• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018 NC750X price negotiation

There was once a time when you could actually get a discount if you paid in cash vise finance. I guess you could always just finance through them and then turn around and pay off the loan right away before they have the chance to collect any amount of interest on it.
I asked if there was any early payoff fees when I was checking on the VFR1200X, and I believe they said no. So I could have financed it and paid it off the following week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I asked if there was any early payoff fees when I was checking on the VFR1200X, and I believe they said no. So I could have financed it and paid it off the following week.

But the risk for problems is high. Maybe the financing somehow gets screwed up, your credit report becomes a mess, your personal data is sold (“shared”) by the finance company, and every other bank and their dog is harassing you with solicitations. No, thanks. I’m all for getting a good deal, but it’s just not worth playing the finance game to save a few dollars.

Last edited:
But the risk for problems is high. Maybe the financing somehow gets screwed up, your credit report becomes a mess, your personal data is sold (“shared”) by the finance company, and every other bank and their dog is harassing you with solicitations. No, thanks. I’m all for getting a good deal, but it’s just not worth playing the finance game to save a few dollars.

I actually didn't buy that 2018 DCT because of this. When I went to do the credit application they wanted to know the name, address, and phone number of a relative that doesn't live with me. Information that has nothing to do with my ability to pay back a loan. I thought the part of them asking me if I had a checking and savings account and the bank they were with was weird enough. The relative part put me over the top though.

I know the OP has found another bike, but for a point of reference for others in the market I thought I'd share that I just bought a used 2018 NC750X with manual gearbox and 372 miles on the clock in great condition for $5,325 from a private seller.

I just got my 2019 NC750X DCT ABS delivered today. I paid 8400 OTD. I also lead them to believe I was going to finance the bike and when we agreed on a OTD price I said okay I am going to wait on it while I check a few things. I came back the next day and said okay, let's do the 8400 OTD and he asked for my social and I said no, I have a check for you. He said wow why don't you want to finance? I said because the insurance is much cheaper and from a fiduciary perspective it made the most sense long term. He didn't look to happy but the owner was very nice to me and had me meet the mechanics and parts dept. All great guys. Unfortunately there were not many for sale on the East Coast. I called multiple dealers all across the country and with dealer, mechanic and fees for transport the cost was coming in at 9600-9800 and I did have them break it out line by line. My local dealer ended being the most fair smaller shop and they delivered it to my house. The delivery driver spent a considerable amount of time going through the bike with me. I have peripheral neuropathy from cisplatin treatment and it's bad in my left hand. Manual was out of the question for me. The bike is amazing.

Rember that the Honda accessories can be easily purchased for 20% more off of list price. I bought my Honda centerstand, MSRP $149, some years ago, but I paid $107, free shipping, no sales tax. I don't know if $107 is still available, but a $120 price for a centerstand should be easy to find. My point is, there is a lot of dealer markup in the accessories, so if you go by list price, and the dealer tosses them in with your motorcycle purchase, the deal may not be as great as it sounds. The dealer doesn't pay all that much for the accessories.

I would favor negotiating down the price of the motorcycle. Accessories and gear deals can be found later on, when you can shop for what you want and for the best price.

As for the motorcycle itself, it varies by location, but almost nobody pays list price. When the 2012 NC700X first came on the scene, the manual version listed for $6999, but it was easy to buy one in the midwest, the first week it was available, for $6300, freight and setup included.
Haggle Haggle Haggle !!! I just bought a 2018 NC750X DCT ABS with 1003 miles on it. It has the Honda top box and saddlebags as well as the center stand and factory heated grips. I paid $7999 and since it’s used I saved all the destination charges and prep fees ,blah blah blah...!! I also got an Arai Quantum-X helmet for cost. Ask for the moon man, all they can do is say no.

Back