• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I've cleaned my bike most thoroughly. A relaxing way to spend a morning in my book, and a great way to get to know every nook and cranny. Hoping the touring screen arrives in the week and my first play of 2019 will be to fit that!

CleanedNC700X.jpg

You might notice that the previous owner removed the NC700X stickers from the sides of the bike; I guess without that, it might be mistaken for its bigger brother, the NC750X - but the gaps annoy me: does anyone know if you can buy those stickers to put back on?

Attachments

• IMG_20181229_104003-01.jpg
    IMG_20181229_104003-01.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Chain lube day. Experimenting with a different lube over the Winter. Summer is a foaming lube. Trying a stickier one for the moisture here. Minor surface rusting visible so will have to pay closer attention. The chain slack with the DID chain is perfect. Wear is much better than stock so far.

View attachment 37627

You might notice that the previous owner removed the NC700X stickers from the sides of the bike; I guess without that, it might be mistaken for its bigger brother, the NC750X - but the gaps annoy me: does anyone know if you can buy those stickers to put back on?

If you are asking about the "NC700X" decal that resides on the sidecovers below the seat, it has a Honda part number. I don't know the model year of your machine, but looking up the part for a 2012 model, the decal is Honda part number 86831-MGS-D31ZA. In illustrate parts lists, Honda refers to a decal as a "Mark."

Chain lube day. Experimenting with a different lube over the Winter. Summer is a foaming lube. Trying a stickier one for the moisture here. Minor surface rusting visible so will have to pay closer attention. The chain slack with the DID chain is perfect. Wear is much better than stock so far.
I use a chain wax. Maxima

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Today, I've cleaned my bike most thoroughly. A relaxing way to spend a morning in my book, and a great way to get to know every nook and cranny. Hoping the touring screen arrives in the week and my first play of 2019 will be to fit that!

View attachment 37627

Hondapartsnation.com
2012 NC700X
Skim down until you see Marks... that's the decals for you. #6 I believe is the one you are describing.

MARK (NC700X) (TYPE1)
86831-MGS-D31ZA
Your Price: $4.96

Getting ready to sell my 2013 NC700 dcx

Life moves on. See partial list of farkles below. Also spare tires, tall touring windshield and original parts that were replaced. First $5,000 takes it. This NC is set up for fun and safety.

Full list of accessories - see other post

Denali mini sound bomb horn
Tire safe guard
Sport max Q3 tires. Spare Michelin street tires.
Oxford heated grips
Rear hugger - Pyramid
Factory outlet in Frank
Bark buster Storm hand guards
OEM crash bars
Auxiliary lights with controller. Wired to high beam factory switch
Tire pressure monitor
Mirror wideners
V stream windshield standard and tall versions
Radiator guard “NC700” logo . By Beowulf
Luggage rack by England fabricator with backrest for passenger
New chain
15,014 miles - correction from earlier post
Racing pegs - aluminum knurled.
Tank and knee grips: Tech Spec, Snake Skin
Custom seat and covers
Two Brothers slip on exhaust with p1x inserts - great sound.

Life moves on. See partial list of farkles below. Also spare tires, tall touring windshield and original parts that were replaced. First $5,000 takes it. This NC is set up for fun and safety.

Tire safe guard
Oxford heated grips
Rear hugger - Pyramid
Factory outlet in Frank
OEM crash bars
Tire pressure monitor
Mirror wideners
New chain
Custom seat and covers

This should probably go in the Marketplace forum, but the moderator has no easy way to move it there. This 2018 thread closes in a few days, anyway.

Last edited:
Tire safe guard
Oxford heated grips
Rear hugger - Pyramid
Factory outlet in Frank
OEM crash bars
Tire pressure monitor
Mirror wideners
New chain
Custom seat and covers
Location,model and year? Any pictures?

Location,model and year? Any pictures?

Salinas, California. Assumed NC700XD (called it a dcx). 2013.

Last edited:
A ride aborted :-(

Can't post this on Facebook, as the wife will see it - but I wanted to take a three hour round trip ride to Avebury today, the site of the worlds largest megalithic stone circle in the world, although not as popular perhaps as nearby Stonehenge. Wonderfully twisty country roads between home and Avebury, I was guilted into taking her along by car instead of solo on a bike. Sigh - I'll go back by myself in a few weeks :)

07_20181230-AveburyRings-ThreeStones.jpg

So I finally got the Rear Rack from HondaBikePro mounted today. I have had a lot going on, so it took me a few to actually get it mounted. I will give it a good test as soon as I can. I do have a trip I want to take at the end of the month for a "frozen butt hang" with a hammocking group in town. I am going to see how everything rides with having to take extra gear for the winter (under quilt and top quilt.) I can also take my new(ish) chair as well, which wont fit in any bags. My biggest + will be being able to fuel up without unstrapping everything. I went ahead and got the locking gas cap (pretty much a requirement.) Anyway, here are a few phots of it mounted.

PVW8ZnK.jpg

Lrr9yVo.jpg

qj256G7.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to learn how to bleed my brakes, front and back. Turned out to be harder than expected because a corroded frame guard was installed in front of the rear brake reservoir.

Not sure the brakes fluid had been changed yet, in my 2013 NC700X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I only rode in one day last week due to needing the car one day, the pickup the next...

Actually, it got down to 28 degrees at my house so I needed an excuse. We are having freeze warnings for the next week along with wet weather which means there might actually be ice on the rode on New Years day here in Phoenix. Really unusual because if we have the cloud cover it usually warms up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back