• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious topic of course and actually I've GoPro footage of a near miss I had of a cow in the forest, late at night:

[video=facebook_share;10156088345017975]https://www.facebook.com/Paulplex/videos/10156088345017975/[/video]

...but reading this and I have the mental image of a cow riding a motorbike. Would need to be something big, like a Goldwing or the like - for a big old bull to sit comfortably.

Well I must have missed the cow, but it sure made me nervous seeing that oncoming car pass by on the wrong side of the road. :D

(LOL: Cow riding Goldwing!)

Last edited:
Well I must have missed the cow, but it sure made me nervous seeing that oncoming car pass by on the wrong side of the road. :D

(LOL: Cow riding Goldwing!)
Hey, it's you lot who drive on the wrong side of the road. I'm coming to the US next month, and I'm renting a car: I'll prove it to you then!

Yeah, blink and you miss it with that cow; at the time it was a blur and I didn't know until I got home and looked at the GoPro footage how close that cow was. Erk, the CB125F I was on that night wouldn't fare well against pre-beef...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Hey, it's you lot who drive on the wrong side of the road. I'm coming to the US next month, and I'm renting a car: I'll prove it to you then!

Yeah, blink and you miss it with that cow; at the time it was a blur and I didn't know until I got home and looked at the GoPro footage how close that cow was. Erk, the CB125F I was on that night wouldn't fare well against pre-beef...

Long standing debate-who drives on wrong side of road..Well, the first practical cars invented were built in Germany, and Germany drives on the same side of road as the USA...hehehe; back to our regularly scheduled programming: Since my CeeBailey's windshield had a couple of cracks at the bottom mounting points (dang big ole pot holes); CeeBailey's no longer makes motorcycle windshields, and I am a cheap ba$tard...I bought a Zero Gravity 18" windshield and received/installed it yesterday..Rode the bike into work this morning... it is ok but at 5'10" with a 32" inseam, I do need a little taller windshield...I have no head buffeting at Interstate speed, but the wind hits my helmet just about eye level, wish means I cant ride with the outer shield up (too much wind hitting the eyes, which I cant stand-goggles out of question unless I bought prescription goggles)...too dark this morning for running with outer shield up and inner shades down to see if that is going to be acceptable (discover on the way home this afternoon). It will be acceptable for hot summer riding days but cool/cold days....dont know until then.

I don't think there's any debate that, in the US, we drive on the right side of the road :)

Beautiful day for a run through the canyon before work. NC is so fun in the curves. Stopped for some scenic shots at Wolf Creek Overlook in Little River Canyon about midways through the canyon rim road. This place is about 30 min from my house, 15 min from my work.

Started off with some good home cooking from a local joint.

ef7a9eb1c6138aa784701d68790e18d9.jpg

6f534168fb5e24f0de877e2192b3beeb.jpg

bbdecf80a6a9bf802df7044c6ca1425d.jpg

c7159502086b5d451f6dfd820dfcae05.jpg

6ca58abd8ad920b712a372e7a71be4b3.jpg

2a278e8619b52b6d00e1ed3e59f4cbb2.jpg

7bd1d908f16305a0996c87fb6a8c8e81.jpg

And arrived at work a few min ago to wrap up the last night of the work week.

15a66eff455bdb6eda0c9ce4244e1a5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I washed Skookum and decided she needs a new rear tire. Luckily, I have a brand new RoadSmart on the shelf. Time to try out that Harbor Freight tire- mounting "machine".
>Thom

We went from winter a week ago to summer now, yanked off the vStream windshield, BarkBuster plastic guards and installed the stock screen to get more airflow. :cool:

Changed the air filter, not as bad as I feared. Did drop one of the plastic push pins into the fairing from which it did not return.
I need to order some push pins ...a couple are snapped and a couple more are goodness knows where.

The Honda ones are so pricey - but the ones I ordered from Fleabay were too wide. Anyone recommend a good buy from eBay that would work?

Should've been out for a ride but i had to do some maint on the Sienna. Also assembled and installed my new Tepui RTT on my eldset son's Yeep. He was headed out to do some scouting, heard from some of his battle buddies(CavScouts) there were some wild K9's running in an area he normally camps/hikes in. :{)

Tepui Autana.
Tepui Autana RTT on Michaels Yeep2.jpg

Sleeps 2-3 adults up top and 3-4 down below in the annex that zips on and surrounds the ladder. It is 9'x9'(not shown). Tepui.com if you'd like to see several more styles(i have no affiliation, just for drooling on).
:{)
Tepui Autana RTT on Michaels Yeep opened.jpg

Last edited:
Should've been out for a ride but i had to do some maint on the Sienna. Also assembled and installed my new Tepui RTT on my eldset son's Yeep. He was headed out to do some scouting, heard there were some wild K9's running in an area he normally camps/hikes in. :{)

Tepui Autana.
View attachment 38318

Sleeps 2-3 adults up top and 3-4 down below in the annex that zips on and surrounds the ladder. It is 9'x9'(not shown). Tepui.com if you'd like to see several more styles(i have no affiliation, just for drooling on).
:{)
View attachment 38319

I have seen these things before. I always notice the telescopic ladder as the company I work for deals in a brand of them. Nice to see it in the real world versus marketing photos.

Today, I went for a nice little ride then did some maintenance:
- inspected front and rear sprocket
- cleaned front sprocket housing
- lubed chain
- adjusted chain
- adjusted throttle grip free-play

I need to order some push pins ...a couple are snapped and a couple more are goodness knows where. The Honda ones are so pricey - but the ones I ordered from Fleabay were too wide. Anyone recommend a good buy from eBay that would work?

Indeed they are. I went down to our local NAPA store and they had a huge assortment of them! Take one of your old ones down as i'm sure they can match it up for you. :{)

jsjrx2D.jpg

finished up the higher fender, this is a 1 piece main mount (I welded stuff on - with the normal extension straps I'm afraid of it being pushed forward by mud)

also made a kickstand expander plate, welded it on

tried a couple options for centerstand extender with no real luck. Not sure what I'll do, maybe I'll just find a high or low spot when I need to do chain maintenance on the trip.

Heard it here first!! :D

Dontcha mean 'herd'?

All the postings on day trips to cool places are giving me the itch. Pulled my backpack (more like a 80L drybag with shoulder straps) and camping gear out of storage to make sure everything works.

After a long ride this weekend (for me) it's time to shop for my next ergonomic and susp. mods. My butt fared pretty well but my shoulders and lower back not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back