• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(yesterday) Shaggymonkey and I headed out for an all day, 2 state, 220 miler around Mt. Hood and along both sides of the Columbia River Gorge. Spectacular weather, a great lunch and except for the return leg on Hwy 14 in Washington, we pretty much had all the roads to ourselves!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Got back yesterday from over 1200 miles since Wednesday (down at the ADV's RDV in Hampton, TN). Was a few houses from mine when I heard a weird sound from the bike and then lost all power. Coasted into my driveway only to look down and see the chain missing. Gone. It was a little loose when I left TN in the morning in the pouring rain, but terribly loose. New one ordered. No other damage from the chain falling off. Between the rain and the damn speed bumps in my neighborhood, I guess that was the last it would give. I have had to adjust it the last few weeks after a couple hundred miles or so. Just glad it happened when and where it did. Would have made for a very long day.

New chain will be here tomorrow. and I will be ready to go for this weekend.

I am also going to order a new seat. AirHawk just isnt doing enough. I am reading reviews on Seat Concepts, Sargent and Corbin. Just cannot decide which.

Just glad it happened when and where it did. Would have made for a very long day.

New chain will be here tomorrow. and I will be ready to go for this weekend.

I am also going to order a new seat. AirHawk just isnt doing enough. I am reading reviews on Seat Concepts, Sargent and Corbin. Just cannot decide which.
If you have to loose a chain, either coasting into your home or bike shop are the best of luck!

I have had the OEM, Sargent, and Russel's Day-Long seats on my NC's over the years. Although the Day-Long is the priciest, it has paid me back in comfort many times over. The Day-Long is in a class of seats unmatched by any others.

This is mine and the technician that made it at Russel during my drive-in appointment. It has the (greatly appreciated) heated option.

IMG_1574.jpg

Just my 2-cents.

Ray

Last edited:
Ray, I'd probably have such a seat if I didn't need to dab and paddle when riding off-pavement sometimes. Looks scrumptious!

OK, I ordered a Shad, and if it doesnt work for me, I can easily send it back (gotta love Amazon Prime.) Besides, I can have it tomorrow for no shipping. I need to dig though the posts for HondaBikePro's pillian replacement with the fuel pass-through. I would have been able to really get some use out of that this past week.

Ray, I think you're fortunate to have long legs, as that seems to make the RDL work well on the NC. I bought Lee's bike with his RDL and I could barely even ride the motorcycle, but of course, the seat was made for Lee and not me. That seat had to come off first thing. I really do want to give a custom made RDL another try, based on your strong recommendations, but I just don't know if it will work. Do they take returns on custom work?

Ray, I think you're fortunate to have long legs, as that seems to make the RDL work well on the NC.

Do they take returns on custom work?
Greg, you're right about RDL's and longer legs (my 36" inseam) are a compatible match. They work because of the shape and padding, with that it raises the seat height. You could attempt to lower the bike, (Amazon.com: NC700X Lowering Link Links Kit (All Years): Automotive).

You'll have to contact them about returns, I have no association with them other than the smile I have when I sit on my RDL.

My only other suggestion would be to get taller somehow.

Maybe...

IMG_3173.JPG

Ray

Last edited:
Woke up earlier than I needed at 5am instead of 5:20... so my day was moved 20 minutes earlier. Which in turn gave me a 20 minute buffer before I had to be at work, so I found myself at Starbucks at 7:15am... and I thought how funny that I was finally a "Starbucks Adventure Rider" that you hear so much about... so a pic was needed... :D

bucks.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Sargent seat. It is better than stock, but sometimes I put the Airhawk on top of it.

I rode about 80 miles to the eye doctor, then up into Kansas looking for a tank for the tag game.

What did I do with my NC? I let it sit at home for two days while I got stuck in snow a couple times and rode for some high ground on my WR, and on the next day got real lost in endless hills and hollows while exploring. Wow is my body hammered from roughjacking and fast riding on pounded out tracks too, though.

Stuck twice the first day, the bad one took 45 minutes to extricate and get on a track that wouldn't lead me into something worse. Worth it though. This is an easy one that isn't very deep but spins the tire on ice. But ahead is impassable:

2017-05-22 13;40;23 by greenboy, on Flickr

No way to avoid it, it's long way to Not Snow. Drat!

2017-05-22 13;51;54 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
It's raining this morning, but it's not cold so rode to work anyway! So nice to have the right gear and a bigger-than-stock windshield. Look forward to riding home in drier weather though!!

It's raining this morning, but it's not cold so rode to work anyway! So nice to have the right gear and a bigger-than-stock windshield. Look forward to riding home in drier weather though!!
I beat it by 6 drops... I was out the door at 5:20, at the gym till 7:31 and at work at 7:48a got hit by 6 drops of rain. Now my girl is under her cover outside getting rained ones I work... I have a feeling I'll be riding home in the rain later... but as you said, it's not cold, so bring the weather!

Fit all my work stuff, gym stuff, rain gear, some tools and still had room.

View attachment 33591 View attachment 33593
Wow! Talk about optical illusions. Your top case looks normal in the top pic but then huge in the bottom pic! Reminds me of the sight gags in the old movie 'Top Secret' and others. They do look good and glad you have another reason to luv your NC.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back