• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018-2020 NC750X differences?

wowee

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to decide between a used 2018 (good shape, mileage unknown) and a 2020, both DCT. Isn't there a website that covers mfrs.' year-to-year changes?? Seems like valuable information...

“Bold new colors” are about the only changes I know of for those model years. Or rather, Honda does the usual cycling through their standard dull colors of red, grey, and black. However they did toss a blue choice in there for 2019! If you go to the Honda Powersports web site right now you can see both 2019 and 2020 specs. (I’m assuming you live in the USA, as per your profile). The 2018 page was still available here: https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/nc750x?year=2018

Last edited:
This is me, I am highly thinking about picking up a 2nd NC this year and if I were to be ready to pull the trigger now, Idk if I'd opt for a new black one or a 2018 red, both in DCT as well. I've found a couple places on Cycle Trader that has new 2018 DCT's leftover for around $6900 + tax and fees. New 2020's seem to be $8800 across the board. So roughly $1800 difference. That black is absolutely gorgeous, but I also think of how annoying it is keeping black vehicles clean. My silver NC can be filthy and still look somewhat clean. A little dust or a few miles on a wet road and black looks pitiful.

BUT....I like that the black also comes with black wheels. I don't like the silver wheels on the red 2018 models. They look good but would be difficult to keep clean.

... Cycle Trader that has new 2018 DCT's leftover for around $6900 + tax and fees. New 2020's seem to be $8800 across the board. So roughly $1800 difference.
BUT....I like that the black also comes with black wheels. I don't like the silver wheels on the red 2018 models. They look good but would be difficult to keep clean.
I'd be happy to sell $1200 of black wheel paint so you'd still save $600 by buying the fast red 2018 and have black wheels too :cool:

This is me, I am highly thinking about picking up a 2nd NC this year and if I were to be ready to pull the trigger now, Idk if I'd opt for a new black one or a 2018 red, both in DCT as well. I've found a couple places on Cycle Trader that has new 2018 DCT's leftover for around $6900 + tax and fees. New 2020's seem to be $8800 across the board. So roughly $1800 difference. That black is absolutely gorgeous, but I also think of how annoying it is keeping black vehicles clean. My silver NC can be filthy and still look somewhat clean. A little dust or a few miles on a wet road and black looks pitiful.

You might find someone willing to swap your silver wheels for black, if you prefer black. My 2012 has black wheels but I prefer the silver (grey). One short ride with black wheels and the rear wheel is colored light brown with dust. Like you said, black is near impossible to keep looking clean.

So, color aside, is it actually the *same bike* as two years ago?? That just seems strange to me. I thought I heard/read somebody mention LED lights as a new feature; does that ring any bells? It drives me nuts that it's so hard to get information on model-year changes!

I Do Not Like Red (women excepted). But even I have to admit the 2018 *looks* better than the 2020. That graphite/black thing is almost as ugly as the new Rebels.

You might find someone willing to swap your silver wheels for black, if you prefer black. My 2012 has black wheels but I prefer the silver (grey). One short ride with black wheels and the rear wheel is colored light brown with dust. Like you said, black is near impossible to keep looking clean.

To me, chain lube is worse than dust. Dust is easy to get off, it's the chain lube grime that would make caring for bright silver wheels a pain. It blends in on the black wheels so it is not as noticeable. My old ZX10R that I crashed had anodized red wheels and they were a pain to keep clean, while all my buddies that had Suzukis with black wheels never hardly washed theirs and they looked better than mine did. Although, when mine were shined up, they sure were pretty!

To me, chain lube is worse than dust. Dust is easy to get off, it's the chain lube grime that would make caring for bright silver wheels a pain. It blends in on the black wheels so it is not as noticeable. My old ZX10R that I crashed had anodized red wheels and they were a pain to keep clean, while all my buddies that had Suzukis with black wheels never hardly washed theirs and they looked better than mine did. Although, when mine were shined up, they sure were pretty!
For me, chain lube on the wheel means I used way too much chain lube. I lube sparingly using enough just to keep the chain from rusting, and I’m quite happy with my chain life. Keeping light grey wheels clean would not be a problem for me, so I’ll take them over black any day

Last edited:
I can confirm that between 2018 and 2020 only the colors have changed.
I just got myself the 2020 model for christmas :) and I previously had the 2016 model. Between 2016 and 2018 also only minor changes like traction control and shifting rev limit up to 7.500 rpm.
Made a short videoclip on the topic:
What's new with the new 2020 model

I buy left overs from Halls Mobile Alabama [ 50 miles from me ] usually buy 1 a year . right now they have the 2018 750X for $6,499.00
bought a 2014 Goldwing Valkyree GL1800C new in the create for $7999 in 2017 and love it

I buy left overs from Halls Mobile Alabama [ 50 miles from me ] usually buy 1 a year . right now they have the 2018 750X for $6,499.00
bought a 2014 Goldwing Valkyree GL1800C new in the create for $7999 in 2017 and love it
Good price on that 2019 Africa Twin DCT...probably because of the upgrades in the 2020...

I can confirm that between 2018 and 2020 only the colors have changed.
I just got myself the 2020 model for christmas :) and I previously had the 2016 model. Between 2016 and 2018 also only minor changes like traction control and shifting rev limit up to 7.500 rpm.
Made a short videoclip on the topic:
What's new with the new 2020 model
That's highly nice. Thanks a lot for answering. I had thought 2018 was the first year for 745 cc's, but it was 2016?

Wow, I wish I could hop on that but I live in California, where the politicians are loonular and the emissions regs are singular.

That's highly nice. Thanks a lot for answering. I had thought 2018 was the first year for 745 cc's, but it was 2016?
Over here in Europe the 750 model (745cc) was introduced 2014. That same year the DCT model got ABS as standard. I am not sure how things are in the US.

Back