• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got your money's worth on that filter!

Installed Hepco & Becker skid plate. I'm preparing my bike for some off roading. Givi engine guards are on the way. The last touch will be installing off road worthy tires (later in spring).
The skid plate looks sturdy, but it is touching exhaust pipe a couple inches underneath O2 sensor. English installation directions could be more detailed.
I've fired up the engine and the bike is much louder now. I guess no need for aftermarket exhaust any more :)
HB.jpgHB2.jpg

Just picked up the bike today and had to start doing stuff to it. I'm a top box kind of guy so I moved my old one to the new bike. The givi 1111fz bracket was easy to install and my truck went on with ease. I also moved my air hawk on to the seat. My top box is a moose expedition 47L box that I bought new but they make generic duplicates for less than $50. So that's probably the most economical route to add a top case. Givi 1111fz bracket and one of these eBay boxes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/380675954566

6937b1ae3c79727643d752b99d7c392c.jpg

The holes don't exactly line up perfectly but it's close enough. One of the holes, I had to make on the plate. Loctited all the bolts.

a4d8b896b78a86ecfaf121d9dd2143df.jpg

b95d69e32d8013b234e98b601b1db944.jpg

My air hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today, and okay, maybe cheating a little for this thread, the previous 3 or 4 days:

SW-Motech Crash Bars
SW-Motech Skid Plate
SW-Motech EVO Rack
Race Tech Gold Emulators
Arpilla Touno Rear Shock w new Ohlins Spring
Mount SJ4000 Camera to front beak
Madstad Windshield
Mount Rotopax to Dale's Rack
TKC80 Front, Avon Trailrider Rear tires
Fenda Extenda
Wolfman Luggage attached
Altrider Radiator Guard
Honda Accessory Harness and Relay

and probably a few things I forgot. Ready for Mexico :cool:

20170114_235448680_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Snow day... In Portland OR no less, Heated the garage and tackled projects resulting from Christmas gift I asked for. A good day! Cleaned/waxed the chain, installed Puig rear fender, front fender extender (that was more of a rivet challenge than it should have been - redone twice) and installed a fused USB port for the phone. Also added the USB port for the iPhone mounted on the RAM mount. All in all (ther that the Seahawks losing), it was a great Saturday. Hope to ride soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5289.jpg
    IMG_5289.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_5291.jpg
    IMG_5291.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_5294.jpg
    IMG_5294.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_5296.jpg
    IMG_5296.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_5299.jpg
    IMG_5299.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_5300.jpg
    IMG_5300.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
Second day of owning the bike and not off to a good start. I find the bike really hard to move and see that my rear tire is flat and find this.

703c61c817f97ace4b49a9322a948a8a.jpg

820ec6a41ab5e280cee7902f7e4514aa.jpg

I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Didn't have any plugs that weren't dried up so I'll try that route first.

I continued my mods. Replaced the tiny horn with a fiamm. Probably one of the best thing you can sis be it literally took five minutes.

a7c4096f089cbbeb6559025715e82290.jpg

Not sure what type of barkbusters that I had on the old bike but I moved it over to the Nc700x. Found several posts on how to do it and I went with leaving everything as is and using the screw from the bar end to install it. The throttle side is bit tight cause of the brake reservoir but it works. I want it more for wind protection more than anything else.

1e93d7474e07adc1fc42aec78fe89236.jpg

6a92325494479a6c44244b24173f74b0.jpg

eac0a9247e290320d9d3f0f255b59dcd.jpg

Have a wind deflector, bar risers, shad seat that I won on eBay for $150 shipped, Denali light mount, led lights all coming in the mail so that should keep me busy. Also need to order the sub harness and relay from the local dealer. Think might get the big ticket item from Europe like the skid plate and pannier mounts and engine guards. Would love to find a used Madstad windscreen but not going to hold my breath. Okay that's all for today!

A suggestion for the Fiamm horn: mount it with the trumpet facing downward so it doesn't fill up with water.

A suggestion for the Fiamm horn: mount it with the trumpet facing downward so it doesn't fill up with water.

Thanks for the tip! There is no slack on the connectors so it's the easiest position I can get the horn. More than anything else, I live in so cal and it hardly rains here and though I use it to commute, I just work from home when it rains. :D

So today, and okay, maybe cheating a little for this thread, the previous 3 or 4 days:

SW-Motech Crash Bars
SW-Motech Skid Plate
SW-Motech EVO Rack
Race Tech Gold Emulators
Arpilla Touno Rear Shock w new Ohlins Spring
Mount SJ4000 Camera to front beak
Madstad Windshield
Mount Rotopax to Dale's Rack
TKC80 Front, Avon Trailrider Rear tires
Fenda Extenda
Wolfman Luggage attached
Altrider Radiator Guard
Honda Accessory Harness and Relay

and probably a few things I forgot. Ready for Mexico :cool:

View attachment 32199
Awesome.
As far as making the NC off-road worthy, it's close to what I have in mind.

Another reason to mount the horn facing downward: the sound will bounce off the ground and radiate outward, whereas facing upward it'll just go off into space (and possibly deafen you, depending on your head position when it sounds).

I feel you on the flat--I got a long screw in mine on the way back from the dealer (about 1.5-2 hr drive), noticed it as soon as I parked. Luckily it was a slow leak and didn't fly out, but I pulled and replaced the tire just in case, keeping the old one as a spare.

Replace front TKC80 tire with 705 tire. Tkc80 lasted 5800 miles. Change front brake pads. Waited too long since 1/3 of pad on both sides gone. Noticed noise 2 days ago so quit using front brakes. 14,000 on front brakes. Still on original rear brake pads with bike over 43,000 miles. Ride mostly mountain roads in Western NC with one ride last summer to California.

Installed my Shad seat that I got used in eBay. Also put some eBay Triumph wanna be driving lights on the Denali fog light mount. Haven't wired it as the subharness is on order. I doubt the lights are any good but like the way they look more than anything else. Figure it's better than nothing.

23dae5afb311095b952d804a7c8e01a8.jpg

5ba060f98f710eef637cd2cb3fe64c3b.jpg

Turned her over and let her run for a bit last night. Got the wet gear packed in the top box as well as the warm gloves. Tomorrow I will be gassing up and taking a ride somewhere. Also, going to throw the Mavic Pro drone in the top box as well and find somewhere interesting to fly.

I bought a wheeldock brand front stand / chock / dock.
They are made in Stillwater, Oklahoma, and I was there for a baseball historian's meeting, so I went by and picked one up.
Much more expensive than harbor freight, but stronger and no tilting cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back