart again and swapped the 39T back on as i'm putting it back together i was not able to get the old chain off as i couldn't find my angle grinder.

Hmmm, so after an hour of tearing my little maint room apart i decided to msg my eldest son and see if he had seen/used it. Haha, "oh ya, uhm, sorry Dad, i'm at work but it's on its way to you"! An hour and a half later his buddy sheepishly shows up to return it. Hmmph!

Project #1-New DID VX3 chain, installed.
#2-New manual chain oiler, installed.

Now i'm off for a quick ride to test it all out! :{)

Using GPS it shows my speed is off by 5mph or so at 70mph (my usual rate of speed is 70mph-80mph according to my Speedo) my Speedo shows 70mph and GPS shows 75mph.

It's been like that sense I changed to a 17 tooth sprocket, at the time my NC had 68,000 miles, I just past 90,000 miles last weekend, anyone know the math to figure out what my actual mileage is?

To throw in another variable I was playing around with the tooth count on the rear sense around 30,000 miles [emoji28]

I also installed the 12oclock labs speedo correction last week and I am very happy with it. For me it was worth the $70 because I want to track the mileage as close as I can without doing that math.

Trip to Suches, GA was a success. Over 350 miles of backroads in a little less than 8 hours. I'm beat. So many fun roads over that way. Too much traffic out on some of them though....and bicycles. I hate bicycles in the road. As usual, the NC performed flawlessly. Handles so good with the Q3+ tires. They are def my favorite non race tire I've ever ran!

ec3c79faed1b31941eed1e30ac582e72.jpg

3c96f54d538251d6b74c0eba06c16fd8.jpg

38ac424e9af1e0b78efb94150f6ff6a6.jpg

ad47d4ab6d10ed7eeda998e29c31c1bd.jpg

d318b606f0f193a56e5d56439a67266c.jpg

71df7856e1df04aab5a57b82a0f3410c.jpg

d3cc4233d45c58db6f97b8583114bd73.jpg

5aee3f00f71d52ca1208e296c4d07c17.jpg

085c8d1ca1fd21b610eaa18777730dff.jpg

Electric race bike!

05ecc6816e5249237ea476c9b606db37.jpg