• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
De-farkled my NC700X yesterday, I’m picking up a 2017 Africa Twin Friday. I’ll post a Hepco & Becker skid plate and and maybe a couple more things in the days to come. I too will miss the frunk, but not the 17” front wheel on washed out dirt roads.

De-farkled my NC700X yesterday, I’m picking up a 2017 Africa Twin Friday. I’ll post a Hepco & Becker skid plate and and maybe a couple more things in the days to come. I too will miss the frunk, but not the 17” front wheel on washed out dirt roads.

Looking forward to hearing about the new Africa Twin.

I bought a '18 NC750x who had a metallic red Africa Twin DCT on the showroom floor. Told my wife it was my dream bike. She asked why I didn't buy it, I had her (attempt) to straddle the seat and she understood why I chose the NC750x instead. But damn that Africa Twin is just an astounding bike.

Please keep us informed. With photos!

Sleet and freezing rain here too. I have to be satisfied with just putting a RAM ball mount on my Christmas list.

I found one that replaces one of the handlebar clamp bolts. Any negatives with replacing one of the bolts with a RAM ball and a 8mm Allen head bolt?

JT

For me there are non whatsoever. I replaced both rear bolts in the top clamp with those. Most of the bikes I've owned I set up like this - it's usually the most steady location for a Ram ball.

I got the NC700X out yesterday afternoon for a 70 mile local ride. It was crisp but not really cold at 55 degrees and CAVU.

RIP President Bush.

Last edited:
35 to 38 all day. About 3 Celsius.
I rode to a nearby town and rode in the Christmas parade with the Christian Motorcycle Association.
Lots of happy kids.
Riding at a walking pace for two miles is not easy.
The learning aspect of the DCT was a little freaked out; riding back it shifted pretty strangely for a mile or two.
The Hotwired gear I have was widely coveted.

Still not riding yet, although I probably could. Either way, the weather, recovery, and not wanting to deal with the knee brace with Moto gear is keeping me off for now.

I had a blast this weekend!

Saturday road out to Spicewood TX from Austin for some Opies BBQ it was a brisk 45 degrees F outside and about 45 minutes in I realized I really should have worn my balaclava. Then on Sunday I had learned my lesson and headed out with a group of folks from just west of town down a really fun twisty road called Hamilton Pool road. Ended at a place called Hays County Cafe near road 150. We had planned to ride into Kyle but left late and so the group that we were meeting road in

This route is good fun if you can avoid the cars and are in central texas -> Google Maps

Discovered a leaking valve stem while airing up for a ride yesterday. That was a bummer. I was really needing that ride. Now I have to get a new valve stem

Discovered a leaking valve stem while airing up for a ride yesterday. That was a bummer. I was really needing that ride. Now I have to get a new valve stem

Try replacing with full metal version so you don't have to deal with it again. Get a pair since the other one will probably got shortly.

I would change to Heated grips (oxford) and Ski gloves or MSR Cold Pro gloves may work better. My record is 9F so far.

yea, I've been considering the heated grips but it just doesn't get much below 35 too often here and when it does I probably won't ride to work since when it's that cold in Phoenix it's often snowing or at least frozen over in the high country and I don't drive my truck in the snow or ice if I can help it. That said, I have a pair of Thinsulate gloves that are now about 20 years old, don't have to be charged and seem to do a better job than these crappy heated gloves.

hahaha, i lived in Marana for about 7+ years and commuted down to Tucson every day for work(graveyard). One year it actually snowed and freaked everyone out. They closed schools, businesses etc. My wife at that time actually woke me up to show me that it had snowed, only about 1"-1.5" but it snowed none-the-less. I laughed, took a picture and went back to bed!!! She later told me it was all gone by 10am later that morning!! :{P

Try replacing with full metal version so you don't have to deal with it again. Get a pair since the other one will probably got shortly.

While I'm sure you'd be correct most of the time, this is a full metal valve stem. The rubber stem on the front is leak free.

I'll probably replace both with metal though. I was thinking about getting one of these TPM systems that require it.
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Monitoring-Detection-Motorcycles/dp/B075QCZKDL

Got in a 55 degree ride last week with daughter, might be 70 this saturday.

She's sporting her new saddle bags. PITA to mount.

2018122321064131-IMG_0293-XL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back