• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therapy beat me to it. JB Weld is like hot sauce... I put that sh*t on everything :)

One of the great things about JB Weld (or any other epoxy I guess) is that it has a long shelf life even after opening. I bought mine three years ago and I can still mix up a batch, unlike some other glues that always seem to be dried up when you go to use them a second time. I don't know if it would work on these blinkers but I've been able to sand down the epoxy to get a nicer finish.

One of the great things about JB Weld (or any other epoxy I guess) is that it has a long shelf life even after opening. I bought mine three years ago and I can still mix up a batch, unlike some other glues that always seem to be dried up when you go to use them a second time. I don't know if it would work on these blinkers but I've been able to sand down the epoxy to get a nicer finish.

Mine is a little too beat up, with the amber front broken and the screw piece broken out on the housing. If I were able to put it all together again, there'd be epoxy across the front lens, which I'd like to avoid.
Doing a bit more research on replacing the blinkers with some aftermarket units now, as that may be the better way to go, long-term.

Took advantage of a break in the weather yesterday for a nice little 80 mile ride through some hills and wine country west of me (Don, found some nice roads for later in the spring...). Unfortunately, hit some pea gravel about 60 miles in when turning onto a side street to turn around for a missed road and low-sided at about 7-10 mph into a dirt/grass ditch. Bent the shift lever (was able to bend it back to a usable state), put a few scratches into the left side plastic (nothing too bad, though, just a little "personality"), and broke the left front turn signal. Grrrr. Jammed or sprained my left wrist and bruised my ego a bit. Finished the ride, though, and can't wait to get parts ordered and in so I can get back out on the road soon.

Pea gravel here is in liberal winter use too. On pavement it's much worse than being on hardpack or gravel for potential low-sides. Some places it's real obvious, others it's pretty hard to see. Hope you heal up soon, KDRob.

@KDRob did the same thing ~a year ago looks like you will need to take the left side plastics off if you are going to replace the blinker assembly...if you need help let us know...I have the service manual pdf thing

@KDRob did the same thing ~a year ago looks like you will need to take the left side plastics off if you are going to replace the blinker assembly...if you need help let us know...I have the service manual pdf thing

Thanks! I got the plastic off a little bit ago. Whoever came up with the idea that you have to take off pretty much all the plastic on the side of the bike to get at the turn signal needs to be taken out and shot. Since I got it apart, may as well put some aftermarkets on. Just trying to figure out what'll work for me, now.

Cleaned and lubed the chain. Tidied up the sprocket too. Then I took the cover off to clean up the front socket. Wow! It gets messy and sticky in there!! :eek:

Later in the day, I took my wife for a ride. First time she has sat on the back of the bike, and first time I had a pillion. Corners are a bit different!

Last edited:
Pretty much take off all the plastics to do anything on this bike, except maybe replacing the oil filter, checking valve clearances, and modifying the suspension...

That said, washed all the bugs off and gave it a good (spray-n-dry) waxing today.

I attached my Sena 20s to my new helmet. I purchased the Sena last year but I couldn't fit it to my Nolan N86.

Did the complete install, didn't like it, stripped it all out and did it again, much better. Paired it to my phone and then sat here at my desk for a while, with my helmet on, listening to music.

1.jpg

I attached my Sena 20s to my new helmet. I purchased the Sena last year but I couldn't fit it to my Nolan N86.

Did the complete install, didn't like it, stripped it all out and did it again, much better. Paired it to my phone and then sat here at my desk for a while, with my helmet on, listening to music.

Am I right to assume this means you can no longer put the helmet in the frunk? This is what has stopped me from taking on something like this.

Am I right to assume this means you can no longer put the helmet in the frunk? This is what has stopped me from taking on something like this.

I think you are right, however I have never used the frunk for my helmet.

How I use my Frunk

One day I'll get a top case, big enough to hold my helmet with Sena attached.

Last edited:
Added some LED lights - hoping for better visibility from the cagers.
b1d13296c513fe60b075997a1a56d0be.jpg

OK...got you all topped. All by myself and without any research or phone calls to technical support, I correctly installed a set of highly complex Grip Puppies. Had a bit of a challenge figuring out which one looked best on the the left grip and which one was for the right, but got help from my wife who has great fashion sense and it is done!! (Taking bow and waiting for applause)

Photos on request.

(oh ya...for those following my "no more farkles promise"....these don't count, they are safety equipment)

Last edited:
OK...got you all topped. All by myself and without any research or phone calls to technical support, I correctly installed a set of highly complex Grip Puppies. Had a bit of a challenge figuring out which one looked best on the the left grip and which one was for the right, but got help from my wife who has great fashion sense and it is done!! (Taking bow and waiting for applause)

Photos on request.

I commuted today as I do always and really like it! I don't have any bar weights and absolutely no numbness or anything like that. Will turn on heated grips tomorrow to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, did the 8k mi valve check and oil change (well, dad did most of the work while I was at work, but I got to use the feeler gages and tighten down the lock nuts myself). Exhaust side was a bit tight on cylinder 1 (maybe 2 also, can't remember), but all the others were in spec. Sounds and feels about the same as it did before, so I must've done something right. :p

We ordered "replacement" blinkers and they came and had different plugs on the wires and only two. WE need three. And they said they were a match. And the plugs were a different type. Sourcing just the plug connectors for some of the NC light harness and sockets was impossible for me. ONly one site and they did not have most of what I needed -( rear light addition).
An hour or so and some JB Weld was less irritating.........and faster. Had to glue parts together in stages.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back