• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't miss the totally awesome tool kit either. I mean, really! ; }

I was not going to go, raining and miserable at 10 am. The trade show was scheduled 2 PM till 7 PM.

I checked the weather map and it showed that the rain clouds should be done and gone within an hour and heading in the same direction I was. I geared up and chased the clouds all the way to the venue, I caught up with them in the last twenty minutes so experienced downtown freeway traffic in the rain, in heavy traffic I'm most comfortable in the fast lane keeping up with traffic, whatever speed that is. I just think the fast lane is safer than the middle and 'slow' lanes.

A top box would be nice, luckily there was a coat check so I was able to check my jacket and a bag with my helmet and rain pants in it. I forgot to take a change of shoes so had to trudge around the show in my boots.

The ride home was dry, sunshine and warmth.

Round trip 400km / 250 miles.

1 Map.JPG
2 Miror.jpg
3 Tower.jpg
4 Tower.jpg
5 Tower.jpg
6.jpg

Nice photos, Sumo. And which gloves are those? Do you like 'em?

I'm pretty stocked up with cold weather gloves and hot weather gloves. All but tweenies ; }

I have the apex drystar...not a fan. trying to put them on if your hands are already wet is a nightmare.

Waiting for my new chain, the one on there now is about toast.

Winds up to 50 mph (80 kph) today, so did not ride until it calmed down about 7.

Tried out the new footpegs, seem fine.
It is hard to tell on a short ride if the drop is helping.
The brake could stand to be a little lower.
If my heel is on the new lower footpeg it is easy to ride the brake.

Also took off the Longhorn highway pegs and reset the old, smaller ones.
I found the left one will fit through a hole in the SW Motech skid plate, but I had to put the right one higher up on the crash bar.

Awesome ride into work today. REALLY digging riding in 70 deg at 5:30am... SO much better than 38 deg... SO MUCh BETTER!

My wife was like, your riding? It may rain? I'm. like woman, it's 70+ probably 85 by noon, I'll ride in a monsoon in those temps! I got rain gear!

I ordered Kijima Engine Guard as seen on Web!ke from an eBay seller for $143.20, partly because I suspected they'd work as highway pegs (which later I found a reviewer from Japan verified). Two-point mounting but due to bracket design it looks like it could be up to the job -- at any rate good enough for slow get-offs, dirt dumps ; }

405-231%95t.jpg
00001001529L.jpg
00001000725L.jpg

I rode to and from work with my tool tubes installed on my light bar, good for cold weather not hot. I was planning on putting some fuel in bottles in them for my trip but decided to take them off today was in the 80's and my legs were getting hot, this weekend is going to be 100, other then that they worked great there. I also installed my sit-in-fly seat cover.
b83a58e3398f80360e1b3ed49b8eaa7c.jpg

Didn't have quite enough material from the Sit & Fly seat cover (Bergman size!) I bought last year to cover both my stock seat which I did back then, and my Shad Comfort Seat just yesterday. But the remnant did cover the front 3/4ths or so of the Shad, which allowed me to experiment by sliding some fairly dense 3/8" closed-cell foam in from the back. Wow -- I'm taller! Felt good, but only rode 120 miles or so. Got rained on toward the end there...

Yep, had it rough today. Wish I could catch a break ; }

2017-05-18 15;46;33 by greenboy, on Flickr

I rode to and from work with my tool tubes installed on my light bar, good for cold weather not hot. I was planning on putting some fuel in bottles in them for my trip but decided to take them off today was in the 80's and my legs were getting hot, this weekend is going to be 100, other then that they worked great there. I also installed my sit-in-fly seat cover.
b83a58e3398f80360e1b3ed49b8eaa7c.jpg

Secretly masquerading as rocket launchers? :eek:

Didn't have quite enough material from the Sit & Fly seat cover (Bergman size!) I bought last year to cover both my stock seat which I did back then, and my Shad Comfort Seat just yesterday. But the remnant did cover the front 3/4ths or so of the Shad, which allowed me to experiment by sliding some fairly dense 3/8" closed-cell foam in from the back. Wow -- I'm taller! Felt good, but only rode 120 miles or so. Got rained on toward the end there...

Yep, had it rough today. Wish I could catch a break ; }

2017-05-18 15;46;33 by greenboy, on Flickr

Greenboy, you live in paradise.

Riding the NC to and from work everyday. Yesterday I rode my son Max's CB500X back from the dealer where the 16,000 mile valve check was done. I was told all of the valves were spot on. The difficulty and expense at getting at the valves on the CB was the only reservation I had about buying the bike. The bike was fine on the way home, very good weather protection provided by the Puig tall windscreen, too good on a very hot (86F) afternoon here in Vermont. The bike came with a Two Brothers Carbon Fiber muffler which I think sounds pretty good when Max is riding around with me but is way too loud for dear old dad when I am on the CB. I really missed not-shifting.

Today I went to the grand opening of the Ace Cafe in Orlando: Flickr

After reworking some mods to the bike to make it more comfortable for longer distance travel, I took a ride to Sebring on Tuesday. After 265 miles a little sore, but no pain: Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back