• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a new light bar and rim tape.
6e52f78e3ee8998d73c83c62525791ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

46L, it's great, laptop flat no problem, full duffle bag, TONS of groceries... and cheap. I think $284 shipped? From MotoStorm.

My (long ago) experience with a rear rack mounted box is that the stuff in it gets hammered. ie. Strawberries turn to jelly. How do groceries do?

Went to Yosemite yesterday. Looks beautiful but I would recommend not going on a holiday weekend.
a6ecdc809c051df0ac1a16285bca8e75.jpg
ee26850061f4791d91df7ea5c4ab4bb5.jpg

Got a where's Waldo with a couple mountain climbers
e518861361602d772e512b6ccf77e497.jpg

7beede7edb88c8e38b3d7136ec34785b.jpg

d0f02fca282152bf7751913393b434cc.jpg

All the pictures were taken with a two year old phone so not bad considering
b13e30ad81357717e8eee31adf211eab.jpg

Parked across from Lower Yosemite falls
And parked by some falls outside of the park on 140
d511c6773860b7f0423fa2821545928b.jpg

Last edited:
Park City

View attachment 33655IMG_0098.jpgIMG_0095.jpg
100 mile trip to Greatest Snow on Earth...so they say! Where is it,oh wait it's end of Ski season.

Historic Main Street Park City.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
IMG_0086.jpgIMG_0087.jpg
Adjusted pegs to all the forward what a body saver for 36" inseam. Had to bend horn bracket down and secure clamp first then push back into place.

It was a beautiful day for this 175 mile loop. At 20,000 kms my bike is running better than ever. Not sure why it feels that way, it's just so smooth. The last little bit was a pain in the butt, stock seat you know, I've got a Sit 'n Fly cover so I just have to install it. I hope it will help.
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Today I put on an SW Motech skid plate and a Denali SoundBomb horn. Both were the result of my lowered resistance while home sick when the Twisted Throttle sale emails arrived. I wasn't planning on getting the skid plate and was on the fence about the horn, but the sale pushed me over the edge on both. They got me for the SW Motech crash bars too, but they don't arrive until next week.

Skid plate went on easily enough. Looks great.

SoundBomb is AMAZEBALLS! I got the mounting bracket and wiring harness and it went on quick and easy. Clean installation too. Sound is louder than my car's stock horn. Can't wait to surprise the next numbnuts that tries to change lanes into me without looking.

Also ordered a Russell Day long seat. Build date is 8/8/17 if anyone's interested.

I really get tired of trying to finagle the NC (or WR) into every shot and a lot of other non-riding people agree that it's sometimes just enough to know that the motorcycle is being used to see the sights. With that said, here's one from a week ago; I didn't post similar ones with the NC in them because they just didn't seem as cool --

2017-05-21 19;12;30 by greenboy, on Flickr

And here's one from yesterday at Lake Koocanusa -- a great place to ride off-road vehicles but not so much for the NC. Guy is trying to teach the dog to ride (clutch is on the left, Rover!) --

2017-05-28 15;15;51 by greenboy, on Flickr

I really get tired of trying to finagle the NC (or WR) into every shot and a lot of other non-riding people agree that it's sometimes just enough to know that the motorcycle is being used to see the sights. With that said, here's one from a week ago; I didn't post similar ones with the NC in them because they just didn't seem as cool --

And here's one from yesterday at Lake Koocanusa -- a great place to ride off-road vehicles but not so much for the NC. Guy is trying to teach the dog to ride (clutch is on the left, Rover!) --

r

That TW is a great starter bike for a dog.

Saturday, during the downpour rain (again....) checked the valves. It had been awhile-even though I have a 2013 which manual states to check every 8000 I decided to go with the newer models of every 16,000 miles. All good, no adjustments needed on the valves. I buttoned it back up and during a lull in the rainstorms, rode it into town (10 miles each way) to pick up a gallon of oil and oil filter for my C50 Boulevard. Started to rain again when I pulled into the driveway, so I changed the oil in the c50 while it rained again.
Yesterday, perfect day for riding. I met up with Brad (Deckyon on here) and Jimmy (not on here yet, but he just bought a new 2016 NC700 DCT) at Tom Sawyer State park in Louisville and rode up to Madison. We were planning to get some Hinkle burgers but they were closed on Memorial day. We went to a little tavern around the corner and had a Sharkley (sp) burger-huge and good, very good burger. The wait was long (they were very busy as most eating establishments were closed downtown Madison on Memorial Day). Brad and Jimmy headed back to Louisville and I took the very long loop back home; rode up to Versailles, back to Seymour and then down to Scottsburg.

Yep, will agree with David, it was a perfect riding day, and that burger was awesome! Better, I think, than the Hinkle's burgers. I did miss the hand-spun milkshakes. Oh well.

Jimmy and I headed back into Louisville, and parted ways in Prospect as I had other obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back